Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 10:06 AM

23,471 posts, read 44,121,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Helen Mirren is elegant and so is Caitriona Balfe (Outlander).

Many actresses appear elegant on a runway, but in real life they don’t really seem so.
I love Helen Mirren's combination of elegance and earthiness; she could swear like a longshoreman and make it sound like she's reading Shakepeare's Sonnets.
Kathleen Turner has this quality as well IMO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 10:16 AM

22,923 posts, read 28,293,525 times
Depends on what you're asking.

Do you mean do they display elegance and class in their personal lives? That's hard for me to judge, since I really don't pay much attention to stars' personal lives.

Or do you mean roles in movies that display elegance and class? Sadly, there aren't many such roles these days. Angela Bassett still gets a few. Maybe in British costume dramas?

Old Today, 11:37 AM

23,471 posts, read 44,121,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Depends on what you're asking.

Do you mean do they display elegance and class in their personal lives? That's hard for me to judge, since I really don't pay much attention to stars' personal lives.

Or do you mean roles in movies that display elegance and class? Sadly, there aren't many such roles these days. Angela Bassett still gets a few. Maybe in British costume dramas?
My takeaway is that the OP is referring to how they present themselves to the public as well as the roles they play, how they are photographed and so on. It's a multilayered criteria.

Old Today, 11:48 AM

32,116 posts, read 34,753,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconographer View Post
My takeaway is that the OP is referring to how they present themselves to the public as well as the roles they play, how they are photographed and so on. It's a multilayered criteria.
Correct.

Megan Fox once said during an interview that she doesn't flush. Putting her terrible roles aside, that's a ridiculous thing to say in public and it automatically disqualifies her in this conversation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies