Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2024, 02:22 PM

102,251 posts, read 108,166,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfbs2691 View Post
The Gods Must Be Crazy

Lines went around the block to get tickets.

Walked out. Never understood the popularity
One of my faves, ever!

Sorry, I guess I'm off-topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2024, 04:20 PM

507 posts, read 202,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJSaturn View Post
Tie: A Clockwork Orange and The World According to Garp

One of my favorite films. In no conceivable way is it "bad."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevada2012 View Post
District 9.

I love me my alien movies.

I have watched my share of crappy alien movies.

District 9 got me out the door in about 30 minutes.
Wow. Great movie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
There was a similar thread a few years ago.

I gave my answer, and some people really argued against it.

To each his/her own .

Mine is.....Maximum Overdrive (1986).
Park that one under "so bad, it's good"! I rewatched it on Tubi recently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowilldo View Post
Cannot remember the last time I was in a theatre. Wow. Just don't care for them for whatever reason.

To me, THE movie that stands out as completely horrible, worst ever, almost have to see it to actually believe it... goes way, way back to 1970s... we all got high in a friend's living room back in Aurora, CO, and even in an altered state it still really, really sucked.

Duel with Dennis Weaver
I'm not sure how anyone could deem Duel the "worst movie ever." Another one I like a lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
Halloween 3 Season of the Witch - went to see this on Halloween night and, ugh, what a let down. Awful.

The first two were so good - what the heck?!?! I'm still bitter about wasting money on that.
Maybe I'm one of the outliers, but I like H3SotW. John Carpenter wanted the franchise to continue with the aim of presenting a new, unique story in each sequel installment. Unfortunately, it didn't perform well and the endless nonsense of "unstoppable Michael Myers" resumed and continued thereafter, in perpetuity.

Old 04-25-2024, 07:05 PM

15,253 posts, read 13,002,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBear View Post
It would be a lot easier to list the good movies as there are so few. I stopped going to the theater in the early 90's after the last show I paid to see, "Shrek".

But possibly the worst was one that had Clint Eastwood's girlfriend in it, can't remember her name, but he gave her parts in Jose Wales and the Any Which Way movies.
Sondra Locke

Old 04-29-2024, 04:41 PM

2,506 posts, read 3,256,539 times
Kevin Bacon made a stinker called TREMORS back in the 1980s I think. Soo bad we walked out 30 mins into it.

Old 04-29-2024, 04:46 PM

2,506 posts, read 3,256,539 times
OK we saw this on TV but the Cocaine Bear was such a stinker we had to switch it off. It wasnt even funny in a campy way.

Old 04-29-2024, 07:54 PM

23,503 posts, read 44,172,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
Rock of Ages

Ugh.

While I love the music of that era, and I normally love Tom Cruise, this movie was absolutely atrocious. Awful.
Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a winner. If there is a more self-indulgent, big budget blivet of a movie, I haven't seen it. I can't decide whether Tom Cruise was more miscast in this or Interview With The Vampire (another dog).

Old 04-29-2024, 09:16 PM

15,549 posts, read 7,571,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaboy View Post
Kevin Bacon made a stinker called TREMORS back in the 1980s I think. Soo bad we walked out 30 mins into it.
Tremors is an awesome movie! There were 5 or 6 sequels.

Old 04-30-2024, 05:23 AM

17,645 posts, read 22,678,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fluffythewondercat View Post
Sondra Locke
She was pretty good in "THE Gauntlet" & "Sudden Impact"-1983....

Old 04-30-2024, 05:57 AM

23,503 posts, read 44,172,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
One of my faves, ever!

Sorry, I guess I'm off-topic.
Don't apologize. I'm shocked by the treatment some of my all-time favorites are getting on here.
There's no accounting for taste.

Old 04-30-2024, 06:17 AM

11,678 posts, read 6,104,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpio516 View Post
That's not the question. The question wasn't what good movie you didn't like. The question was what is the worst movie you have seen in a theatre.
Your answer, along with a number of other posters, is that some of the best movies ever made are the worst movie they've seen in a theatre.

Which means people never, ever go to the theatre. Sight and Sound say only two movies from this century are better than Clockwork Orange. AFI consensus is no movie made this century is better than Clockwork Orange.
Movies are entertainment, which is a form of art, among the performing arts. Art is all about personal preference. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. It is not unreaonable that a small minority of people will consider a great movie to be the worst they have seen.

That is neither a knock on the movie nor on the person who thinks it bad. It is all personal preference.

I think "A Clockwork Orange" is a brilliant movie by a very good director, based on a book with the same title. It is disturbing and a very hard watch, violent and sick. I assume it is a harder watch for women than for men. It is definitely thought provoking and it is not for everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies