Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2024, 09:24 PM

962 posts, read 576,087 times

Advertisements

Well this was a stinker.

Maybe this is an unpopular opinion, but Sydney Sweeney is a terrible actress. She sleepwalks through the whole thing. Glen Powell is not bad, but these two have no chemistry.

It bills itself as a rom com, but it was more like watching a first draft of a script for a rom com. It should have been funnier, and taken more time to build rapport among the characters. It was R-rated, but I thought it didn't go far enough. Some gross out humor would have moved things along. But when you are too afraid of offending people, you end up with bland crap like this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2024, 08:52 AM

12,401 posts, read 8,186,984 times
At a little under an hour 45 minutes on Netflix it is better than their homegrown exclusive movie content

Old 05-02-2024, 08:25 PM

5,017 posts, read 10,713,765 times
It was really unmemorable. I don’t think that Sweeney is a bad actress; on the contrary, she is quite good in Euphoria. And Powell has also done good work until this movie. But this film has such a terrible script (bad plot, terrible writing, which is saying a lot for a rom-com) that it would make any actor seem terrible.

The only bright spot was Davionte Ganter’s performance.

Old Today, 02:08 PM

848 posts, read 781,091 times
It was OK, not sure how it made 100M at the domestic box office though….expected more.

Every time I see Glen Powell, I think he will be the next George Clooney.

Can’t say much in support of Sydney Sweeney, not much of an actress, no sparkle at all.

Last edited by Shark01; Today at 02:23 PM..

Old Today, 03:56 PM

12,401 posts, read 8,186,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark01 View Post
It was OK, not sure how it made 100M at the domestic box office though….expected more.

Every time I see Glen Powell, I think he will be the next George Clooney.

Can’t say much in support of Sydney Sweeney, not much of an actress, no sparkle at all.
An alternative to
Aqua-man which didn't do very well
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies