Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2024, 08:13 PM

8,342 posts, read 13,482,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley. View Post
Was there any actual beekeeping shown in the movie ?
Yes but very little!
He was slacking which, in a way, explains the current ridiculous honey prices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2024, 05:47 AM

22,940 posts, read 28,327,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
ghosts of mars (altho that was Henstridges flick), the transporters 1 and 2, revolver, parker, wild car, crank 1, didnt like 2, iti job, mechanic and the meg. now keep in mind, I am NOT expending a 'sad clown of life' performance. I am expecting bums to be beat. And beat they are and he pulls it off more so than a van damme movie (like I just watched hard target again last night more so for Yancy Bulter and I did not remember his fight scenes sucking so much...)
I guess I just hope for more in an action flick than good fight scenes. I have seen smart action movies. It is possible, so I don't understand why so many seem satisfied with so much less. I do think Statham has the makings to be a genuine movie star. But he keeps making movies, most of which are barely above passable.

I haven't seen GHOSTS OF MARS. I did see the first TRANSPORTER, and while it was fun, I pretty much forgot it ten minutes after it was over. PARKER was a misfire, but maybe that is simply because I love the books so much. Never saw CRANK or THE MECHANIC (which was a remake). I did see MEG, and wow. I think a team of third graders wrote that one. It was fun. But it was really dumb fun. I'd watch it alongside FLASH GORDON or HIGHLANDER.

And that's my point. I think Statham is actually a lot better than the movies he is in.

Old 02-29-2024, 02:46 PM

13,585 posts, read 15,691,100 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
I have. It wasn't as good as LOCK STOCK, but it was good. It also came out 24 years ago. How many good movies has Statham been in since?
I really like Blitz (2011) and Death Race (2008).

Old 05-03-2024, 11:49 PM

963 posts, read 576,683 times
Just watched this. And it's GOOD.

After awhile, Statham movies start to feel the same, with his English edge and cheesy humor. But they played this very straight.

Movies are so tame these days. It's good to see something actually lean into the violence. Even more surprising was the director. David Ayer(the guy who made Will Smith Suicide Squad and Sabotage) actually made a watchable movie. What do you know. Lots of action, and no shaky cam. Good fight scenes that you can actually see are refreshing in this day and age.

7/10.

Old Today, 12:22 PM

7,035 posts, read 2,735,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by littletraveller View Post
Just watched this. And it's GOOD.

After awhile, Statham movies start to feel the same, with his English edge and cheesy humor. But they played this very straight.

Movies are so tame these days. It's good to see something actually lean into the violence. Even more surprising was the director. David Ayer(the guy who made Will Smith Suicide Squad and Sabotage) actually made a watchable movie. What do you know. Lots of action, and no shaky cam. Good fight scenes that you can actually see are refreshing in this day and age.

7/10.
The problem I have with most of these movies is that the star kicks a lot of butt, but never even gets tired or even breathes hard. I have been watching a bunch of these types of flicks on NetFlix and they are all the same.

I realize that these movies are pure fantasy. There are no secret government agencies with super spies and high tech equipment. The government is staffed with the same slobs as every other agency.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies