Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 05:44 PM

5,296 posts, read 6,475,519 times

Advertisements

Another one for Happy Gilmore with Adam Sandler-when he beats up the clown on the miniature golf course
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2008, 05:45 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,027,833 times
Johnny Knoxville's "Old man balls" in Jacka$$

When Woody Allen walks out of the Orgasmatron in Sleeper

The mailbox vandalism scene in Dazed and Confused, when Mitch uses the bowling ball. They all look at each other in nervous surprise, then totally crack up as they speed off

In Election, every time Tracy Flick is angry or thwarted, when the "restless native" sound effect plays

Various subtle scenes in Office Space just kill me, one that comes to mind is the opening credits, when the nerdy white guy quits singing and uneasily turns down his bad-a$$ gangsta tunes and locks his door after a black salesman pulls appears

Caddyshack: every Bill Murray scene

Big: some really good moments; Tom Hanks really channels his inner adolescent, I loved when he spits out the hors d'oeuvres

Wedding Crashers: the quail-hunting, the football, the painting

honorable mention to all Monty Python films, which have aged very well.

Old 06-04-2008, 10:58 AM

1,658 posts, read 3,040,169 times
Bringing Up Baby: the telephone secene with Cary Grant and Katharine Hepburn, with Hepburn saying, "When you hear the tone, the time will be...." Cracks me up everytime.

Old 06-04-2008, 12:23 PM

898 posts, read 2,896,096 times
I just saw the movie "reno 911 miami" and I cracked up when the cops are trying to push the beached whale back into the ocean, and one of the cops goes through it.

Old 06-04-2008, 04:07 PM

3,555 posts, read 7,850,710 times
DaBeez; How can you call yourself any kind of fan if you haven't seen these classics? Just kidding, I'll admit that the Coen brothers are an acquired taste. I really consider Raising Arizona (Nicolas Cage, Holly Hunter, John Goodman) to be among the 5 funniest movies ever made. Big Lebowski really wasn't that funny to me the first time, but subsequent viewings got it up there.

In America was up for (screenwriting IIRC) and Oscar a few years ago. It's based on the life of Jim Sheridan (who directed this and "Hustle and Flow). It's told from the viewpoint of one of his daughters (the two of them shared screenwriting credit) and there a funny scenes, tense scenes and a couple of heart-wrenching scenes. And it's got the always wonderful Samantha Morton in it.

"Silverado" (Kevin Kline, Kevin Costner, Danny Glover, Scott Glenn and Roseanna Arquette looking as beautiful as I've ever seen her) is on AMC about every other day. Supposedly Lawrence Kasdan gave Kostner a big part in this to make up for editing him out of "The Big Chill".

Oh yeah, Jeff Goldblum, Brian Dennehy and Linda Hunt, so a ton of talent in this movie.

"A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Forum" only ran on broadway for about 10 years or so, the first time out. It made a re-appearance a few years back with Whoopie Goldberg as Pseudelous the slave and narrator. Zero Mostel and Phil Silvers were absolutely great. I know lots of people who hate musical comedies that love "Forum".

Gott go, the mailman just brought my netflix.

golfgod

Old 06-04-2008, 04:18 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,117,748 times
John Ritter in "Skin Deep" 1989

The Dueling 'Glow in the Dark' Condom scene

Old 06-05-2008, 09:06 AM

8,046 posts, read 10,638,176 times
MANY scenes from "Office Space" and ""Anchor Man". Also, the secne in Bruce Almighty when Steve Carell is an anchorman, with Jim Carry manipulating what he says.

Old 06-05-2008, 01:25 PM

1,129 posts, read 2,699,377 times
Evan Almighty-fish scene is side splitting!!

Old 06-05-2008, 02:36 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,378,567 times
Harlem nights when Arsenio Hall and his gang are trying to shoot Eddie Murphy and that guy keeps shooting that little gun lol

"“Stop it…stop it, don’t shoot that little MF no more…” and then again at the end when they lock the cop in the safe and Eddie Murphy tells him to take small breaths lol It's a classic

Old 06-05-2008, 06:02 PM

889 posts, read 2,406,927 times
The bottomless party scene in Harold & Kumar go to Guantanamo Bay
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies