Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2022, 07:51 AM

12,858 posts, read 16,862,536 times

Advertisements

Watched this last night. Found it entertaining but way too long. And be sure to watch to the very very end credits.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9032400/

The saga of the Eternals, a race of immortal beings who lived on Earth and shaped its history and civilizations.

Last edited by jim9251; 01-13-2022 at 08:54 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2022, 08:15 AM

643 posts, read 349,677 times
Ikaris and the winter soldier look way too similar--

Old 01-13-2022, 11:28 PM

2,118 posts, read 1,788,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoot002 View Post
Ikaris and the winter soldier look way too similar--
Eh. they are similar in that good looking generic White boy way. They kinda fit in with that meme of there are only a few White male actors in Hollywood.

Plus
Spoiler
only one of them is still in the MCU.

Old 01-14-2022, 02:13 PM

Bought the action figure of Jolie's Thena. Pretty awesome addition to my collection of Marvel's Legends.

Old 01-18-2022, 04:25 PM

19,014 posts, read 27,562,983 times
Just another mass product. Makes no sense, stretched unnecessarily, includes all now standard woke characters. A cliche, as usual. AJ maybe should stop doing movies. She’s definitely not what she used to be anymore.
And now we’ll have strand of sequels how bad celestial punish earth and brave justice league and eternals easily defeat them

Yawn…..

Old 01-18-2022, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Just another mass product. Makes no sense, stretched unnecessarily, includes all now standard woke characters. A cliche, as usual. AJ maybe should stop doing movies. She’s definitely not what she used to be anymore.
And now we’ll have strand of sequels how bad celestial punish earth and brave justice league and eternals easily defeat them

Yawn…..
They spent $.2 B on this movie. It has to be mass and long stretched.

Old 01-21-2022, 01:44 PM

9,614 posts, read 21,257,171 times
I enjoyed it overall but agree that it dragged a little. I kept losing interest which caused me to miss details so I was lost part of the time.

Old 01-23-2022, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duster1979 View Post
I enjoyed it overall but agree that it dragged a little. I kept losing interest which caused me to miss details so I was lost part of the time.
It's damn long and boring like Dune. The visual effect and natural scenes are truly stunning but the story is very poorly told. I guess most audience are confused.

Old 01-23-2022, 08:16 PM

17,874 posts, read 15,925,121 times
I do not think it is as good as other MCU movies. Actually its in the bottom pack of MCU movies.

I am not sure what MCU is thinking bringing in Eternals. Where were they during Infinity Saga? Did they get wiped during the Snap? I know they said only interfere is involves Deviants, but then where was Arishem the Celestial? And if Arishem is a Celestial, then why is Ego shaped like or is a planet? In the MCU Ego is also a Celestial. In the Comics Ego is his own being though.

Is Arishem, and Peter Quill related now too? They also bring in Harry Lloyd as Thanos's Brother Eros. Where was he the whole time? If Thanos is a Celestial then how he even care about reducing Universal population by half?

Old 01-24-2022, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Brazen_3133 View Post
I do not think it is as good as other MCU movies. Actually its in the bottom pack of MCU movies.

I am not sure what MCU is thinking bringing in Eternals. Where were they during Infinity Saga? Did they get wiped during the Snap? I know they said only interfere is involves Deviants, but then where was Arishem the Celestial? And if Arishem is a Celestial, then why is Ego shaped like or is a planet? In the MCU Ego is also a Celestial. In the Comics Ego is his own being though.

Is Arishem, and Peter Quill related now too? They also bring in Harry Lloyd as Thanos's Brother Eros. Where was he the whole time? If Thanos is a Celestial then how he even care about reducing Universal population by half?
As a reviewer who already spent 3 hrs in the theater, I think it's based on the scientific discovery that partial human ancestors are aliens from another planet or from the outer space. Actually Superman of DC is already an example. They're kinda like human version of transformers.

Marvel are on pre-sale of new action figures of character. I already have Wong and Dr. Strange in my cart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies