Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 10:40 AM

6,347 posts, read 9,883,499 times

Advertisements

This comes as a surprise to no one. Morgantown continues to be one of the best areas of the US year after year. Morgantown needs a warehouse to store its awards in.

10 Great Places to Live, 2013-Kiplinger

Quote:
. Even during the economic downturn of 2008-2010, Morgantown was one of the few metropolitan areas in the country that saw job and income growth
It makes me proud that Morgantown to know my hometown is one of the best places to live in the United States.

Old 07-26-2013, 11:32 PM

30 posts, read 35,611 times
And anyone who has ever lived in a midsize town can pull up at least ten articles from various stupid magazines (online or print) explaining how awesome they are because they appeared in some top 10 list. I swear to god, I've lived all over the east coast, and every little podunk town in the world likes to brag about such accolades. I bet even Huntington has several they like to bring up in promotional material. Anyone who is actually more than casually familiar with motown on a basic level knows that's it is nothing special, has corrupt local politics and is basically a town built to cater to drunks at WVU. The only redeeming quality of motown is Cheat Lake or South Park, the rest of it is a disgusting embarrassment.

Hey cry, is motown your hometown, or where you went to school? If you actually grew up there, then we all know why your perceptions (and grasp of the English language) are so skewed, it's simply a lack of exposure!

When the best thing happening to your town is its fifth sheetz, you should probably only be in the running for "Pennsyltucky white trash village of the year" .

Old 07-27-2013, 08:37 AM

10,147 posts, read 15,057,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Diogenes_ View Post
And anyone who has ever lived in a midsize town can pull up at least ten articles from various stupid magazines (online or print) explaining how awesome they are because they appeared in some top 10 list. I swear to god, I've lived all over the east coast, and every little podunk town in the world likes to brag about such accolades. I bet even Huntington has several they like to bring up in promotional material. Anyone who is actually more than casually familiar with motown on a basic level knows that's it is nothing special, has corrupt local politics and is basically a town built to cater to drunks at WVU. The only redeeming quality of motown is Cheat Lake or South Park, the rest of it is a disgusting embarrassment.

Hey cry, is motown your hometown, or where you went to school? If you actually grew up there, then we all know why your perceptions (and grasp of the English language) are so skewed, it's simply a lack of exposure!

When the best thing happening to your town is its fifth sheetz, you should probably only be in the running for "Pennsyltucky white trash village of the year" .

I never cease to be amazed at how jealousy brings folks out of the shadows to embarrass themselves under the guise of screen names, to post ridiculous negative crap like this. Tell the truth now... which town south of Sutton are you really from?

Our award winning town is an absolutely wonderful place to live on any number of counts. I would suggest folks stop by and check it out for themselves. That includes people living in Pittsburgh, who are leaving that craphole by the tens of thousands and who might be wanting to find a nice, safe neighborhood in which to live. We're just an hour south of you, but oh, so much nicer.

Old 07-27-2013, 09:11 AM

671 posts, read 1,058,327 times
CT, dont' attract more comments of that type by putting down Pittsburgh. To some who post here, it's actually a really nice city. Many of us in Morgantown use it to seek entertainment on occasion, and I think Morgantown would be less liveable without such a nice, large city nearby. It offers a variety of amenities that Morgantown will never be able to. It's not a "craphole". Your judgment of the city is akin to someone judging Morgantown based solely on a drive through Sabraton.

Old 07-27-2013, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam36 View Post
CT, dont' attract more comments of that type by putting down Pittsburgh. To some who post here, it's actually a really nice city. Many of us in Morgantown use it to seek entertainment on occasion, and I think Morgantown would be less liveable without such a nice, large city nearby. It offers a variety of amenities that Morgantown will never be able to. It's not a "craphole". Your judgment of the city is akin to someone judging Morgantown based solely on a drive through Sabraton.
I'm saying that tongue in cheek, because we all know some of their trolls come here just to rag on us. I agree that most of the Burgh is a nice place... the part near Pitt being the notable exception. The jury is still out on this latest character as to whether he is from there, or from south of Sutton.

Old 07-27-2013, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Diogenes_ View Post

LOL, you mad?

Please show all these accolades Huntington has won. I can list several accomplishments Huntington has but none of them are good.

Please show proof that every mid size town has as many awards has Morgantown. Good luck.

Old 07-27-2013, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam36 View Post
I agree. Pittsburgh is an awesome city. Morgantown's close proximity to Pittsburgh is definitely a big advantage of Morgantown. Finally attacking it leads people from other forums come in and derails the conversation. People want to come in and discuss the glory and awesomeness of Morgantown, perhaps speak a few words on why Morgantown is so great, and not see an argument about Pittsburgh. Ignore trolls who seek to derail thread because they are angry their main account is banned after several years.

However, Morgantown is unique in its high quality of life. Literally every year it is showered with prestige for not just being the best city in WV, but one of the best in the country. There is no need to put anyone down. Let's just enjoy how Morgantown is put up by nearly everyone.

Old 07-27-2013, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
I agree. Pittsburgh is an awesome city. Morgantown's close proximity to Pittsburgh is definitely a big advantage of Morgantown. Finally attacking it leads people from other forums come in and derails the conversation. People want to come in and discuss the glory and awesomeness of Morgantown, perhaps speak a few words on why Morgantown is so great, and not see an argument about Pittsburgh. Ignore trolls who seek to derail thread because they are angry their main account is banned after several years.

However, Morgantown is unique in its high quality of life. Literally every year it is showered with prestige for not just being the best city in WV, but one of the best in the country. There is no need to put anyone down. Let's just enjoy how Morgantown is put up by nearly everyone.
You are absolutely right. We just came back from the biker parade down High Street. It was well worth seeing. We have interesting things to see and do here each and every day.

Old 07-29-2013, 01:59 PM

37 posts, read 48,708 times
This is good to see. Anyone know what statistics they actually looked at to make this determination though?

Old 07-31-2013, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order66 View Post
This is good to see. Anyone know what statistics they actually looked at to make this determination though?
I don't think they used any statistics. I have a hunch the authors simply drove through northern Virginia on their way here and thought... wow, what a major improvement, plus they don't have many bubble headed space cadets.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown