Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 10:19 PM

10,147 posts, read 15,106,270 times

Advertisements

[quote=RVAtoCNC;31306965]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMountaineer View Post

Snowbird! Dont' ever claim on here how great Motown is in the winter - ever again - lest thee be the ultimate hypocrite!!! BTW - NC isn't South FL in the winter, but it's a far cry from WV and it rarely snow/ices, so no reason for a snowbird retreat while living here.
Permit me to LOL again please. There are lots of folks from NC with winter getaway places in FL too. I said it is warmer there than in WV. It is still quite cool in winter, and not all that much different than the lower elevations in West Virginia.

Old 09-06-2013, 10:21 PM

1,442 posts, read 2,570,543 times
[quote=CTMountaineer;31307095]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVAtoCNC View Post

Permit me to LOL again please. There are lots of folks from NC with winter getaway places in FL too. I said it is warmer there than in WV. It is still quite cool in winter, and not all that much different than the lower elevations in West Virginia.
Whimp - can't handle the motown winters - funny how hard you argued when I said many north WV residents, such as my folks, took up residences in FL - and here you were one of them!! Very disappointed.

Old 09-06-2013, 10:27 PM

[quote=RVAtoCNC;31307115]
Quote:

Whimp - can't handle the motown winters - funny how hard you argued when I said many north WV residents, such as my folks, took up residences in FL - and here you were one of them!! Very disappointed.
Again... you did not bother to read my post. I winter with ease in Morgantown, visiting my wife in FL a couple of times. In the meantine you are wussing it out there on Tobacco Road, running around in your tutu trying to act like it is summer, and providing comic relief for people passing through on their way to Florida warm up sessions.

Look, none of this has anything to do with the topic of this thread. We are here to discuss the quality of life in Morgantown. It is obviously terrific. There are some people, usually from the southern part of our state, people who are threatened by our successes, who come here trying to rag on us. When that happens, all it does is reinforce our progress and demonstrate the latent insecurity associated with South Central culture.

Old 09-06-2013, 10:47 PM

[quote=CTMountaineer;31307169]
Quote:

Again... you did not bother to read my post. I winter with ease in Morgantown, visiting my wife in FL a couple of times. In the meantine you are wussing it out there on Tobacco Road, running around in your tutu trying to act like it is summer, and providing comic relief for people passing through on their way to Florida warm up sessions.

Look, none of this has anything to do with the topic of this thread. We are here to discuss the quality of life in Morgantown. It is obviously terrific. There are some people, usually from the southern part of our state, people who are threatened by our successes, who come here trying to rag on us. When that happens, all it does is reinforce our progress and demonstrate the latent insecurity associated with South Central culture.
CT - I spent half my time on this thread bashing the Tigger - gimme a break. OK, the other half was stating that I dont see where Columbia SC or Little Rock were "top ten" places to reside.

Old 09-06-2013, 10:53 PM

[quote=RVAtoCNC;31307311]
Quote:

CT - I spent half my time on this thread bashing the Tigger - gimme a break. OK, the other half was stating that I dont see where Columbia SC or Little Rock were "top ten" places to reside.
I have to respond by asking why you feel the need to bash anybody? Those who post on the Morgantown portion of the WV board generally do not run around bashing others' towns. What need is it that you have that drives you to come here and try to do that? Tell your wife you need some more attention. She will understand. No need to come here trying to agitate us to get it.

Old 09-06-2013, 10:57 PM

[quote=CTMountaineer;31307351]
Quote:

I have to respond by asking why you feel the need to bash anybody? Those who post on the Morgantown portion of the WV board generally do not run around bashing others' towns. What need is it that you have that drives you to come here and try to do that? Tell your wife you need some more attention. She will understand. No need to come here trying to agitate us to get it.
I dont come here with the intent to "bash" anyone. I am interested in WV because it's my home state, and Motown because it's where I graduated from. And Charelston because it's where I grew up. When I see stuff I disagree with, or arrogant boasting, I might feel the need to post opposition if I dont agree. As for the Clemson guy, I think you will agree his posts were rather obnoxious.

Old 09-07-2013, 12:07 AM

6,347 posts, read 9,909,102 times
[quote=RVAtoCNC;31307387]
Quote:

I dont come here with the intent to "bash" anyone. I am interested in WV because it's my home state, and Motown because it's where I graduated from. And Charelston because it's where I grew up. When I see stuff I disagree with, or arrogant boasting, I might feel the need to post opposition if I dont agree. As for the Clemson guy, I think you will agree his posts were rather obnoxious.
RVA, you do disagree with a lot of what we post but it is all true.

We arent trying to boost. We are starting facts. It is not fault our economy is so good. If we state a fact you get upset and come here to put us down. It creates a very negative atmosphere. Your disagreement with facts is creating huge arguments.

Now the Clemson guy was a troll. It is your fault he even came here. He somehow saw one of your post where you put down Clemson thought it was the Morgantown people who said it and started bashing Morgantown. It is just an example of what happens when you feel to needlessly bash Morgantown. We werent putting Charleston down nor was NC mentioned before you came. But because you had to try and rain on Morgantown's parade you derailed the thread and ruined a topic about this ranking Morgantown got and you also hijacked another threat about Morgantown's amazing job growth.

I know in the past we had our differences but let's work on keeping this thread positive.

Old 09-07-2013, 07:49 AM

[quote=RVAtoCNC;31307387]
Quote:

It is not arrogant boasting to post facts. It is difficult to dispute facts too and maintain credibility.
When we say a national magazine picked our town as a Top 10 place to live, it is because they
did so. There are several national publications who have heaped accolades on Morgantown. You
should be happy for us instead of coming here looking for ways to spread negativity. If a magazine
were to offer positive ratings for Charleston, WV I would be thrilled for them. That area gets next
to no positive recognition. Since there is a city in our state that is finally getting positive national
play, rather than resenting that it isn't your own particular favorite, it might be a good idea to
push the idea forward in hopes that it spreads to other WV towns.

In case you haven't taken the time to read them, here is a list of the many national awards
Morgantown has received in the past 15 years or so.

http://www.morgantownwv.gov/about/awards/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown