Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2023, 04:51 PM

1,664 posts, read 4,363,162 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDak15 View Post
Bigoted and paranoid much?
Glib Lib much?

Some of us can't reconcile that it's 'okay' to expose children to drag shows, or to suggest kids possess the mental capacity to unpack the psychological/biological issues of gender dysphoria to the point that it's 'okay' to get them on puberty blockers, hormone therapies, or gender-altering surgeries.

"Zooey", a biological male, thinks this is fine (as does the Missoula Liberal Hive Mind in the district 'she' represents). This whole trans movement operates on a double standard where 'love and acceptance' are touted while advocating violence and harassment toward those with opposing views (i.e. Riley Gaines as the recent example).

Stating an opinion that supports the idea of keeping youths from being led astray by confused/afflicted people makes me a paranoid bigot?

I appreciate the compliment
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2023, 08:17 PM

10,350 posts, read 13,928,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuffler View Post
Glib Lib much?

Some of us can't reconcile that it's 'okay' to expose children to drag shows, or to suggest kids possess the mental capacity to unpack the psychological/biological issues of gender dysphoria to the point that it's 'okay' to get them on puberty blockers, hormone therapies, or gender-altering surgeries.

"Zooey", a biological male, thinks this is fine (as does the Missoula Liberal Hive Mind in the district 'she' represents). This whole trans movement operates on a double standard where 'love and acceptance' are touted while advocating violence and harassment toward those with opposing views (i.e. Riley Gaines as the recent example).

Stating an opinion that supports the idea of keeping youths from being led astray by confused/afflicted people makes me a paranoid bigot?

I'm not sure I can even come up with a response you'd understand so I guess I'll just bid you adieu

Last edited by NDak15; 04-25-2023 at 08:26 PM..

Old 04-26-2023, 04:01 PM

1,252 posts, read 1,103,672 times
OP - Did we provide you with any of your desperately needed information? Please follow up with more pointed questions and give us an update once you take your trip.

Old 04-29-2023, 05:54 AM

1,706 posts, read 1,147,358 times
Quote:
I never thought of it as live and let live. Personally I knew a lot of VERY nosy people while living there.

I think losers might be everywhere.

I'm just going to come out and say it- when I moved there I had a super creepy neighbor who I would not have trusted to dogsit for us or come over and visit with us....Thankfully I lived with a very large, very mean Italian-American redneck. I made Creepy Neighbor understand if we caught him creeping on the property we'd beat him and chase him into the woods.

The worst in human nature can be found anywhere. This is why people are such big Second Amendment rights advocates in rural areas. A shotgun speaks volumes when threats to "call the police" are met with laughter and disrespect.

& I will also mention law enforcement in Montana is pretty unwilling to get aggressive unless some worst-case scenario is unfolding.

Old 05-18-2023, 09:42 AM

1,664 posts, read 4,363,162 times
Now that we are enveloped in smoke here in the Flathead, it sorts out who can actually 'deal' with fire season, as smoke in the region will permeate the entire State.

After making it through the dreary Winter, we finally got some gorgeous Spring weather - for about 3 weeks.

Now we're swimming in smoke from 87 fires in Alberta, about 1/4 of them are 'out of control' and expected to get worse.

This may set the stage for a really bad year and literally being stuck inside. It's going to impact tourist season as most businesses around here rely on that to survive.

We can accept this in late Summer, like August-September. But to have this $hit in May is a real kick in the nuts.

Living in MT is like being in an abusive relationship ... reinforcing the fact that it's not our long-term plan to stay here.

Just another thing to consider, OP.

Old 05-30-2023, 03:55 PM

4,168 posts, read 2,566,459 times
Quote:
Bigoted and paranoid much?
It isn't being "paranoid" when it is true. And neither is it bigoted. I don't care what they do in their spare time. Just don't push it on the rest of us, or most importantly, the children.

Btw, I was born in Dillon in 1948 so can speak on Montana issues as I am a native.

Old 05-30-2023, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlulu23 View Post
It isn't being "paranoid" when it is true. And neither is it bigoted. I don't care what they do in their spare time. Just don't push it on the rest of us, or most importantly, the children.

Btw, I was born in Dillon in 1948 so can speak on Montana issues as I am a native.
What the hell is being pushed on children? Are they being groomed abd indoctrinated by communists and liberals? Show me a specific quote that supports this that doesn't come from some fringe site either. I'll wait. Also complaining about things not being pushed on you is pretty big talk coming from quite a few conservatives I've met. Politics are brought up all the damn time.

Last edited by NDak15; 05-30-2023 at 04:26 PM..

Old 05-30-2023, 04:11 PM

4,168 posts, read 2,566,459 times
Quote:
What the hell is being pushed on children? Show me a specific quote that supports this that doesn't come from some fringe site either. I'll wait. Also complaining about things not being pushed on you is pretty big talk coming from quite a few conservatives I've met. Politics are brought up all the damn time.
Oh, you are back are you. You couldn't put forth a logical argument with the other conservative poster, and said goodbye. Not our fault you don't read scientifically accurate articles on the subject, just mainstream media. Try picking your news sources better. Bye now.

Old 05-30-2023, 05:53 PM

19,743 posts, read 22,641,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuffler View Post
Glib Lib much?

No offense but if you check the registry of known abusers it’s pretty much chock full of middle to old age white guys, not drag queens. It’s depressing to read the Helena IR blotter weekly, sadly.

You can check the truth for yourself.

Old 05-30-2023, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlulu23 View Post
Oh, you are back are you. You couldn't put forth a logical argument with the other conservative poster, and said goodbye. Not our fault you don't read scientifically accurate articles on the subject, just mainstream media. Try picking your news sources better. Bye now.
Scientifically accurate? What the ****? What science source are you talking about? Also what media are you listening to or reading?

Last edited by NDak15; 05-30-2023 at 06:12 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana