Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-11-2024, 01:14 PM

64 posts, read 94,866 times

Advertisements

I been accused of it because I am a very shy and private person who likes my privacy.I lived in Greenfield and Lockwood in Dade County.I had a job at Pennington seed Penn Pak 2 that produces birdseed.I had fellow employees accuse me of being better than others .Also some in Lockwood and Greenfield.If I was better I would have had a job doing security work or Call centers .Not some low paying low class seed company.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2024, 09:21 PM

20,862 posts, read 9,518,220 times
Just because a few of your co-workers say that about you does not mean it's some statewide cultural trait.

The birds at my bird feeders thank you for your tireless work helping to keep my bird feeders well stocked!

Old 02-14-2024, 04:09 AM

8,927 posts, read 4,632,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by William S View Post
I been accused of it because I am a very shy and private person who likes my privacy.I lived in Greenfield and Lockwood in Dade County.I had a job at Pennington seed Penn Pak 2 that produces birdseed.I had fellow employees accuse me of being better than others .Also some in Lockwood and Greenfield.If I was better I would have had a job doing security work or Call centers .Not some low paying low class seed company.
Maybe they were hoping you would get up the nerve to go and get a better job.
Maybe they thought you deserve more than you are getting.

Old 03-09-2024, 01:57 PM

16 posts, read 10,395 times
When I relocated to the Midwest (from California), I met and interacted with a significant number of people who were raised in small, unpretentious communities and would occasionally comment on or sneer at my diction in casual conversation because they perceived it as erudite or highfalutin, when in reality, my vernacular simply reflected that of a suburban, upper-middle-class Californian. Unfortunately, I later learned that some of those folks assumed I thought I was “better” than them, when that could not be further from the truth. The Midwestern states are uniformly unpretentious (across all social strata) and, as a result, people tend to avoid doing or saying certain things, so they do not draw unwarranted attention to themselves, whether positive or negative. Any departure from that status quo is often perceived as threatening, and people will act/respond accordingly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
View detailed profiles of: