Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 01:52 AM

17 posts, read 33,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by norman2012 View Post
To follow up on this thread I started -

My wife wound up getting a job on the Oklahoma side of the border about 40 minutes from Noel. On her first day of work she met another teacher that had just moved from Noel. The lady from Noel told her EIGHTEEN different foreign dialects were being spoken at Noel. Keep in mind this is a town of less than 2000.
Wow. Is it because of the poultry plants and such in northern Arkansas and parts of SW MO the reason for that?I hear a lot of those plants are said to have a lot of illegals working in them. I hear people talk about the Tyson plant in SW MO and complaining about possible illegals working there.It wouldn't shock me at all though. Cheap labor.Noel must be a lot different than the early 1960s when the residents of McDonald County wanted to secede from Missouri.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2014, 11:40 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,032,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixieinmo View Post
Wow. Is it because of the poultry plants and such in northern Arkansas and parts of SW MO the reason for that?I hear a lot of those plants are said to have a lot of illegals working in them. I hear people talk about the Tyson plant in SW MO and complaining about possible illegals working there.It wouldn't shock me at all though. Cheap labor.Noel must be a lot different than the early 1960s when the residents of McDonald County wanted to secede from Missouri.

how do you hear these people talk if you never leave your safe haven in South St. Louis County??

Old 01-19-2014, 05:54 PM

36 posts, read 51,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixieinmo View Post
The labor isn't cheap, and Tyson isnt even subsidized for hiring Somalis and other foreign types, or given any type of financial or governmental incentive as far as I know.

Old 10-06-2023, 04:57 PM

99 posts, read 231,803 times
Ample research that the elite-owned mainstream media refuses to convey to the masses thus those masses remain ignorant of that research though the literate, curious cohort will seek it out and be reminded that despite the relentless propaganda and indoctrination to the contrary diversity and multiculturalism is a destroyer of cultures, societies and even entire countries.

Old 10-09-2023, 01:04 PM

5,655 posts, read 3,155,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by norman2012 View Post
Noel *was* a southern city, and Ive carefully considered all your writing before and found I concur with all of it. Some of it sent me researching but you were right.

I live in NE Oklahoma which geographically is more southern than any of Missouri, but because of decades of criminals jumping the borders between Arkansas, Kansas and Missouri and hiding out in Indian Territory my area is overwhelmed with white trash. I dont mean poor, uneducated people like 20 yrs in Branson (but transplanted from Washington State) might mock, but I mean foul mouthed, rude, obnoxious people (no better than alot of yankees). The population gets better the further in the state and down south one goes.

I dont think Kansas impacts NEO at all. I moved here from the Oklahoma panhandle. The town north of the one I lived in was in Kansas.

I would rather live around hard working religious Mexicans and even savage Muslim Africans in Noel than any of those larger cities around yankees / carpetbaggers, but I wouldnt be happy about it. A high Mexican population means the drug trade will follow. African blacks usually keep their crimes to themselves, but as someone whos resided in two African countries, I wouldnt look forward to noel being inhabitable in two generations anyway.

The Oklahoma panhandle is less than 50 miles north to south, and is sandwiched between Texas and Kansas. You can tell within 5 minutes of meeting someone if their people are from Texas or Kansas. Its also overrun with Mexicans, hence my statement I would rather live around mexicans than Yankees.

That place is the most
Just friendly curiosity...where at, in NE Oklahoma? My grandparents were from Miami, OK. My grandma was born in Blue Jacket.

My GGGrandfather was one of the founders (with his brother) of Southwest City, MO.

Old 10-10-2023, 04:26 PM

17,803 posts, read 13,698,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
Just friendly curiosity...where at, in NE Oklahoma? My grandparents were from Miami, OK. My grandma was born in Blue Jacket.

My GGGrandfather was one of the founders (with his brother) of Southwest City, MO.
That poster hasn't been here. Maybe he still lurks. But the only town that is right "north in Kansas" is Baxter Springs. And the only Oklahoma towns "south" of Baxter are Miami, Commerce, and Quapaw now that Picher is abandoned.

I got a kick out of what he said about the panhandle. It's true. It's true, you can tell in five minutes who is from Kansas and who is from Texas. But give me the Kansan every time. LOL.

Old 10-10-2023, 08:17 PM

5,655 posts, read 3,155,940 times
Thanks Eddie! :-)

Old 10-12-2023, 10:19 PM

87 posts, read 139,304 times
What are people's plans for when Tyson closes the factory permanently in a few days?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri