Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Missoula
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2017, 10:00 AM

1,082 posts, read 832,724 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctr88 View Post
Where are you headed next after Missoula?
Portland and the San Fran....

Old 09-23-2017, 12:12 AM

2,173 posts, read 4,406,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBslider001 View Post
Portland and the San Fran....
Better have deep pockets for rent if you move to one of those.

Old 09-30-2017, 07:34 PM

246 posts, read 349,501 times
Quote:
Better have deep pockets for rent if you move to one of those.

Can't be much worse than Kalispell or Bozeman............

Old 09-30-2017, 11:55 PM

4,600 posts, read 2,990,451 times
Default he might want to try...

Quote:
Where are you headed next after Missoula?
Casper Wyo... there's no 4-year college there.

Old 12-23-2017, 03:20 AM

10 posts, read 23,490 times
BB- I have lived all over the country, and have visited Missoula a few times a year for almost 30 years, and now live in Hot Springs in the summer. Missoula's changed a bit over time, but I've always found the people there to be friendly, interesting and outgoing. If you go in with an attitude, why would anyone want to be friendly toward you? Try being happy and friendly yourself. Sad that you seem to have something against educated people in that you specifically looked for a place to live that doesn't have a college. Don't understand that, but you should be happy in Casper - 75% of the people there voted for Trump. Don't think you have to worry about educated people.

Old 12-23-2017, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvgranny View Post
BB- I have lived all over the country, and have visited Missoula a few times a year for almost 30 years, and now live in Hot Springs in the summer. Missoula's changed a bit over time, but I've always found the people there to be friendly, interesting and outgoing. If you go in with an attitude, why would anyone want to be friendly toward you? Try being happy and friendly yourself. Sad that you seem to have something against educated people in that you specifically looked for a place to live that doesn't have a college. Don't understand that, but you should be happy in Casper - 75% of the people there voted for Trump. Don't think you have to worry about educated people.
Sigh... Why didn't I think of that? Did you ever think that attitude might be e result of a response to a bad situation and not a precursor? Good grief why do people not see this? It ain't all unicorns everywhere. If you liked, great!! Enjoy it. Where did you get that I went to Casper? Thanks for the input though. I did what most people would applaud and changed my circumstances....hence the leaving...happy trails.

Old 12-23-2017, 08:47 AM

75 posts, read 196,873 times
I spent 2 nights in Missoula this fall during our relocation tour. I was not impressed. Coming from a very liberal enclave in Maine and seeing first hand the issues caused by liberal/conservative infighting the city was troubling. I recall having breakfast on the way out downtown near where the farmers market was, right next to the peace/action place. I was disgusted by this couple dropping names like Santa Monica, Santa Barbara, and how thier daughter would only marry some guy if he opened up a non-profit for rescuing animals. It was shallower than Bonneville Flats in July. I'm neither conservative nor liberal although accused of being both....I am authentic and hate frauds to my core.

Old 12-23-2017, 10:30 AM

9,885 posts, read 10,969,651 times
Even way back in the 1950's Missoula was considered by many in the Flathead Valley and points East to be a great place to visit (Southgate Mall) for a weekend get-away, but not a place to live.
Billings, however, was considered to be an "overgrown cowtown with delusions of grandeur".
That appellation still kinda fits. But, we like it here.
We grew up in the Flathead Valley. No way would we EVER move back there! It has changed greatly, and not all the changes are necessarily for the better.

Old 12-23-2017, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
Even way back in the 1950's Missoula was considered by many in the Flathead Valley and points East to be a great place to visit (Southgate Mall) for a weekend get-away, but not a place to live.
Billings, however, was considered to be an "overgrown cowtown with delusions of grandeur".
That appellation still kinda fits. But, we like it here.
We grew up in the Flathead Valley. No way would we EVER move back there! It has changed greatly, and not all the changes are necessarily for the better.
We liked Billings when we drove through on or way out. It seemed way more our speed and like it was a little more what we had been looking for when we went to the Bitterroot. We just had no idea Missoula was like it was. Lesson learned. We actually went in with a good attitude and positive expectations. We found out pretty quick what the deal was.

Old 12-29-2017, 09:24 AM

10,350 posts, read 13,928,406 times
It's been interesting reading some responses on here. The anti intellectual attitude so prevalent out west is really showing through on here. College=liberals=terrible people. I didn't like Missoula because of both extremist conservatives and extremists liberals living side by side. A whole lot of crying, whining, bitching, and moaning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Missoula