Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Missoula
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2017, 09:39 PM

8,492 posts, read 8,774,574 times

Advertisements

Highs of 55-65 typically occur in late April, May and early October. The highs in afternoon. Won't be there til mid to late morning except in July & August . The nightly low does not ever average that. It will happened but not on average for a month.

If you want lots of 55-65 highs year round you need to stay in northern California near the coast because nowhere else in US is like that. That range from 4-6 months in places but not year round.

There is plenty to read about winter in the area via browsing threads, this one & others.

Last edited by NW Crow; 07-12-2017 at 09:53 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2017, 11:15 PM

5,583 posts, read 5,005,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Crow View Post
Highs of 55-65 typically occur in late April, May and early October. The highs in afternoon. Won't be there til mid to late morning except in July & August . The nightly low does not ever average that. It will happened but not on average for a month.

If you want lots of 55-65 highs year round you need to stay in northern California near the coast because nowhere else in US is like that. That range from 4-6 months in places but not year round.

There is plenty to read about winter in the area via browsing threads, this one & others.
No way am I staying here in CA even though born and raised here.

I'm getting out of this cesspool commiefornicate the State of Chaos

Old 07-13-2017, 06:46 AM

8,492 posts, read 8,774,574 times
Then expect / accept a different climate. Colder, hotter or both. Coastal Oregon (Brookings or Astoria) or Washington (Bellingham or Olympia?) will be next closest to what you know / like weather-wise. Maybe coastal Maine and Rhode Island are somewhat close on east coast.

Last edited by NW Crow; 07-13-2017 at 07:01 AM..

Old 07-13-2017, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NW Crow View Post
Then expect / accept a different climate. Colder, hotter or both. Coastal Oregon (Brookings or Astoria) or Washington (Bellingham or Olympia?) will be next closest to what you know / like weather-wise. Maybe coastal Maine and Rhode Island are somewhat close on east coast.
That is what I am going to have to do. Adapt to new weather conditions because it is that BAD here.

Old 07-14-2017, 08:35 PM

2,619 posts, read 2,333,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowhereman427 View Post
Fox body Mustang GT and a Corvette?
No ****ing way on either of those.

Any FWD is fine though. I managed winter trips across the state in a Celica with no issues. Sometimes with just all season tires.

I drove a 2005 Mustang, just the V6 for one winter. I should have died numerous times. And that's even with bags in the trunk for weight. It was way worse than I thought and I'm a native Montanan.

Old 07-14-2017, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog_5 View Post
No ****ing way on either of those.

Any FWD is fine though. I managed winter trips across the state in a Celica with no issues. Sometimes with just all season tires.

I drove a 2005 Mustang, just the V6 for one winter. I should have died numerous times. And that's even with bags in the trunk for weight. It was way worse than I thought and I'm a native Montanan.
With only 225 horses at 3,200 rpms the FOX can get you killed easily.

For the 30 years I have owned one, 360's and fishtailing is always a possibility even on dry roads.
Depends on behavior of driver too.

The newer Mustangs are safer even though they did keep that same solid live rear axle suspension but have a slighty longer wheelbase.

Brand new one has IRS.

Maybe an Dodge Challenger AWD? or Jeep Cherokee AWD with SRT engine????

Old 07-15-2017, 08:16 AM

Quote:
With only 225 horses at 3,200 rpms the FOX can get you killed easily.

For the 30 years I have owned one, 360's and fishtailing is always a possibility even on dry roads.
Depends on behavior of driver too.

The newer Mustangs are safer even though they did keep that same solid live rear axle suspension but have a slighty longer wheelbase.

Brand new one has IRS.

Maybe an Dodge Challenger AWD? or Jeep Cherokee AWD with SRT engine????
I know that bolded part well too. I own a modified 2005 Mustang GT now. Here in AZ, the roads are always good though.

You'd be totally fine with either of the last two you listed. Seriously, anything that isn't RWD and just drive cautiously. Some people were always amazed I drove that small Celica up and over the passes during not ideal traveling weather. Was it the best choice of car? No, but I was in college with little money and had no choice. Drive with a brain and winter driving shouldn't be a problem.

Are you planning on moving?

Old 07-16-2017, 01:04 PM

Quote:
I know that bolded part well too. I own a modified 2005 Mustang GT now. Here in AZ, the roads are always good though.

You'd be totally fine with either of the last two you listed. Seriously, anything that isn't RWD and just drive cautiously. Some people were always amazed I drove that small Celica up and over the passes during not ideal traveling weather. Was it the best choice of car? No, but I was in college with little money and had no choice. Drive with a brain and winter driving shouldn't be a problem.

Are you planning on moving?
YOU CAN BET MY GRANT DEED THAT I AM LEAVING COMMIEFORNICATE I WAS BORN AND RAISED HERE.
I HAVE SEEN THE CHANGES AND WATCH IT GO DOWNHILL FOR OVER THE LAST 56 YEARS. IT WILL NOT GET BETTER.

MY 1988 5.0 MUSTANG GT IS A 5 SPD. MANUAL WITH 3.55 REAR END
MY 2005 CORVETTE IS A 4 SPD. AUTO WITH 3.15 REAR END AND DRIVES LIKE A CADILLAC WITH MAGNETIC RIDE SUSPENSION F-55 OPTON. THE CORVETTE AS EQUIPPED IS SO MUCH SAFER AND COMFORTABLE THAN THE OLD FOX BODY MUSTANG I HAVE OWNED SINCE 1987
I OWNED THE CORVETTE SINCE 2004.

I HATE TO GIVE UP MY PERSONAL PREFERENCE FOR THE TYPES OF VEHICLES I PREFER MAINLY CORVETTES, TRANS-AM, MUSTANG V8'S AND DODGE CHALLENGERS BUT IT HAS GOT TO BE THAT BAD LIVING IN THIS CESSPOOL OF COMMIEFORNICATE. ANYONE THAT COMES FROM HERE KNOWS THIS.
SACRIFICE: I HATE TO DO THAT.

ALSO I WOULD BE WILLING TO MAYBE JUST MAYBE GO UP TO A SUV BUT THOSE COST ALOT MORE WITH THE ENGINE V8 THAT I WANT IN IT. SUVS SITS HIGHER WHICH IS GREAT FOR A CHANGE AND I CAN CARRY ALOT MORE STUFF AND IT IS ALOT ROOMIER INSIDE WITH AWD SUSPENSION FOR SNOW BUT REALLY V8 SUV'S DO COST MORE THAN ANY OF THE SIMILIAR EQUIPPED ENGINES OF CARS I HAVE A PREFERENCE FOR. THE JEEP AND DODGE VEHICLES ALL SHARE THE SAME LINE OF ENGINES BETWEEN CARS AND SUV'S.
( I ALREADY KNOW CONSUMER REPORTS KNOCKS DODGE AND JEEP IN RELIABILITY)
AS WELL AS THE CORVETTE BUT THE CORVETTE HAS BEEN THE MOST RELIABLE CAR I HAVE EVER OWNED.

JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE SRT COST ALOT MORE THAN A CHALLENGER SRT. (392 ENGINE = SRT) THE HELLCAT GRAND CHEROKEE (392 SUPERCHARGED ENGINE) WILL BE OVER 85,000 AND I THINK T GRAND CHEROKEE SRT STARTS AT $85,000+. THESE ARE BRAND NEW PRICES. I WILL NOT BUY USED VEHICLE ESPECIALLY THESE KINDS OF VEHICLES AS I HAVE LEARNED FROM THIS IN THE PAST BUYING A USED VEHICLE IS BUYING SOMEONE ELSES PROBLEMS WHICH I DON'T NEED.

ANY OF THE OTHER DODGE CHALLENGERS UP TO THE HELLCAT ENGINE WILL COST LESS THAN THE SUV COUNTERPARTS WITH SAME ENGINE AS EQUIPPED AS PEVIOSULY MENTIONED.

SORRY TO THOSE THAT ALL CAPS BOTHER YOU, (I HAD TO TYPE ALL IN CAPS IN ORDER TO SEE AS MY EYESIGHT IS BLURRY TODAY).

Old 07-21-2017, 09:13 PM

Quote:
YOU CAN BET MY GRANT DEED THAT I AM LEAVING COMMIEFORNICATE I WAS BORN AND RAISED HERE.
I HAVE SEEN THE CHANGES AND WATCH IT GO DOWNHILL FOR OVER THE LAST 56 YEARS. IT WILL NOT GET BETTER.

MY 1988 5.0 MUSTANG GT IS A 5 SPD. MANUAL WITH 3.55 REAR END
MY 2005 CORVETTE IS A 4 SPD. AUTO WITH 3.15 REAR END AND DRIVES LIKE A CADILLAC WITH MAGNETIC RIDE SUSPENSION F-55 OPTON. THE CORVETTE AS EQUIPPED IS SO MUCH SAFER AND COMFORTABLE THAN THE OLD FOX BODY MUSTANG I HAVE OWNED SINCE 1987
I OWNED THE CORVETTE SINCE 2004.

I HATE TO GIVE UP MY PERSONAL PREFERENCE FOR THE TYPES OF VEHICLES I PREFER MAINLY CORVETTES, TRANS-AM, MUSTANG V8'S AND DODGE CHALLENGERS BUT IT HAS GOT TO BE THAT BAD LIVING IN THIS CESSPOOL OF COMMIEFORNICATE. ANYONE THAT COMES FROM HERE KNOWS THIS.
SACRIFICE: I HATE TO DO THAT.

ALSO I WOULD BE WILLING TO MAYBE JUST MAYBE GO UP TO A SUV BUT THOSE COST ALOT MORE WITH THE ENGINE V8 THAT I WANT IN IT. SUVS SITS HIGHER WHICH IS GREAT FOR A CHANGE AND I CAN CARRY ALOT MORE STUFF AND IT IS ALOT ROOMIER INSIDE WITH AWD SUSPENSION FOR SNOW BUT REALLY V8 SUV'S DO COST MORE THAN ANY OF THE SIMILIAR EQUIPPED ENGINES OF CARS I HAVE A PREFERENCE FOR. THE JEEP AND DODGE VEHICLES ALL SHARE THE SAME LINE OF ENGINES BETWEEN CARS AND SUV'S.
( I ALREADY KNOW CONSUMER REPORTS KNOCKS DODGE AND JEEP IN RELIABILITY)
AS WELL AS THE CORVETTE BUT THE CORVETTE HAS BEEN THE MOST RELIABLE CAR I HAVE EVER OWNED.

JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE SRT COST ALOT MORE THAN A CHALLENGER SRT. (392 ENGINE = SRT) THE HELLCAT GRAND CHEROKEE (392 SUPERCHARGED ENGINE) WILL BE OVER 85,000 AND I THINK T GRAND CHEROKEE SRT STARTS AT $85,000+. THESE ARE BRAND NEW PRICES. I WILL NOT BUY USED VEHICLE ESPECIALLY THESE KINDS OF VEHICLES AS I HAVE LEARNED FROM THIS IN THE PAST BUYING A USED VEHICLE IS BUYING SOMEONE ELSES PROBLEMS WHICH I DON'T NEED.

ANY OF THE OTHER DODGE CHALLENGERS UP TO THE HELLCAT ENGINE WILL COST LESS THAN THE SUV COUNTERPARTS WITH SAME ENGINE AS EQUIPPED AS PEVIOSULY MENTIONED.

SORRY TO THOSE THAT ALL CAPS BOTHER YOU, (I HAD TO TYPE ALL IN CAPS IN ORDER TO SEE AS MY EYESIGHT IS BLURRY TODAY).

And that's why I chose the desert here after growing up in Montana and living there into my mid 20's.

Daily driving my GT Mustang with 4:10 gears year round.

Old 07-21-2017, 11:32 PM

Quote:
And that's why I chose the desert here after growing up in Montana and living there into my mid 20's.

Daily driving my GT Mustang with 4:10 gears year round.
Montana?
There should be plenty of open space there to drive. Just stay away from major cities.
I would never move to the desert as it goes against my grain. I am always hot so I prefer cooler weather.
So you have low end gears for stop light driving
Great for 0-60 runs and I love that big block torque 454 ci or 392 Hemi that pins you to the seat but I don't drive like that much anymore.
I would rather cruise on an open road without having to worry about someone always tailgating me or having to always stop because of the driver in front of me. Drives me nutso and bonkers.
Wherever I move to I don't want to have to deal with stop n go traffic or traffic lights or signals. I get too much of that here in subdivision property and since everyone is moving here like there is some kind of gold rush going on.
Just need to get away from traffic and pedestrian congestion. Stop n go driving is horrible on a car. I would rather not have to deal with expense of wearing out my car and having to worry about the actions of others like here in the San Francisco Bay area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana > Missoula