Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2015, 11:43 PM

3 posts, read 9,527 times

Advertisements

I just started a facebook for people who feel the same as I. If you or your family were hurt by this rotten program, please come to https://www.facebook.com/GoldenValleyVictims/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2015, 04:28 AM

24 posts, read 114,672 times
Thank you Dana, I hope people are able to reach out and connect. This thread has been up a LONG time and there are so few people who responded. Maybe FB is a better alternative. I will be in touch soon.
Sammy

Old 06-19-2015, 04:39 AM

24 posts, read 114,672 times
I can't find the group on Facebook, but don't know what I'm doing wrong?

Old 06-19-2015, 11:32 AM

371 posts, read 555,715 times
It appears that the group is called Survivors of MN Golden Valley Mental Health in the 70's and 80's

Old 06-24-2015, 03:35 AM

3 posts, read 9,527 times
Ack, when nobody replied, I took it down! Sorry, I'm prone to depression and I tend to assume the worst. I'll re-do it tomrrow.

apologies.

Old 07-04-2015, 04:33 AM

4 posts, read 6,103 times
Default Searching for 1980s Golden Valley MN Psychiatric Patients

I just bought a 1961 M5 Diesel in good shape. I am looking to acquire a front end loader for it. Anybody know what fits and where I can find one?

Old 09-24-2015, 06:08 PM

10 posts, read 27,552 times
Default golden valley treatment center

hello I unforunatly was in this excuse me but ****ing **** hole place they called a treatment center!! omg ive always wondered what happened to my friends there. lucky for me the first time I begged and begged my parents let me come home. but we all remember dr corman!! he was in total control of everytrhing. if you left or if you stayed, in most cases we all stayed. me just few months the first time. I would cry to my parent every night. but ya if you got upset they would sadate you or call a rpr where like 30 people would come and roll you up in the matt and drag you to the quiet room. what was that room 6x6? maybe by 8? igot to go home, that was 1982 I was 14 three years later my parents brought me there again. all I was doing was smoking pot at the time?? this place was like a crazy ward. but funny thing we were all normal kids,. I remember the meds they put me on I thought I was gonna go nuts!!! the first week was sooo terrible on these meds.. after that who know what they gave us all I know is we were forced to take meds if we didn't! at 17 I was brought there again in like nov 1985 I stayed there until may 1st 1986 and only reason I got out my 18 birthday was may 6. I honestly believe if my parent did let me come home the first time I would ben in there for years. my best friend there she had red hair her, ill come right out and say my name . my name is scott west. I had lots friends there, kids from new York,ohio,Chicago,Washington,California, I was from minn and still am. ive gone on to have issues my whole life also. nightmares about being locked up in a hospital, ive been in drug treatment 7 times total. I suffer from deep deep derpression and suicide thought always.i would love to talk with anyone who went there . hope ya all made it in life

Old 09-24-2015, 06:19 PM

whats really bull**** there is not one thing about this hospital on the internet??? reakll?? from what I heard is the goverment or state shut the hospital down due to tax fraud and holding kids there for years for no reason. but come on you can find anything on internet but nothing about this hopspital

Old 09-24-2015, 07:25 PM

701 posts, read 1,708,119 times
I have no connection, but read this thread while on hold with an airline and did some searching...

The Lost Children of Wilder: The Epic Struggle to Change Foster Care
By Nina Bernstein

https://books.google.com/books?id=D3...201980&f=false

Old 09-26-2015, 05:54 AM

Unhappy kids of golden vally hospital

Hello my name is scott i was very unfortunate to end there twice as a kid. I would like to tell my story of that place which i will do very soon here. Every so often throught trhe years i would look up internet just to try to find something out about this place. I i lived and still live within 20-25 miles of where that place was. Its nice to see somone here from that place , i would probabaly cry if i found one my freinds i spent time in there with. Not a good placewhat so ever. I will tell what i remembered of place just at anotrher time. Hope you all are well!!! Its been a lomg long journey for this guy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul