Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 01:03 PM

181 posts, read 687,835 times

Advertisements

People should NOT have easy access to other people's pertinent information. This is a major travesty and totally immoral.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2010, 09:42 PM

11 posts, read 56,311 times
As it currently exists, CCAP is doing a lot of harm to innocent people. I know one of those people very well (it is not me).

Once someone is found not guilty then I believe that their right to privacy (which is a constitutional right) should outweigh the public's right to have such easy access to court records. It's that simple.

If anyone would like to challenge me on this, I'm confident that I can calmly and adequately rebut any concerns.

Old 03-15-2010, 07:56 AM

711 posts, read 1,691,017 times
Open records to court information is important. CCAP is not a background check tool, it is a court record information tool. The purpose is to give everyone access to the goings on of the courts.

Hasn't this horse been beaten enough?

Old 03-15-2010, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse276 View Post
Open records to court information is important. CCAP is not a background check tool, it is a court record information tool. The purpose is to give everyone access to the goings on of the courts.

Hasn't this horse been beaten enough?
LOL, it's not a background tool?! Duh, think again...........By the way, why do you keep beating it!?

Old 03-15-2010, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benice66 View Post
LOL, it's not a background tool?! Duh, think again...........By the way, why do you keep beating it!?
That's a good question, why do you keep beating it? Why the sock puppets, why the need to put other people down, and why the constant fixation on getting the last word in?

I think your actions are doing your cause more harm than good, but that's constructive criticism. That's probably pointless to say though, because in my experience here on city-data, constructive criticism and ccap have no place in the same thread.

Old 03-20-2010, 12:29 PM

3 posts, read 6,701 times
CCAP is a great, free, and publicly accessible source of information. One should not, however, rely solely on CCAP. It should be viewed with an open mind and used as ONE of MANY sources of information ... not solely. It has limited data, non-specific data (inability to actually read motions, briefs, statements, testimony, etc.), and unfortunately there are typos/mistakes with the input of data on the CCAP site ... and updates and corrections are sometimes slow to non-existent in some cases.

FOR EXAMPLE: Hypothetically speaking ... let's say a search of a name resulted in finding a case whereby that person was named as a defendant in a case where that person was being sued by Company/Person(s) "X" - and the defendant's plea of no contest/guilty/not guilty ... and the court's final findings and sentencing. The "FACTS" of the cases found on CCAP are simply a paper trail of a legal proceeding's dates and of documents filed, whether the case is open/closed, dollar amount owed for proceedings (court costs, if small claims - judgment dollar figure, whether the judgment was satisfied/paid or not, etc., etc.). Depending upon the case and input of data on the CCAP site, one might find lists of the various legal documents (motions, briefs, et al) and their filing dates whereby other cases list such minor content that NO documents are listed ... not even an address or specific charge, either. ALSO, one canNOT read those Motions, Briefs, etc., that are listed, just the date they were filed. Basically, the CCAP site lists charges filed (but not always), the legal documentation filed (but not always), and dates thereof (but not always). Too much 'assumption' is based on this 'information'.

The bottom line is that anyone accessing the public CCAP system will see a timeline of events in terms of legal documentation filings ... and (sometimes) the results thereof. What one does NOT see is all the who/what/when/where/why/how's that particular case came to be and what exactly brought about the outcome(s) listed (judgment, incarceration, fines, etc.). One must take into consideration the possibility that the defendant may be innocent of said charges. In the same regard, one must also consider the fact that the individual may be guilty of a more serious charge/crime ... but mitigating circumstances that are unknown to the CCAP's viewer either lessened the severity of the charge or dropped the charge(s) altogether!

I have seen individuals wrongfully accused and punished for something they did not do. I have seen individuals who were guilty but cleared of all charges due to 'technicalities' ... and everything in between. I have seen 'judgments' listed as unsatisfied for over a decade when, in fact, they were satisfied a decade prior ... just never made it to the CCAP site. Unfortunately, it took those individuals several more years to get CCAP to correct their site. (This last example is a prime example of a person who was innocent, and the officiating authority would not allow the defendant's evidence of proof of innocence. Defendant was unfairly saddled with a judgment of money payable to the plaintiff, paid said judgment within a few months, but it took almost 5 years - once found - to get CCAP to correct the satisfaction from NO to YES.)

What I am trying to state, via ways of different scenarios, is that although CCAP is a free, useful tool to BEGIN one's research of an individual/company ... please do not rely SOLELY on CCAP. Use it as ONE of MANY resources. You wouldn't (or shouldn't) take one doctor's diagnosis of a life-altering or even fatal disease and go home waiting to die ... would you? How many rumors have you heard and/or possibly even helped spread ... to find out later that it was false!

CCAP is a very useful tool! ONE tool. It is not without fault ... and one doesn't know all the circumstances that involve each reported case. Not all cases are reported. Not all reported cases are correct. If you find absolutely nothing on CCAP regarding an individual or company ... that doesn't mean that there isn't a very long record of them in other states!

Please act responsibly ... research, research, research ... educate yourself ... one source does not give you all the details. If you honestly believe that you only have one minute left while watching an 'infomercial' for a low grade cut gem or they will all be sold out ... and you find yourself reaching for your credit card and phone ... (how does the adage go???) ... I have a great deal on a bridge for you!

Old 03-22-2010, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianaincognito View Post
CCAP is a great, free, and publicly accessible source of information. One should not, however, rely solely on CCAP. It should be viewed with an open mind and used as ONE of MANY sources of information ... not solely. It has limited data, non-specific data (inability to actually read motions, briefs, statements, testimony, etc.), and unfortunately there are typos/mistakes with the input of data on the CCAP site ... and updates and corrections are sometimes slow to non-existent in some cases.

FOR EXAMPLE: Hypothetically speaking ... let's say a search of a name resulted in finding a case whereby that person was named as a defendant in a case where that person was being sued by Company/Person(s) "X" - and the defendant's plea of no contest/guilty/not guilty ... and the court's final findings and sentencing. The "FACTS" of the cases found on CCAP are simply a paper trail of a legal proceeding's dates and of documents filed, whether the case is open/closed, dollar amount owed for proceedings (court costs, if small claims - judgment dollar figure, whether the judgment was satisfied/paid or not, etc., etc.). Depending upon the case and input of data on the CCAP site, one might find lists of the various legal documents (motions, briefs, et al) and their filing dates whereby other cases list such minor content that NO documents are listed ... not even an address or specific charge, either. ALSO, one canNOT read those Motions, Briefs, etc., that are listed, just the date they were filed. Basically, the CCAP site lists charges filed (but not always), the legal documentation filed (but not always), and dates thereof (but not always). Too much 'assumption' is based on this 'information'.

The bottom line is that anyone accessing the public CCAP system will see a timeline of events in terms of legal documentation filings ... and (sometimes) the results thereof. What one does NOT see is all the who/what/when/where/why/how's that particular case came to be and what exactly brought about the outcome(s) listed (judgment, incarceration, fines, etc.). One must take into consideration the possibility that the defendant may be innocent of said charges. In the same regard, one must also consider the fact that the individual may be guilty of a more serious charge/crime ... but mitigating circumstances that are unknown to the CCAP's viewer either lessened the severity of the charge or dropped the charge(s) altogether!

I have seen individuals wrongfully accused and punished for something they did not do. I have seen individuals who were guilty but cleared of all charges due to 'technicalities' ... and everything in between. I have seen 'judgments' listed as unsatisfied for over a decade when, in fact, they were satisfied a decade prior ... just never made it to the CCAP site. Unfortunately, it took those individuals several more years to get CCAP to correct their site. (This last example is a prime example of a person who was innocent, and the officiating authority would not allow the defendant's evidence of proof of innocence. Defendant was unfairly saddled with a judgment of money payable to the plaintiff, paid said judgment within a few months, but it took almost 5 years - once found - to get CCAP to correct the satisfaction from NO to YES.)

What I am trying to state, via ways of different scenarios, is that although CCAP is a free, useful tool to BEGIN one's research of an individual/company ... please do not rely SOLELY on CCAP. Use it as ONE of MANY resources. You wouldn't (or shouldn't) take one doctor's diagnosis of a life-altering or even fatal disease and go home waiting to die ... would you? How many rumors have you heard and/or possibly even helped spread ... to find out later that it was false!

CCAP is a very useful tool! ONE tool. It is not without fault ... and one doesn't know all the circumstances that involve each reported case. Not all cases are reported. Not all reported cases are correct. If you find absolutely nothing on CCAP regarding an individual or company ... that doesn't mean that there isn't a very long record of them in other states!

Please act responsibly ... research, research, research ... educate yourself ... one source does not give you all the details. If you honestly believe that you only have one minute left while watching an 'infomercial' for a low grade cut gem or they will all be sold out ... and you find yourself reaching for your credit card and phone ... (how does the adage go???) ... I have a great deal on a bridge for you!
CCAP is a travesty. It shows how grudgeful and unforgiving the people of Wisconsin are. I'll add Judgemental and intolerant as well. I'm beginning to think unworldly Wisconsin is a country unto it's own.

Old 03-22-2010, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benice66 View Post
CCAP is a travesty. It shows how grudgeful and unforgiving the people of Wisconsin are. I'll add Judgemental and intolerant as well. I'm beginning to think unworldly Wisconsin is a country unto it's own.
The shark smelled chum in the water... more insults, more of the same.

Old 03-22-2010, 11:27 AM

136 posts, read 424,319 times
I look at it as a tool and I often use it to check on fraud / identity theft and for that use alone I for one Have become very happy that it is there.

Old 03-22-2010, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse276 View Post
The shark smelled chum in the water... more insults, more of the same.
You need to get around, LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Wisconsin > Milwaukee