Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2024, 05:56 PM

230 posts, read 215,448 times

Advertisements

I'm 26 years old. Back in 2020 around August or September I had an episode of intense and chronic stress, panic, and worry. I was constantly in fight or flight mode then all of a sudden it was like my nervous system couldn't take it anymore and it shutdown. I lost my ability to feel emotions. I could no longer laugh, feel adrenaline, feel pleasure, feel anxiety, I lost my appetite, I could no longer feel sexual pleasure or desire, I developed chronic muscle tension, brain fog, memory loss, erectile dysfunction, genital numbness, etc.

I grew up with bad Social Anxiety. I remember what it used to feel like to be nervous and anxious all of the time. However, ever since I had that episode I don't even feel anxiety anymore. I can't say that's a good thing because I've become numb to EVERYTHING. I don't want to feel like an emotionless zombie.

I'm trying to regain my ability to feel emotions again, to feel pleasure again, to feel sexual desire again, etc. Since it's been almost 4 years of dealing with this I worry that I won't go back to my old self. My symptoms all stem from that stressful episode; that episode was caused by Body Dysmorphia and Sexual Insecurity.

I've spent a lot of time going to the Doctor and getting tests done to rule out any physical issues. I've had my Hormones checked, I've had Imaging done, etc. Tests kept coming back normal. I've tried 5 different psych medications to no avail: Wellbutrin, Rexulti, Trintellix, Auvelity, and Geodon.

I've had 2 sessions of Somatic Experiencing Therapy. This Practitioner also does IFS, Psychedelic Therapy, and Sex Therapy. She doesn't do EMDR.

There's another therapist close to me who also does Somatic Experiencing, IFS, and she does EMDR. She doesn't do Sex Therapy or Psychedelic Therapy.

Should I look into trying EMDR or should I stick with my current therapist?

I also will be trying Spravato really soon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health