Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2024, 03:28 AM

13,285 posts, read 8,442,400 times

Advertisements

The physician can assist in aiding on this matter.
There are legal steps as a spouse that you can take if you so choose .
Involuntary committment to a Mental health ward .
Or petition the state if he is that unstable- It allows you to make health decisions for him .

The other process is get a lawyer- start divorce proceedings.

Yes I had a family member endure mental health challenges. Thankfully they persisted in getting the right care physician and counseling to alleviate the extreme mood swings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2024, 08:44 AM

9,847 posts, read 7,712,566 times
My husband divorced his first wife who had BPD after 20 years of marriage. A couple of years later their daughter cut off all contact with her mother because she became the sole target of the irrational attacks. Right now my daughter is dealing with a husband who also has BP episodes and I suspect he is cheating on her as well. Every time he has an episode he'll call me and tell me he wants a divorce and complains about my daughter. Then next time we see them they'll be fine. His episodes caused her to get fired from a great job.

OP, you have the right to have a happy life. My husband is much happier now and we've been married 22 years. We see his ex wife now and then and she is remarried and seems to be doing much better and is reconciled to their daughter after 8 years of estrangement.

Old 02-08-2024, 06:05 PM

6,451 posts, read 3,967,826 times
You can't fix him. You shouldn't try-- it's not your responsibility. Of course you're sad about what you used to have, but you don't have that anymore, and there's no chance of having it again unless he gets treatment... which he refuses to do. It's time to realize this isn't your fault or your issue, and protect yourself and your children. Even you realize that if you stick with him, you're going to get hurt. For what? The sake of nostalgia and what used to be? Which of you will that benefit? (Hint: neither.)

Old 02-12-2024, 08:02 AM

20,926 posts, read 28,397,897 times
I wonder what happened to the other person? No updates
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health