Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2023, 09:05 AM

217 posts, read 148,759 times

Advertisements

The wonders of nature and children are Amazing ! Seeing how the earth is this magnificent bio-machine that remolds and recasts its self over the eons. Looking at deep space images and wonder who/what is looking back at me. The fact is its about 99% little things that make up the greater whole.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2023, 06:32 AM

1,706 posts, read 1,147,358 times
At the end of it all, the simple things in life are the most precious.

Most people who live to 100 mention the "little things" kept them going.

Old 05-06-2023, 11:34 AM

5,010 posts, read 590,697 times
Default Can You Enjoy the Simple Things in Life?

I think I can.

Like when I take the cover off the birdcage and the budgies start chirping their little hearts out.

Their way of saying "Good morning mama."

I can't even describe what joy that brings me.

Old 05-06-2023, 06:25 PM

10,297 posts, read 6,818,131 times
The less things experienced, the larger they become.

Old 08-05-2023, 08:25 AM

12,767 posts, read 14,963,616 times
Great read guys!

Old 08-05-2023, 09:37 AM

10,990 posts, read 6,857,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyLark2019 View Post
At the end of it all, the simple things in life are the most precious.

Most people who live to 100 mention the "little things" kept them going.
This is very true. My father hit 100 last year. He was a distance runner, a track and field athlete, a therapist to help others, a docent at botanical gardens and historic landmarks, an avid reader, a gardener including grafting apples onto trees, procurer of roses, and backpacked in the High Sierras. He still exercises every day and goes on outings in nature with his assisted living facility.

Having parents who were young children during The Great Depression helps one to appreciate the little things. That's something I respect my parents for, even though there were ways they were lacking like most parents. I also think being a Boomer during the 50's where all we did was play outside and walk a mile to stores and parks without fear plays a big part in enjoying the little things. No need for electronics back then. How will the tech generations enjoy the little things?

Old 08-10-2023, 07:16 AM

2,116 posts, read 1,320,732 times
I enjoy reading this thread. I'm with many people who enjoy the simple things in life.

I like quietness, peacefulness. I don't like parties and noise. After working in the office, I like gardening, taking care of my lawn. I love to look at flowers, green grass, blue sky, birds flying and rain also. I like to sew and alternate my clothes to fit me well. I like to fix things around the house. Sometimes, I said to my husband I could do lots of "men's jobs". I know that's old saying. Nowadays, men and women are almost equal. Women are strong mentally and physically about the same as men. Some women are even stronger.

I like to do simple exercise and bicycling to keep me healthy.

I don't like excessive things and crowds. For me, my husband, my children, my home, a few relatives and few friends are good enough. I'm an introvert. I can spend time alone all day and not feeling lonely. I can find good books to read, nice movies to watch, and I like to go on here too. It's fun to read people's posts in many topics. I always feel thankful and grateful for little and simple things.

Old 08-10-2023, 08:04 AM

5,457 posts, read 8,171,711 times
There's a song about that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baNu...el=vickieburns

Old 08-10-2023, 11:23 AM

3,108 posts, read 1,002,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnOrdinaryCitizen View Post
I enjoy reading this thread. I'm with many people who enjoy the simple things in life.

I like quietness, peacefulness. I don't like parties and noise. After working in the office, I like gardening, taking care of my lawn. I love to look at flowers, green grass, blue sky, birds flying and rain also. I like to sew and alternate my clothes to fit me well. I like to fix things around the house. Sometimes, I said to my husband I could do lots of "men's jobs". I know that's old saying. Nowadays, men and women are almost equal. Women are strong mentally and physically about the same as men. Some women are even stronger.

I like to do simple exercise and bicycling to keep me healthy.

I don't like excessive things and crowds. For me, my husband, my children, my home, a few relatives and few friends are good enough. I'm an introvert. I can spend time alone all day and not feeling lonely. I can find good books to read, nice movies to watch, and I like to go on here too. It's fun to read people's posts in many topics. I always feel thankful and grateful for little and simple things.
I agree entirely. I could have written this message myself.

Old 09-18-2023, 03:54 AM

5 posts, read 1,995 times
Yes, I love to read books, and it provides me with the highest amount of peace. Simple things in life provide us with the maximum amount of happiness, joy, relaxation, and pleasure. There is a different amount of peace I get from watching the sunset.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Mental Health