Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2024, 05:19 PM

1,964 posts, read 709,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"no one cares about"

Here we go AGAIN!

O.K., how many have you actually talked with on this subject in order to calm, "no one"?

In order to make that you, you have had to talk with EVERY one.

I know you didn't talk to me, so you claim of "no one" is false.

Too many on here think here just because THEY think 1 way, EVERYBODY automatically agrees with them!
My bad, I mean no one SHOULD care ....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2024, 05:23 PM

9,015 posts, read 4,706,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 366h34d View Post
I would agree, except that the Leftist Main Stream Media, and the weak minded people who watch them, cause us harm, so we have to care.

Old 04-13-2024, 05:47 AM

59,255 posts, read 27,435,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Loud View Post
I think it is automatically assumed now that most media, or nearly all of the large media outlets, are liberal. And have been for a couple of decades. From the front page to the back page, they are all opinions. It can't possibly surprise anyone any longer ...can it?
"I think it is automatically assumed now that most media......"

NOT by many on the left

Old 04-13-2024, 05:49 AM

59,255 posts, read 27,435,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 366h34d View Post
No problem.

And thank you.

I think you might be the 1st do this.

Old 04-13-2024, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"I think it is automatically assumed now that most media......"

NOT by many on the left
I have said repeatedly that most people think the line running through third base is in the center of the field.

A big part of the problem is, what is known as the Overton Window has been sliding to the Left for so long, that what most people think is Far Right, is really center.

Old 04-13-2024, 09:52 AM

3,337 posts, read 1,969,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
Walter Cronkite is long gone.

The era of reading the facts to the public and allowing the citizens to determine their own opinions is long gone. Now the only thing we get is pre-digested opinions.

Anyone with an alternative opinion must be 'Fake', an possibly even a terrorist.
Yes. In the past the rule of broadcast journalism was "say it and get out of the way". Today's journalists think that they are just as, if not more, important than the events they cover and since they are much more educated and informed than their audience they need to explain the real meanings behind the story and provide guidance to all the deplorables out there.

Old 04-13-2024, 09:55 AM

1,210 posts, read 629,248 times
We don't have any journalists that just report the news without an opinion anymore. Every journalist has an agenda. Maybe we had them in the past, I don't know. I think O'Reilly "tries" to be fair.

Victor Davis Hanson of course has his opinions but at least they are intelligent opinions.

The media we have today would never state that what they are talking about is simply their opinion. Welcome to the new world of today.

Old 04-13-2024, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpio60 View Post
We don't have any journalists that just report the news without an opinion anymore. Every journalist has an agenda. Maybe we had them in the past, I don't know. I think O'Reilly "tries" to be fair.
I don't recall O'Reilly ever pretending to be "fair" or "balanced." His desire is to point out what people need to know, to preserve our country (we lost the "nation" in 2012, it is dead).

Quote:
Victor Davis Hanson of course has his opinions but at least they are intelligent opinions.
Victor Davis Hanson is one of the most intelligent people you will ever see on TV.

Quote:
The media we have today would never state that what they are talking about is simply their opinion. Welcome to the new world of today.
Not even opinion: propaganda. The Leftist media (aka MSM) is simply dishonest, except for a few that are delusional. They know what they tell you is propaganda.

The so called "Right Wing" News (not really right wing, but tries) attempts to give facts, surrounded by their opinions. Most of them know they are giving their opinions, but that seems to be what sells.

Most people are not able to understand the facts. What they hear confuses them. When I was in Desert Storm, I had a map of where we were. Guys would come by to see it, but they didn't understand it. I found out later, they didn't know where Saudi Arabia was.

Old 04-13-2024, 03:24 PM

1,210 posts, read 629,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
I don't recall O'Reilly ever pretending to be "fair" or "balanced." His desire is to point out what people need to know, to preserve our country (we lost the "nation" in 2012, it is dead).

Victor Davis Hanson is one of the most intelligent people you will ever see on TV.

Not even opinion: propaganda. The Leftist media (aka MSM) is simply dishonest, except for a few that are delusional. They know what they tell you is propaganda.

The so called "Right Wing" News (not really right wing, but tries) attempts to give facts, surrounded by their opinions. Most of them know they are giving their opinions, but that seems to be what sells.

Most people are not able to understand the facts. What they hear confuses them. When I was in Desert Storm, I had a map of where we were. Guys would come by to see it, but they didn't understand it. I found out later, they didn't know where Saudi Arabia was.
I agree with you 100% and yes, Victor Davis Hanson is one of the most intelligent persons out there these days. I enjoy listening to him. He's not out to brainwash people like most everyone else.

Old 04-13-2024, 08:31 PM

1,889 posts, read 3,117,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
It is my point of view, that NPR is one, among many Leftist propaganda outlets, that consider objective truth to be a violation of the standards of journalism.
There was an article in the Washington Post a year or so ago that delved into this fact. Journalists argued, seriously, that they simply must advocate for "correct" views. Current orthodoxy among universities states that "neutrality is on the side of the oppressors". Far leftist extremists- for example, nearly all university students in the last decade or so- have deemed themselves to be "on the right side of history", whereby ALL others with ANY differing views are necessarily and by definition on the incorrect side of history and thus must be trampled. So, it isn't a hunch, or a "conspiracy theory", that journalists see themselves as activists above all else. It's something they will proudly confirm if asked. Granted, some may still prefer to lie and act as if they're actual journalists. But, it generally won't take long for them to say something that gives the game away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Media