Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 07:04 AM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevergirl67 View Post
That's why I added lenora to my Ignore List long ago
I don't put ANYBODY on ignore.

To each their own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 07:02 PM

5,326 posts, read 6,012,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by familysearcher View Post
<snip>
So, now this is why I would like to hear from others who had a similar experience. Maybe it would help me deal with these memories better. And I strongly believe that if those in charge of juvenile facilities claim no other girl ever had such an experience, they are flat out LIARS!!!
It was fairly obvious to me that this was a personal issue. I suspect others felt the same, but for some "unknown" reason several posters "need" to confirm their suspicions.
I'm sorry that you had a horrible experience in the juvenile facilities. I'm also sorry that you felt the need to disclose the personal details. But Busybodies need to stay busy.

I would not be the least bit surprised to learn that you did, indeed, have a "therapeutic abortion". Things were VERY different back then.

If it happened to you, consent "should" have been provided by your parent(s). Why? Because you were a minor and/or deemed incompetent. Assuming this was pre-Roe, the physicians would also have had to provide a reason that would permit them to legally perform an abortion. My educated guess would be they would have used the threat of harm to the mother's (mental) health as the reason for the abortion. (I lived in a Nursing School dormitory where several students used this reason to obtain abortions from a nearby OB-Gyn. Others simply drove to NY or D.C.).
OTOH, maybe they did perform an abortion without the consent of your parents. I wonder if the records are archived. Although it seems unlikely, the records from Crownsville State Hospital apparently were...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland