Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2024, 05:20 PM

20,098 posts, read 8,998,912 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
That would show that these blue Democrat cities are hypocrites and so they won’t do it, at least not publicly. NYC has tried to quietly ship some migrants elsewhere though.
NYC is doing the same thing they claim is unfair to do to them lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2024, 05:37 PM

20,098 posts, read 8,998,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
NO municipality has unlimited resources to support an unlimited dole.
the state of Texas doesn't either.

Old 01-01-2024, 05:42 PM

34,993 posts, read 16,964,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
the state of Texas doesn't either.
Exactly. This is a transparent effort to turn Texas from reddish-purple to blue. That's what happened to California.

Old 01-01-2024, 09:17 PM

7,024 posts, read 4,887,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
That would show that these blue Democrat cities are hypocrites and so they won’t do it, at least not publicly. NYC has tried to quietly ship some migrants elsewhere though.
I don;t know. Seems to me if maybe if Texas would quit spending money to ship illegals around, they'd have enough money to put up and guard their own wall.

Here's the other thing. Our armed services are having a hell of a time getting in new recruits, while millions of able bodied men cross the border every day. Maybe there's something in that situation that can be mutually advantageous to both parties.

Old 01-02-2024, 04:52 PM

21,881 posts, read 12,936,608 times
Yeah, no; don't think an individual state can "put up its own wall."

Talk about blaming the victim!

Old 01-05-2024, 12:38 AM

7,024 posts, read 4,887,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
Yeah, no; don't think an individual state can "put up its own wall."

Talk about blaming the victim!
Why ever not? Texas is supposed to be the independent and individual state. It's already shipping illegals out of state and I wouldn't think a state could do that either, but there ya go. I mean, Texas is trying to police roads out of the state in case women leave to get abortions elsewhere, so what's the difference in policing the border?

Are you trying to tell us that Texas is the victim here? Yeah, no. Somehow Abbot doesn't exactly look like the the victim. More like the instigator.

Old 01-05-2024, 09:48 PM

16,555 posts, read 10,607,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
Why ever not? Texas is supposed to be the independent and individual state. It's already shipping illegals out of state and I wouldn't think a state could do that either, but there ya go. I mean, Texas is trying to police roads out of the state in case women leave to get abortions elsewhere, so what's the difference in policing the border?

Are you trying to tell us that Texas is the victim here? Yeah, no. Somehow Abbot doesn't exactly look like the the victim. More like the instigator.
Texas has been trying to block illegal entry. As an example, you may recall that they recently tried floating large objects in the Rio Grande to make it hard to swim past them. But no matter what they try, Biden tries to stop them at every turn. Short of open rebellion against the federal government (which, if this were the P&OC forum, I'd give you my opinion about that), what else is Abbott supposed to do?

Old 01-06-2024, 05:44 AM

31,890 posts, read 26,926,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
I don't get it. Why don't the cities of New York, Denver, and Chicago was it?, just give the illegals a good meal and bus them straight back to Texas?
New York City, Denver, Los Angeles, San Francisco and other liberal democrat areas are sanctuary cities. By laws and customs they are "welfare states".

New York State is lone in nation mandated by constitution to "care for the poor". This has been expanded upon by courts (at least in NYC) to include "right to shelter".

Old 01-06-2024, 09:35 AM

34,088 posts, read 82,920,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
Texas has been trying to block illegal entry.
Since when? The last ten years? F 'em.

Old 01-06-2024, 11:28 AM

12,200 posts, read 7,215,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
NYC is doing the same thing they claim is unfair to do to them lol
That’s the Left to a tee. Always. Never changes. Sadly, plenty of fools believe them.

For example, they scream that Trump is a fascist but their Democrats practice more fascism in one day then Trump will ever do in 1000 years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland