Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2024, 06:41 AM

16,338 posts, read 10,469,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
If they were doing that, they need to go back and read my OP again; because it's not "your (their)" state, it was mine too! I'm a native Marylander, born in Silver Spring in 1976.

But I'm likely going to the Seattle area instead, as that's where I feel more at home; and I just got a good job offer there.
Pay no attention to the Maryland haters, they post for their own entertainment I guess because it's never constructive. I'm glad you returned and it sounds like you have already made up your mind. Personally I would never live in Seattle, my dad was in Vancouver, BC and I'm very familiar with the area. The weather alone, I prefer sunshine to cloudy drizzle, on top of the cost of housing and overall living would be a deal breaker for me. But it is a beautiful area for sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2024, 08:48 AM

421 posts, read 124,360 times
Quote:
But I'm likely going to the Seattle area instead, as that's where I feel more at home; and I just got a good job offer there.
That's where I'm from, on the Kitsap Peninsula, not far from the Bangor sub base. Spent the first 34 years of my life there before getting a contracting job that moved me here.

Old 05-08-2024, 01:53 PM

193 posts, read 156,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by H8PJs View Post
I'm retiring in July and moving down to Crisfield on the southern tip of the Eastern shore. A little slower paced life with a short drive to Chincoteague and Assateague, up to St Michaels or even a short hop down though the Cheasapeake Bridge/Tunnel to Virginia Beach if we feel like it. Where we are moving to is cheap, but pretty scenic, with friendly people (been to visit a few times and spend time on their FB page).
Nice! I'm in central Maryland (in between Baltimore and Annapolis), and I love Maryland's Eastern Shore -- I've spent a lot of time kayaking and bicycling over there, and I've toyed with the idea of heading that way when I retire in the next 2-3 years.

Old 05-08-2024, 01:57 PM

30,409 posts, read 52,029,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Pay no attention to the Maryland haters, they post for their own entertainment I guess because it's never constructive. I'm glad you returned and it sounds like you have already made up your mind. Personally I would never live in Seattle, my dad was in Vancouver, BC and I'm very familiar with the area. The weather alone, I prefer sunshine to cloudy drizzle, on top of the cost of housing and overall living would be a deal breaker for me. But it is a beautiful area for sure.
I actually love the gloomy weather, and COL is still lower than where I live now (Santa Cruz area). But this morning I got an email that put a wrench in my decision making; they offered me a $90,000/yr job in Maryland, literally in the same neighborhood where my sister lives. Now what to do???

Old 05-08-2024, 02:33 PM

34,134 posts, read 83,145,272 times
Quote:
Now what to do???
Figure out which of the dog parks in the area you prefer and a home to rent ... somewhere betw the park and the job

Old 05-08-2024, 03:43 PM

30,409 posts, read 52,029,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
Figure out which of the dog parks in the area you prefer and a home to rent ... somewhere betw the park and the job
Haha... now that's an interesting way to decide!

Old Today, 07:02 AM

59,328 posts, read 27,487,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
" they post for their own entertainment"

And you don't!

"I guess because it's never constructive"

And you think all of your posts are!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland