Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Macon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 04:03 PM
JLA

627 posts, read 2,187,826 times

Advertisements

I'll check back later for some laughs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2009, 04:22 PM

2,014 posts, read 5,103,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLA View Post
Now this is laughable, so here it goes. Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, and ha!
......and as nice as I try to be......this is the attitude from Columbus boosters that urks me. I actually gave your town a compliment, and I get this reply? I don't comment much on "proposed development" and things of the sort because quite frankly I dont know that much about it. I'm not that old, and all I have to go by is what I see. I like to drive around and go to different places (especially ones where teens and young adults within my age range frequent)

Dude, I dont care what anybody says. I have been up and down the main roads of these 2 cities all the time. The main roads in Macon ARE busier, there ARE more places for young people to hang out in Macon, AND Columbus' peachtree mall looks to have about as many daily customers as The Galleria in Warner Robins. Macon Mall is never that dead, even in its current poor state. That says alot.

Manchester Expressway and Veterans in Columbus never look as "urban" or heavily as traveled Gray Hwy/Eisenhower Pkwy/Mercer Univ Dr./Riverside Dr/etc. in Macon.

It's pretty dead man.

A good number of college/college aged people who stay in random towns in west central/southwest georgia would even rather "club" in Albany rather than Columbus. Barnesville is almost equal driving distance between Atlanta and Macon and half of those people at Gordon College actually come to Macon to hang out on Sat. That says alot regarding nightlife of both cities.

It's not a fun city for young people, and looks more country than Macon driving around it, what's so funny about that? It's the truth. Besides those things it's cool, just not an exciting place.

Last edited by Southern Soul Bro; 07-10-2009 at 04:50 PM..

Old 07-10-2009, 06:23 PM
JLA

627 posts, read 2,187,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_X View Post
......and as nice as I try to be......this is the attitude from Columbus boosters that urks me. I actually gave your town a compliment, and I get this reply? I don't comment much on "proposed development" and things of the sort because quite frankly I dont know that much about it. I'm not that old, and all I have to go by is what I see. I like to drive around and go to different places (especially ones where teens and young adults within my age range frequent)

Dude, I dont care what anybody says. I have been up and down the main roads of these 2 cities all the time. The main roads in Macon ARE busier, there ARE more places for young people to hang out in Macon, AND Columbus' peachtree mall looks to have about as many daily customers as The Galleria in Warner Robins. Macon Mall is never that dead, even in its current poor state. That says alot.

Manchester Expressway and Veterans in Columbus never look as "urban" or heavily as traveled Gray Hwy/Eisenhower Pkwy/Mercer Univ Dr./Riverside Dr/etc. in Macon.

It's pretty dead man.

A good number of college/college aged people who stay in random towns in west central/southwest georgia would even rather "club" in Albany rather than Columbus. Barnesville is almost equal driving distance between Atlanta and Macon and half of those people at Gordon College actually come to Macon to hang out on Sat. That says alot regarding nightlife of both cities.

It's not a fun city for young people, and looks more country than Macon driving around it, what's so funny about that? It's the truth. Besides those things it's cool, just not an exciting place.
Oh Kay.

Old 07-10-2009, 11:56 PM

38 posts, read 118,842 times
Quote:

It's pretty dead man.

This is true, Columbus sucks.

Old 07-13-2009, 01:09 PM

63 posts, read 143,426 times
Another thing that im sure most people know but some may be not.... In reality Macon, Columbus, Augusta, and Savannah are all really around the same size... Of course Bibb county did loose population but If it wasnt for Consolidation Columbus or Augusta would not have that boost in population carring a mojority if not all of the countys population... It wasnt too long ago Augusta had a 40,000 population and falling...It consolidated and jumped to almost 200,000 residents...Macon truely has a much denser core than Columbus or Augusta but if you want the truth of the matter Savannah has a much denser population than any of those cities and a little more metropolitan....It holds a population of over 100,000 strong with no consolidation need...So really lets be honest... AUGUSTA, MACON, AND COLUMBUS ARE REALLY CREATED EQUAL...BUT MACON HAS MORE POTENTIAL WITH LOCATION AND DOWNTOWN IF IT ONLY GET ITS ACT TOGETHER, im speaking of the people and the way they run government in that area... it pathetic, it has been for years....

Old 07-28-2009, 12:45 PM

63 posts, read 143,426 times
Macon,s suburban area has great potential to grow as well as long as it gets its city core together...

Old 07-28-2009, 01:13 PM

117 posts, read 507,523 times
Quote:

A good number of college/college aged people who stay in random towns in west central/southwest georgia would even rather "club" in Albany rather than Columbus.
And risk being shot and killed in Albany's gang warfare? I think not. I have never heard of anybody from West Central or Southwest GA ever traveling to Albany to 'club' or much less do anything. The majority of people travel to Columbus, because there is a lot more there than in Albany, and its a heck of a lot safer! I know of people who live in Leesburg and Dawson who go to Columbus instead of Albany because of fear of gangs or being mugged.

Last edited by Dart03; 07-28-2009 at 02:19 PM..

Old 07-28-2009, 07:41 PM

53 posts, read 143,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dart03 View Post
And risk being shot and killed in Albany's gang warfare? I think not. I have never heard of anybody from West Central or Southwest GA ever traveling to Albany to 'club' or much less do anything. The majority of people travel to Columbus, because there is a lot more there than in Albany, and its a heck of a lot safer! I know of people who live in Leesburg and Dawson who go to Columbus instead of Albany because of fear of gangs or being mugged.
What a load....lol

Last edited by Waltersplace; 07-28-2009 at 07:54 PM..

Old 07-28-2009, 07:55 PM

1,941 posts, read 9,242,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waltersplace View Post
What a load of BS....lol
while i think they exaggerated a bit, albany has got to be one of the least desirable places to visit at night.

I don't even like going there in the daytime.

I have to go up there every couple of weeks, and after taking care of business, I get out as quickly as possible.

Old 07-28-2009, 08:18 PM

119 posts, read 298,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southgeorgia View Post
while i think they exaggerated a bit, albany has got to be one of the least desirable places to visit at night.

I don't even like going there in the daytime.

I have to go up there every couple of weeks, and after taking care of business, I get out as quickly as possible.
Don't know much about Albany, but I do go there for work sometimes. Lee County seems to be nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Macon