Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2021, 07:29 AM

24,396 posts, read 26,940,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RationalExpectations View Post
I suggest you add 89044 as well. It is adjacent to 89052.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Agreed. Inspirada is an interesting place. Most people either love it or hate it. So take a look and see what your view is. And there are other interesting tracts in the Henderson portion or the county portion.

Thanks, I will check these areas too.

Quote:
Weili Dai and Sehat Sutardja bought a bunch of units @ Loft 5 -- over 200 units. Weili & Sehat are billionaire founders of Marvell Semiconductor. I remember when Marvell went public; they were on the Forbes 40 under 40 -- a list of the 40 wealthiest under the age of 40. Weili's plan was to do interior remodels of them, IIRC. I wonder whatever became of that project.

I've traded MRVL many times haha that's interesting to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatpi View Post
If you are seeking to be a farther distance from difficult neighbors, look at the 1/2 acre homes in 89113. Very nice and a country feel out here, seems like La Quinta.

Thank you, I will look here too, but probably won't be our taste as we like being more in the action of things. I'd definitely be curious to check it out, just to see though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2021, 07:43 AM

Quote:
bmw335xi, are you looking for a house where you & GF & your parents all will live together? I wasn't sure from the way the question is written.

If so, take a look at The Club at Madeira Canyon in 89044. I used to live there before I had a custom home built a few minutes away. The interesting thing about that community (over 700 homes, IIRC) is that it has an interesting mix of active retirees that your parents might enjoy hanging with, and young couples starting families or with young kids that you & your GF might find enjoy hanging out with -- all in one spot. They have a resort-style clubhouse & pool & fitness center, and is guard-gated if that is of interest to you. It is not everyone's cup-of-tea, of course, but worth a look on the web at least.

Here's one example: https://www.zillow.com/homes/2721-Ki...72232837_zpid/

It is 5 bd, 6 ba, 4708 sf, and the asking price is 899,900. Anyway, that's the neighborhood.

Of course, your best bet is to consult with a knowledgeable real estate agent.

We will each be buying our own separate property. Yeah we do like master planned communities. Money seems to go a lot further there compared to Summerlin. I'll take a look right now in that area. Thanks!

Old 02-05-2021, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnoliablossom View Post
If you're going to Stonebridge, which is where Bristle Vale is located, take a look at Scot's Pine. I was there in summer 2019 and those were nice homes around 800K. All single story. Surely prices have risen, but I don't know by how much. There is also a Toll Brothers community in Stonebridge. I'd avoid KB (unless their reputation has improved dramatically). It's a beautiful area.

Thank you! Will do and yes I've heard similar stories about KB homes as well.

Old 02-05-2021, 09:14 AM

223 posts, read 156,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Thank you! Will do and yes I've heard similar stories about KB homes as well.
Scots Pine will come in at 1.1 mil, if there are any lots left. I think it’s nearly sold out.

Old 02-05-2021, 11:10 AM

1,086 posts, read 745,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Would you say to expect 15% above the model price for upgrades if I did go the new build route? I will also look at existing homes too, but I'm not really seeing many that appeal to me in the Summerlin area, but maybe in person will be different. Thanks
I think the builder salespeople tell you that you'll spend 15% on upgrades... which means 20-25%. PLUS backyard. By the time you put in a pool ($100k), cement, etc... you'll be at $150k in the backyard if there is much of any land to fill. This is why we ended up going for a re-sale home. Just more bang for your buck. However, there is something nice about everything being new and nice! Good luck to you!

Old 02-05-2021, 11:17 AM

223 posts, read 156,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longviewJoe View Post
I think the builder salespeople tell you that you'll spend 15% on upgrades... which means 20-25%. PLUS backyard. By the time you put in a pool ($100k), cement, etc... you'll be at $150k in the backyard if there is much of any land to fill. This is why we ended up going for a re-sale home. Just more bang for your buck. However, there is something nice about everything being new and nice! Good luck to you!
Joe is pretty spot on. If your willing to delay some things (backsplash, flooring in certain areas, tile choice) you can keep it at 15%. It adds up quick and I don’t think many builders are offering any design incentives right now since it’s a sellers market.

The backyard will be expensive. There is such a boom right now with people buying new houses and renovating their existing backyards, the prices have gone up quite a bit with material and labor. If your lucky to get a designer/contractor lined up within 6 months that would be really fast.

Old 02-05-2021, 01:33 PM

1,624 posts, read 1,706,945 times
I've had three custom/semi-custom homes built for me. Sky's the limit, lol.

You want to be careful to not do upgrades from the builder you can do after closing, but then those things aren't in the mortgage (if that's an issue). Here's a list I put together when I sold a house. Upgrades are from the builder, add-on's are after closing. Things that are expensive are landscaping, pool, window treatment, lighting fixtures, plumbing fixtures, and appliances.

Over $245,000 In Upgrades & Add-On’s.

• Custom Saltwater Pool with Outoddor Kitchen (grill, sink, fridge).
• Level 7 Gourmet Kitchen Cabinet Package, Quartz Countertops, Grohe Faucet & Glass Backsplash.
• GE Stainless Appliances Including Induction Cooktop, Double Oven, Vented Hood, Café Fridge.
• Exquisite Custom Drapery by Calico Corners & Motorized Roller Blinds By The Shade Store.
• Custom Master & Foyer Closets By Inspired Closets. Solid Core Master Closet Pocket Doors.
• 12x24 Bedrosians Runway Tile Flooring.
• Energy Efficient LED Lighting Throughout, Plus Custom Light Fixtures by Modern Forms, Hubbardton Forge and Casablanca Stealth Fans.
• Custom Built-In Office Desk and Cabinets.
• Upgraded Laundry Package With Sink, Cabinets, Washer/Dryer, Built in Custom Wine Storage Bins.

I do custom Home Theater Audio/Video and Whole House Audio Design. You want to pre-wire for all of that and make sure you get adequate electrical service, lighting fixture and power receptacle locations in the design plans.

Last edited by movin1; 02-05-2021 at 02:48 PM..

Old 02-05-2021, 07:26 PM

222 posts, read 385,163 times
Quote:
Here's one example: https://www.zillow.com/homes/2721-Ki...72232837_zpid/

It is 5 bd, 6 ba, 4708 sf, and the asking price is 899,900. Anyway, that's the neighborhood.
5000sqft on an 8000sqft lot. No thanks.

Old 02-06-2021, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom Cobb View Post
Scots Pine will come in at 1.1 mil, if there are any lots left. I think it’s nearly sold out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom Cobb View Post
Joe is pretty spot on. If your willing to delay some things (backsplash, flooring in certain areas, tile choice) you can keep it at 15%. It adds up quick and I don’t think many builders are offering any design incentives right now since it’s a sellers market.

The backyard will be expensive. There is such a boom right now with people buying new houses and renovating their existing backyards, the prices have gone up quite a bit with material and labor. If your lucky to get a designer/contractor lined up within 6 months that would be really fast.

Thanks!

I just realized the property taxes on each listing is extremely low. I searched Nevada and it was showing property taxes are around 0.53% is that correct for Las Vegas? If so, I could bump my budget up quite a bit.

That's incredible, I never would have guessed that lol.

Old 02-06-2021, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by longviewJoe View Post

Thank you, yeah I can see how that adds up far more than 10-15% haha. I'm pretty experienced renovating homes (not myself) but designing them, so I'll also be looking at resale homes too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Nevada > Las Vegas