Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2023, 04:28 AM

1,831 posts, read 3,196,756 times

Advertisements

I hope they keep the counties on the plate. If someone asked me to recall a plate number, I may not remember the number, but would probably remember the county.

If they changed the black to blue, I could probably live with the yellow. The black and yellow, I did think of New York immediately, but Missouri didn't come to mind. The plates used to say, "The Wheat State." Seems like we are becoming "The Windmill State."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2023, 12:18 PM

25,940 posts, read 22,089,429 times
https://nebraskaexaminer.com/2023/11...oud-and-clear/

“I promised to be a bipartisan governor, and I think we can all admit I succeeded at bringing Kansans across the political aisle together in disliking this new license plate,” Kelly said. “I’ve heard you loud and clear. Elected officials should be responsive to their constituents, which is why we are adjusting the process so Kansans can provide direct input on our state’s next license plate.”

I don't see why it has to change, as that will just cost money along with this wasting time to develop a design!

And, she is NOT a bipartisan governor!

Old 12-01-2023, 07:36 AM

1,831 posts, read 3,196,756 times
My guess is the change might have something to do with the Kansas Turnpike going "cashless" in '24. The turnpike is installing a whole bunch of locations that will read license plates. The current plates might be difficult to read. A yellow plate with black, large font, would be much easier to read from cameras-I would think. They will read your plate and check your registration and send you a bill. Just a guess though. It may have nothing to do with it. The other thing is security cameras may be able to better read the black on yellow and it will be more useful for solving, or preventing, crimes. The new, longer, single string, number/alpha combination--people are not going to remember the new alpha/numeric combination from a quick visual. It is a 7-digit string.

Old 12-13-2023, 08:33 PM

20,858 posts, read 9,518,220 times
Here are the new options being touted for the plates. You can vote for your favorite:

https://appengine.egov.com/apps/ks/plates

I'm not a Kansas resident, but if I was I think I'd pick the bottom-left one. I like the wheat sheaves on it.

Old 12-14-2023, 06:07 AM

6,814 posts, read 11,531,564 times
Why not let the inmates at Lansing decide? After all, they’re the ones who will be making them……

Old 12-15-2023, 01:17 PM

12,960 posts, read 9,473,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Here are the new options being touted for the plates. You can vote for your favorite:

I'm not a Kansas resident, but if I was I think I'd pick the bottom-left one. I like the wheat sheaves on it.
The one with wheat was on bottom right, not bottom left.

Honestly, and I have no horse in this race, but I like the one with Mizzou colors best but I can understand the angst.

Alabama changed plates last year, I think, and the one they put forward had an orange (sunset color) with black letters. What we actually got is a light yellow background with black letters. Orange would have looked better. Not only that, neighboring state Mississippi has an almost identical color pattern.

Alabama's in many cases are nothing but letters, other than the county number. Used to be there was a pattern, but now it seems to be a random process of numbers and letters, and there's hardly any way to remember the number and that's got to be the case with the police as well.

Tennessee has the best looking plates, I think: dark blue background with white letters.

Old 12-16-2023, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
The one with wheat was on bottom right, not bottom left.
It really was on the bottom-left before, looks like they switched the locations.

Old 12-18-2023, 05:57 PM

Quote:

And the winner is the one with the state capitol.

https://www.kshb.com/news/local-news...e-plate-design

Old 12-19-2023, 06:28 AM

6,814 posts, read 11,531,564 times
Quote:
And the winner is the one with the state capitol.

https://www.kshb.com/news/local-news...e-plate-design
I wish the “Kansas” was in a little more creative font.

Old 12-21-2023, 02:22 PM

I just read my link again and the one I would have voted for finished second. Damn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas
View detailed profiles of: