Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2010, 11:11 AM

5,765 posts, read 11,002,796 times

Advertisements

I figured it might be a good idea to have a thread we can discuss all of KCs sporting events whether it be professional, minor league, college, or even high school.

Right now, the Royals and Wizards are in spring training. The T-Bones are getting ready to start their season. The Mavericks are gearing up to make the playoffs in their first season. And KU is getting ready to make a National Championship run. So, there is a lot going on right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2010, 11:43 AM

476 posts, read 1,316,598 times
I like sports.

Old 03-12-2010, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneKC View Post
I like sports.

Me too. A lot. So much so that my wife is actually jealous of the teams I follow.

Old 03-12-2010, 03:48 PM

11,108 posts, read 23,900,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
Me too. A lot. So much so that my wife is actually jealous of the teams I follow.
If you are a KU fan, I can see that (obsessed freaks) .

So you think KU will win it all again? They won it all last year right?

They are on tv out here a lot. I gotta say, games at Lawrence look pretty neat and over the top at the same time. It's cool that every single fan is into the game so much at that arena, but it's almost a bit freaky.

Good luck to KU. It's KC's team.

I'm just waiting for baseball to start. MLB that is...

Old 03-12-2010, 07:20 PM

6,819 posts, read 11,550,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcmo View Post
So you think KU will win it all again? They won it all last year right?
That was 2008.....Mario and the Miracles.

I'm praying they win it all this year. I made a sizeable bet with my husband (a huge MU fan and KU hater) last year as soon as I heard Collins and Aldridge were coming back.

Rock Chalk

Old 03-12-2010, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okey Dokie View Post
That was 2008.....Mario and the Miracles.

I'm praying they win it all this year. I made a sizeable bet with my husband (a huge MU fan and KU hater) last year as soon as I heard Collins and Aldridge were coming back.

Rock Chalk

You married an MU fan? How the hell does that work? I would have dumped them as soon as they revealed that. I'm not kidding either.

KU has to stop turning the ball over. If they can do that, they are by far the best team in the country and should win it. There amazing depth will be huge in the tournament where fatigue can really takes it's toll.

Old 03-13-2010, 10:23 AM

6,819 posts, read 11,550,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
You married an MU fan? How the hell does that work? I would have dumped them as soon as they revealed that. I'm not kidding either.
Well, you know how love is.....you overlook things in that first burst of passion .

We have two days a year we have serious issues. When KU and MU play each other in basketball. Other than that, life is great.

We've been down here in Oklahoma for 3.5 years now. Talk about obsessed fans. They are SERIOUS down here to the exclusion of everything else. I got more KU basketball news when we were out in Las Vegas than I do here.

Old 03-13-2010, 12:30 PM

11,108 posts, read 23,900,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okey Dokie View Post
We've been down here in Oklahoma for 3.5 years now. Talk about obsessed fans. They are SERIOUS down here to the exclusion of everything else. I got more KU basketball news when we were out in Las Vegas than I do here.
Yea, I would rank Oklahoma fans slightly more obnoxious than Kansas Fans, but not by much. Nebraska is up there too. They are overly obsessed, but as a group, don't seem to be quite as bad as OK or KS. Places like Texas and Ohio have some pretty annoying fans, but at least the fans in those heavily populated states are a MUCH smaller percent of the overall population so they are not near as obvious.

I do wish KU well though. What's good for KU is typically good for KC.

Old 03-14-2010, 03:37 AM

404 posts, read 596,158 times
I like MU football, but like KU football more(though down last year). Although I still like MU better overall. Hell I even like K-State, but not as much as MU. As far as obnoxious fans go, KU gets the slight edge there.

Old 03-14-2010, 10:21 AM

91 posts, read 250,820 times
I hate KU, mainly because I live around so many KU fans. Weird thing is, I have been to more KU basketball games than most KU fans I know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > Kansas City