Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2023, 01:41 PM

2 posts, read 1,565 times

Advertisements

I was a Christian for almost 35 yrs .I really loved Jesus so much when i sit in prayer i had tears every time.I prayed for a baby for almost 8 yrs but nothing happened and my husband also didnt have good relation with me .But i had faith and kept moving .It was our 10th year Anniversary i was tired asking Jesus .
One day when i heard from my neighbor that whatever you wish in this Dargah will come true (there is some dargah which is famous in India) I promised myself to visit at any cost .I traveled all the way and was also with full faith that if i visit that Dargah Allah will surely give me a child .I told all my family that I will go there .One night i also remember praying Allah Grant me a child I will come to that Dargah with that child . After 3 to 4 days my Pregnancy test was positive .Its a miracle .From then I started reading more about Quran but im feeling very difficult in praying as I dont know how to .I dont have any Muslim frinds to ask for .Im doing Namaz 5 times but secretly and not able to do many times .
I'm posting here few of questions to Understand more about Allah .

1.Will Allah punish me if i dont pray 5 times and do any mistake while doing since I dont know

2.Allah put so many rules for Women to pray ? why cant i come as is ?
3.I love to recite Quran for that Im trying to learn Arabic but which Arabic should i Learn as there are many versions Online .

Pls help in my journey
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2023, 11:49 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,083,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missha View Post
I was a Christian for almost 35 yrs .I really loved Jesus so much when i sit in prayer i had tears every time.I prayed for a baby for almost 8 yrs but nothing happened and my husband also didnt have good relation with me .But i had faith and kept moving .It was our 10th year Anniversary i was tired asking Jesus .
One day when i heard from my neighbor that whatever you wish in this Dargah will come true (there is some dargah which is famous in India) I promised myself to visit at any cost .I traveled all the way and was also with full faith that if i visit that Dargah Allah will surely give me a child .I told all my family that I will go there .One night i also remember praying Allah Grant me a child I will come to that Dargah with that child . After 3 to 4 days my Pregnancy test was positive .Its a miracle .From then I started reading more about Quran but im feeling very difficult in praying as I dont know how to .I dont have any Muslim frinds to ask for .Im doing Namaz 5 times but secretly and not able to do many times .
I'm posting here few of questions to Understand more about Allah .

1.Will Allah punish me if i dont pray 5 times and do any mistake while doing since I dont know

2.Allah put so many rules for Women to pray ? why cant i come as is ?
3.I love to recite Quran for that Im trying to learn Arabic but which Arabic should i Learn as there are many versions Online .

Pls help in my journey
In the Islamic faith, the belief is that, whatever you need to ask, ask it DIRECTLY from Allah. There is ABSOLUTELY NO NEED to go any Dargah and ask for things from the deceased.

Allah is not blind or deaf that he can't listen to you directly. He created you and he listens you better than anyone else ever can.
You do NOT need a middle man to pray to Allah. This is one of the biggest lessons that our prophet (saw) taught us.

Going to these Dargahs has a potential to lead one to Shirk - A shirk is an unforgiveable sin Islam.

Our prophet (saw) never went to any dargah to ask anything from Allah. He (saw) always prayed directly to Allah. And he (saw) NEVER asked us to go to any Dargah.

You should ALWAYS remember this.

To answer your question.

1. Praying 5 times daily salah is the foundation of Islamic faith upon which you need to build a building by living an honest, peaceful and morally cautious life in the light of guidance provided by Quran and by the life of our prophet (saw). This is the entire gist of Islamic theology.

Allah is merciful and he knows the struggles of new Muslims. In Islam, all what matters is, how honestly have you tried?

So, in the five daily prayers, the most important one is the Asr Salah (afternoon prayers) - you must try your best to start with this one and try your best not to miss it.

Then slowly move your way up to pray on other times till you get it all covered. It will take time and it does not come overnight.
If you miss a prayers, you should make up for it.

And your prayers MUST result in having an effect in your day to day life and in dealing with other people.
You should display honesty with your work responsibility and in your dealing with other people. And you should slowly become a patient person who is merciful and forgiving, and who is generous and have good manners in speech.

If a person prays 5 times a day but then he or she also lies, cheats, deceives, backbites, hurts others, is rude to his/her parents and does injustice to others etc, then Allah will slam his prayers back on his/her face.

So again, try to pray by starting with Asr prayers and bring a good change your practical life.

There is an old saying, "Your religion is, what you do before and after prayers?"

2. Rules of prayers are somewhat easier on women than on men in Islam.
For example, women do not need to go to a mosque to pray 5 times day. Women get more rewards if they pray at home. However, going to mosque and praying is also fully allowed.
Women also, do not need to make up for all the missed prayers during their periods.

So, try in small steps as you learn more about Islamic faith - and move up in small steps as well.
Don't bite it more than you can chew. Go slow and easy - but NEVER give up.

3. Quranic Arab is unique. This Arabic is not spoken as a day to day general language in any country. So there is only ONE Arabic of Quran. There are many websites that make it easy. Even there are YT videos in Hindi and Urdu where they teach it to you. The Quranic Arabic has a very small vocabulary. So if you learn the basic words, you can understand a good portion of Quran.

All the best and welcome to Islam.

Old 07-04-2023, 09:11 PM

2 posts, read 1,565 times
I will definitely start with afternoon prayers .How ignorant I was and was willing to go to Dargah .No one told me until now that "we should not be going to Dargah". Thanks a lot for your reply .
I have seen many Muslims going to Dargah in my place .

Old 07-04-2023, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missha View Post
I will definitely start with afternoon prayers .How ignorant I was and was willing to go to Dargah .No one told me until now that "we should not be going to Dargah". Thanks a lot for your reply .
I have seen many Muslims going to Dargah in my place .
Yes, the question is? What's your intention behind going to a Dargah?
If the answer is, I want the deceased person in the grave to act as a middle man to take my message to Allah and answer my prayers - then. it's STRICTLY forbidden in Islam. Allah, says ask me directly!

And if the answer is, I am going to Dargah to pray FOR the deceased - then the question is, when was the last time you visited the grave of your parents or grand parents and prayed for their blessings (if they are deceased)?
For a Muslim, the deceased in his/her family need their prayers A LOT more than the deceased in the Dargah.

If I have a choice to visit,

1 - The grave of my grandfather/mother or my father or mother (if they are deceased) and pray for their blessings

2 - Visit the grave of some Sufi aur saint's Dargah to pray for his blessings?

Then, a million out of million times, I will visit the graves of my deceased family members and pray for their blessings to Allah. They need my prayers more than the Sufi or Saint needs my prayers.

Old 10-25-2023, 12:39 AM

84 posts, read 53,247 times
Lately, I have been reading the Qur'an. So far, I have read the first three surah and I have been learning particular words in the Māori language to help me to remember verses.

Old 10-25-2023, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pineapple674 View Post
Lately, I have been reading the Qur'an. So far, I have read the first three surah and I have been learning particular words in the Māori language to help me to remember verses.
That's good.
Ideally, you want to go with a certain pace that's not too fast. This should help you absorb easily. And do not make it too hard on yourself.

There is also a recommendation that you should study the entire Quran at least 3 times to understand its gist, and get the idea of the bigger picture. This should let you see the theme of Quran as a whole.

One miracle that you may find is that every time you study the Quran, you will learn something new.

Please know that Islamic point of view on life is to stay on the middle path, do not go on any extremes and try your best to live a morally cautious and peaceful life under the guidance provided by God.
And ALWAYS have good hopes for the hereafter. These good hopes should be supported by your efforts to do what's good and try to avoid what's forbidden.

Old 10-26-2023, 10:29 PM

2,765 posts, read 2,664,439 times
for any one have a any question about Islam he can put send his question
from this link https://islamqa.info/en
and click Send a question option

Old 12-09-2023, 04:18 AM

282 posts, read 297,953 times
Hello, or Salam (peace be upon you)

I was born as an Arab Muslim, just 3 hours drive from Makka city. I never tought by my parents or at school to hate others, nor to force them to convert to Islam. I myself wish to be just a decent person. I know the Quran, Prophet's speech to a good extent.

Despite all lies about Islam, it is still stand alone for all humanity as a way of living decently and happily. That is all.

Old 12-09-2023, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by resigned View Post
Hello, or Salam (peace be upon you)

I was born as an Arab Muslim, just 3 hours drive from Makka city. I never tought by my parents or at school to hate others, nor to force them to convert to Islam. I myself wish to be just a decent person. I know the Quran, Prophet's speech to a good extent.

Despite all lies about Islam, it is still stand alone for all humanity as a way of living decently and happily. That is all.
Yep.
This is natural to Muslims.

The problem occurs when dirty politics is mixed with religious theology by Islam enemies and lies are spread thru media.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam