Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2019, 09:44 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,808,992 times

Advertisements

Forgive me for the lack of heart and compassion of others.
I will be mourning for 7 days.
If physically possible. 7 per victim.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2019, 10:37 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,808,992 times
Forgive me please,
I know there are few who would boast about such a murderous exploit and even mock the no

Mourners.

Little does the enemy know.
The Hearts of the beloved are far stronger than an enemies plot to divided the Sons and daughters of heaven.

While its attempts to divide the family are like bitter waters
The Wings of the 4 eagles divide discern and assure the women of the promise given by the Most High.

Blessings Always.

Old 03-16-2019, 12:57 AM

3,640 posts, read 43,028 times
All the victims (including children) are in Heaven. I will be surprised if the killer isn't going to Hell.

My prayers are now with the families of the innocent victims.

Old 03-16-2019, 01:38 PM

5,155 posts, read 4,623,048 times
I'm beyond sad and angry. It makes me angry that there isn't much outcry here in the US; in the US, the outcry is when a Muslim kills. I don't know how anyone could be bread with such hatred and kill others.

Everyone is in my thoughts and prayers. I wonder if I will still be able to attend mosque services when I travel. I hope I still can.

Old 03-16-2019, 04:09 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,838,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessxwrites89 View Post
I'm beyond sad and angry. It makes me angry that there isn't much outcry here in the US; in the US, the outcry is when a Muslim kills. I don't know how anyone could be bread with such hatred and kill others.

Everyone is in my thoughts and prayers. I wonder if I will still be able to attend mosque services when I travel. I hope I still can.
I don't think that's true, jessxwrites89, although I agree that the outrage is higher when a Muslim kills. And of course there's a sub-factor of people to whom Muslim = "evil".

This message was sent to everyone in the Episcopal Diocese of NJ, and I'm pretty sure that similar statements are being made by other religious bodies. (Underlining for emphasis mine.)

We express our deep sadness and outrage over the horrific mass shooting in Christchurch, New Zealand. Our prayers go out to the victims and those who grieve. We stand in solidarity with our Muslim sisters and brothers and reject all violence, and especially that which targets people for their religious beliefs. Lord, have mercy.

Old 03-16-2019, 04:53 PM

5,155 posts, read 4,623,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I don't think that's true, jessxwrites89, although I agree that the outrage is higher when a Muslim kills. And of course there's a sub-factor of people to whom Muslim = "evil".

This message was sent to everyone in the Episcopal Diocese of NJ, and I'm pretty sure that similar statements are being made by other religious bodies. (Underlining for emphasis mine.)

We express our deep sadness and outrage over the horrific mass shooting in Christchurch, New Zealand. Our prayers go out to the victims and those who grieve. We stand in solidarity with our Muslim sisters and brothers and reject all violence, and especially that which targets people for their religious beliefs. Lord, have mercy.
I'm glad that the Episcopal Diocese of NJ mentioned something; I'm sure it's true here, however, I have some family members who are stone silent. While it's not only a Muslim thing, they are that way with anything involving religion, but it's still disheartening. I was at work at the library today and that's all we could talk about. My library family was just as heartbroken. My dad is too.

I'm heading to NYC on Tuesday and thinking of visiting the Islamic Center. Hopefully, I won't have an issue, but maybe on Monday I'll make a call.

Old 03-16-2019, 04:58 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
A terrible atrocity committed against an innocent people by a twisted, hate-filled coward.

Deep sympathy and heartfelt condolences to the families and friends of the victims, and to all New Zealanders.

Old 03-16-2019, 05:29 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,838,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessxwrites89 View Post
I'm glad that the Episcopal Diocese of NJ mentioned something; I'm sure it's true here, however, I have some family members who are stone silent. While it's not only a Muslim thing, they are that way with anything involving religion, but it's still disheartening. I was at work at the library today and that's all we could talk about. My library family was just as heartbroken. My dad is too.

I'm heading to NYC on Tuesday and thinking of visiting the Islamic Center. Hopefully, I won't have an issue, but maybe on Monday I'll make a call.
I've no doubt police will be keeping an eye on all mosques in the city, and I also read something about there being an Islamic security organization in NYC now, similar to the Jewish Shomrim Society.

If you go, be safe, and peace be with you.

Old 03-18-2019, 08:21 AM

736 posts, read 456,377 times
In my city the Jewish and Islamic communities enjoy a very close relationship. in fact I attended a meeting at a local mosque just a few days before the shooting. Our communities got together for a prayer service yesterday:
Community gathers in solidarity after New Zealand mass shooting

Old 03-18-2019, 10:36 AM

17,624 posts, read 17,682,949 times
And will you morn those killed by a Muslim gunman in the name of Islam at the train station as well as other attacks around the world?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Islam