Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2020, 07:46 AM

21,932 posts, read 9,503,108 times

Advertisements

This state is being run by the mob.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2020, 08:30 AM

148 posts, read 122,069 times
Ill believe Madigan is taken down when he actually is.
Close associates have been prosecuted before with no results.

Old 07-21-2020, 05:09 AM

8,757 posts, read 5,053,126 times
I have been following this on the news......now there is nothing about it.

Old 07-21-2020, 06:04 AM

9,952 posts, read 6,674,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcandme View Post
I have been following this on the news......now there is nothing about it.
? I have been listening on the radio and hearing stories about it multiple times a day talking about how huge it is with numerous companies involved like Rush, Walgreens, AT&T, etc.

Old 07-21-2020, 07:49 AM

4,927 posts, read 5,315,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeman7 View Post
Madigan is untouchable. I'm sure he will pin this on some fall guy and nothing will happen to him.
OR...he may eventually be pardoned.

[quote=Metallica93;58699110]Awesome. Madigan, McConnell, and Trump are nothing but thorns in the side of democracy. I only have the power to vote one out, so here's hoping the courts take out another.[/QUOTE

List of people granted executive clemency by Donald Trump

Trump has often bypassed the OPA, and, unlike previous presidents, has made the majority of his grants to executive clemency to "well-connected offenders who had not filed petitions with the pardon office or did not meet its requirements."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...y_Donald_Trump

Old 07-21-2020, 10:03 AM

21,932 posts, read 9,503,108 times
I am not bothering with these Trump posts. It's ridiculous.

Regarding Madigan, did anyone see the story in the Trib this am about the guy who was electrocuted by faulty wiring from ComEd and how his nephew working with him had both arms amputated because ComEd was stonewalling the wife in her wrongful death lawsuit? So while ComEd and Madigan and their cronies pad their own pockets, real people suffer from these people having the reigns of power? It's disgusting.

Old 07-21-2020, 10:33 AM

5,014 posts, read 9,460,718 times
I wouldn't count Madigan out just yet. He still has to be convicted of a felony because there's virtually no chance of him getting voted out. And if Biden wins, the charges could be dropped or reduced by the next administration, in which case he's not going anywhere. We'll see!

Old 07-28-2020, 07:32 PM

997 posts, read 850,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
I am not bothering with these Trump posts. It's ridiculous.

Regarding Madigan, did anyone see the story in the Trib this am about the guy who was electrocuted by faulty wiring from ComEd and how his nephew working with him had both arms amputated because ComEd was stonewalling the wife in her wrongful death lawsuit? So while ComEd and Madigan and their cronies pad their own pockets, real people suffer from these people having the reigns of power? It's disgusting.
No, it wasn’t faulty wiring by Com Ed! Do you actually know what happened? The perpetrators (you may call them victims) removed the Edison guy wire from the anchor. A guy wire is a steel wire (not energized) that holds the pole straight. It was put up sometime in the 1960’s. And who knows if Edison even installed it. It could’ve been put up in a storm by out of town contractors or other utilities to restore power.
Those 2 workers NEVER should’ve been working/removing/altering electric utility infrastructure, PERIOD.

Old 07-30-2020, 03:58 PM

997 posts, read 850,310 times
The Chicago tribune had a 2 page story about the surviver last year. In the article it stated that the victims were installing A cable tv messenger (Cable). When they got to the pole with the down guy, they removed it from the anchor (It was probably going to be temporary until they got there cable in) and Moved it out of the way.
On new installations before a guy wire is attatched to the top of a pole, an appetong or fiber rod is first attatched to the pole to isolate it. Then as the wire goes down towards the ground another insulator (Johnny ball) is cut into the wire to isolate it from the ground and pedestrians in case of a car accident tree falling, etc. if a live wire were to fall onto or make contact with the guy wire it would be “isolated” (hopefully). Older poles only had the middle insulater, fiberglass appetongs were not invented then so the wire at the top was connected directly to an eyebolt (dog ear) attatchment. When they moved the guy wire it made contact with one of Edison’s energized primary wires (7200 volts).

Old 08-01-2020, 09:03 PM

9,981 posts, read 5,679,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRU67 View Post
I wouldn't count Madigan out just yet. He still has to be convicted of a felony because there's virtually no chance of him getting voted out. And if Biden wins, the charges could be dropped or reduced by the next administration, in which case he's not going anywhere. We'll see!
He may not be voted out of office, but state house can vote to replace him as speaker. The issue is, these power-hungry rent-seekers are fungible and I don't see how replacing one with another is going to resolve anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois