Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 10:33 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,418,516 times

Advertisements

California State Assembly Republican Caucus

Assemblyman Jim Silva - California State Assembly Republican Caucus

“The fact that Democrats expect Californians to subsidize the education of people here illegally is a slap in the face of legal immigrants and U.S. citizens who make huge sacrifices to afford their education.”

Assemblyman Jim Silva

For those not in the know - all we hear about lately on the news here in Cali is the enormous budget deficit. Seems like a no brainer to me!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2008, 10:38 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,746,605 times
Soon those kids will be legalized when the dream act passes, making it a good investment for the state.

Old 06-19-2008, 10:50 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,122,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Soon those kids will be legalized when the dream act passes, making it a good investment for the state.
Do not count your chickens till they hatch; blacknight04............the party is over for the pro illegal crowd.

And; yes, one of the casaulties caused by the insolence of the pro illegal folks will be things like the DREAM Act.

Old 06-19-2008, 10:59 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,746,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Do not count your chickens till they hatch; blacknight04............the party is over for the pro illegal crowd.

And; yes, one of the casaulties caused by the insolence of the pro illegal folks will be things like the DREAM Act.
Sooner or later a form of legalization will pass congress and be signed by whoever the next president is. When the dream act came up for a vote last year, it got 55 votes but didn't get the 60 to overcome a filibuster. If it comes up for a vote after the elections it will get the 60 votes need to overcome the filibuster in the senate. Obama has also made it clear that he will pass the dream act asap and McCain was a Co-sponser of the dream act in 2007.

Btw, why the hell would anyone want to prevent a child who has grown up in the U.S from becoming legal by obtaining a college degree or serving in the military?

Old 06-19-2008, 11:01 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,122,931 times
Quote:
Sooner or later a form of legalization will pass congress and be signed by whoever the next president is. When the dream act came up for a vote last year, it got 55 votes but didn't get the 60 to overcome a filibuster. If it comes up for a vote after the elections it will get the 60 votes need to overcome the filibuster in the senate. Obama has also made it clear that he will pass the dream act asap and McCain was a Co-sponser of the dream act in 2007.
I wll believe it when I see it.

Old 06-19-2008, 11:21 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,493,695 times
If they want Financial Aid they should create a Non-Profit Organization that takes donations to help Illegals pay for school, no Taxes should be used IMO.

Old 06-19-2008, 11:26 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,418,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I wll believe it when I see it.
When and If - two very different concepts. Some cannot (or refuse) to know the difference between the two. Have to commend them on their optimism, though!

Old 06-19-2008, 12:51 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,776,641 times
Quote:
[b].....

Btw, why the hell would anyone want to prevent a child who has grown up in the U.S from becoming legal by obtaining a college degree or serving in the military?
Maybe because there are millions of them here, and the only reason they are here is because their illegal parents dumped them here for the purpose of staying. Maybe because Americans no longer want to pay for their education and health care. Maybe American people want to send a message to would-be illegals "no more anchor babies."

Old 06-19-2008, 05:19 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,557,297 times
Quote:

I realize you and the other "Dreamies" are anxiously awaiting the passage of the DREAM Act. How many times must this bill be defeated before you realize it's not going to happen? There is too much opposition from the general populace for this to pass; even more than last summer.

Time is not your friend. The longer illegal immigration goes unresolved, and our borders remain open, more people join the ranks of the anti-illegal. The prevalence of heinous crimes committed by illegals, as well as the ever-increasing incidence of vehicular manslaughter, only serves to inflame more Americans. It’s unfortunate, but the violent criminals are tremendously hurting your cause.

If you are putting your faith in politicians, you are in for a rude awakening. They say what the sheeple want to hear. Furthermore, the “legalization” of which you speak, is in fact “amnesty” -- not only for the ‘student’ but more importantly, it would reward the parents. This nation will not tolerate another amnesty. Sorry.

BTW, the supercilious attitude of many illegals is probably the #1 irritant. It wouldn’t hurt to show a little gratitude and humility for a change. After all, we “owe” you nothing.

Old 06-20-2008, 09:59 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,552,765 times
I live in California, and I can't WAIT until illegals come here in larger numbers....or even BETTER, when they form a majority. Bring 'em on !....Let THEM take the heat for being the 'racists' and the 'bigots' and the 'meanies'. I'm through....it's THEIR turn.

I'll mow the lawns, if the illegals will take the responsibility for the mess we're in. Sounds like a fair trade to me !!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration