Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2024, 11:12 AM

25,909 posts, read 12,935,480 times

Advertisements

https://spectator.org/gov-whitmer-pa...e-to-michigan/

Michigan Governor Whitmer will at least say it out loud publicly, while the Biden regime will not.

Michigan has been losing population to negative net domestic migration since the 1970's.

Less people = less taxes

Less people = less congressional seats

Less people = less workers, less labor, & lower GDP...which = less tax revenues

So, Whitmer is using illegals to shore up Michigan's population loss.

This helps explain what Biden is doing on a national basis...using illegals to offset low American birth rates.

The million dollar question is this...what does the cost benefit analysis of this social engineering look like?

Bringing in Millions of poor, non-English speakers, who may be sick, or may have criminal records, or may have no skills to earn a living wage.

That is the discussion that needed to be had prior to the Biden regime opening up the borders to all.

Why not dramatically increase LEGAL immigration, and vet the newcomers, and select the most likely to succeed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2024, 11:44 AM

63,041 posts, read 29,243,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
https://spectator.org/gov-whitmer-pa...e-to-michigan/

Michigan Governor Whitmer will at least say it out loud publicly, while the Biden regime will not.

Michigan has been losing population to negative net domestic migration since the 1970's.

Less people = less taxes

Less people = less congressional seats

Less people = less workers, less labor, & lower GDP...which = less tax revenues

So, Whitmer is using illegals to shore up Michigan's population loss.

This helps explain what Biden is doing on a national basis...using illegals to offset low American birth rates.

The million dollar question is this...what does the cost benefit analysis of this social engineering look like?

Bringing in Millions of poor, non-English speakers, who may be sick, or may have criminal records, or may have no skills to earn a living wage.

That is the discussion that needed to be had prior to the Biden regime opening up the borders to all.

Why not dramatically increase LEGAL immigration, and vet the newcomers, and select the most likely to succeed?
I don't necessarily think that a declining population is a bad thing. There are far too many duplicate businesses in our country and most don't pay a liveable wage but that's why a blind eye is being turned on illegal immigration so that the employers can gain more profit.

If we do increase legal immigration it shouldn't be to fill jobs for those types of businesses but instead they should be for skilled jobs for immigrants who are educated and that can support themselves.

Old 05-05-2024, 07:43 AM

363 posts, read 144,722 times
There is absolutely nothing wrong with having a population of 100-150 million. I am sure many people prefer it. It should be up to those who are actually paying taxes to determine if illegals should be brought into this country.

Old 05-05-2024, 07:47 AM

6,489 posts, read 6,699,232 times
Does anyone believe that illegals, collectively, pay more in taxes than the benefits they receive? Data on this?
(I truly don't know, but I'll admit I've ignorantly assumed they are a net negative).

Old 05-05-2024, 09:14 AM

63,041 posts, read 29,243,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovelyone777 View Post
There is absolutely nothing wrong with having a population of 100-150 million. I am sure many people prefer it. It should be up to those who are actually paying taxes to determine if illegals should be brought into this country.
Illegals should never be allowed into our country no matter what someone's opinion is. It is against the law!

Old 05-05-2024, 09:43 AM

26,008 posts, read 22,198,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
Does anyone believe that illegals, collectively, pay more in taxes than the benefits they receive? Data on this?
(I truly don't know, but I'll admit I've ignorantly assumed they are a net negative).
https://www.fairus.org/issue/publica...taxpayers-2023

"At the start of 2023, the net cost of illegal immigration for the United States – at the federal, state, and local levels – was at least $150.7 billion."

"FAIR arrived at this number by subtracting the tax revenue paid by illegal aliens – just under $32 billion – from the gross negative economic impact of illegal immigration, $182 billion."

Those that get asylum cost even more:

https://www.acf.hhs.gov/sites/defaul...fact_sheet.pdf

"From the date of granted asylum, asylees may receive up to 12 months of RCA to help meet their most basic needs, such as food, shelter, and transportation."

All those anchor babies bring in additional assistance, and qualify the "family" for public housing, even going ahead of those on the waiting list that don't have children, US citizen singles and couples.

Old 05-06-2024, 06:51 AM

1,954 posts, read 838,080 times
U.S. population 2000 - 282.4 Million
U.S. population 2023 - 341.8 Million

Increase in 23 years - 59.4 Million

So is this increase due to immigration alone? If so they've be gaslighting us about how many illegals are REALLY in the country.

Old 05-06-2024, 06:52 AM

1,954 posts, read 838,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
A vast majority of illegals are on the lower end of the economic scale so the only taxes they pay is most likely state sales taxes.

Old 05-06-2024, 08:30 AM

6,489 posts, read 6,699,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
https://www.fairus.org/issue/publica...taxpayers-2023

"At the start of 2023, the net cost of illegal immigration for the United States – at the federal, state, and local levels – was at least $150.7 billion."

"FAIR arrived at this number by subtracting the tax revenue paid by illegal aliens – just under $32 billion – from the gross negative economic impact of illegal immigration, $182 billion."

Those that get asylum cost even more:

https://www.acf.hhs.gov/sites/defaul...fact_sheet.pdf

"From the date of granted asylum, asylees may receive up to 12 months of RCA to help meet their most basic needs, such as food, shelter, and transportation."

All those anchor babies bring in additional assistance, and qualify the "family" for public housing, even going ahead of those on the waiting list that don't have children, US citizen singles and couples.
So my assumptions were correct. The illegal immigrants are costing us taxpayers billions upon billions of dollars.

So why are we being told that our economy "needs" these people? (Sort of a rhetorical question. At this point I'm so accustomed to being lied to by media, politicians, and the far left that I have zero expectation of truth.)

Old 05-06-2024, 09:13 AM

25,909 posts, read 12,935,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I don't necessarily think that a declining population is a bad thing. There are far too many duplicate businesses in our country and most don't pay a liveable wage but that's why a blind eye is being turned on illegal immigration so that the employers can gain more profit.

If we do increase legal immigration it shouldn't be to fill jobs for those types of businesses but instead they should be for skilled jobs for immigrants who are educated and that can support themselves.
If our declining U.S. born population is part of a cyclical ebb & flow, I'd agree, but ours is a decades long term trend.

Look at the chart projecting future population...the gray line shows a massive decrease w/o immigration:

https://www.brookings.edu/articles/n...ion%20scenario.

Duplicate businesses? If there are too many, some will fail...like KMart,& Sears. That's part of our free market economy (until the gov't interferes).

Biz does not owe it to us to pay a living wage...nor do they force people to work for low wages..its a free market economy (until the gov't interferes).

Workers must compete for higher wages with skills...its part of our free market economy (until the gov't interferes).

The Biden regime is ignoring illegal imigration because they think it will get them more future votes & tax revenues. Cheap labor is a benefit to DC's corp lobbyists/big biz, but I don't see it as the driving force behind open borders...I see it as a favorable consequence.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration