Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2024, 08:25 AM

1,000 posts, read 1,069,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
But you can't make that claim without backing it up with facts otherwise it's merely your opinion. Are there those both Republican and Democrat who are rich that are hypocrites on this issue of illegal immigration? Of course there are but you singled out the Republicans and conservatives and they aren't all that way and you have no idea what the percentage of them are.

I would like your mind reading abilities but I don't and I will not single out an entire group and call them all hypocrites because there are honest people in every group to.

How do you know what Abbott does or doesn't do and what he even has the power to do?

By Abbott taking steps to deter illegal immigration in his state that indeed is preventing more profits for
the greedy who want cheap illegal labor. That's a given!

I get the impression that your rant is based on something entirely different. I say that because many pro-illegals come in here ranting about our politicians and greedy businesses when in fact they are really supporters of illegal aliens. Not saying that you are one of them but your rant sounds quite familiar especially when one starts attacking those who are actually trying to do something to stop illegal immigration.

IF he raided large Construction sites, or farms, IN TEXAS, he would scream it to anyone who would listen.

I personally, haven't heard a peep on raids of these type of places of employment of a high % of illegal immigrants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2024, 09:28 AM

63,121 posts, read 29,298,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by H'ton View Post
IF he raided large Construction sites, or farms, IN TEXAS, he would scream it to anyone who would listen.

I personally, haven't heard a peep on raids of these type of places of employment of a high % of illegal immigrants.
Again, this is merely your opinion. How do you know that Abbott hasn't had businesses raided for illegal aliens and why do you ignore the fact that he has taken many steps to stop illegals from getting into his state? I believe that ICE are the only ones that can conduct workplace raids for illegal workers. I don't know if local authorities are allowed to do it.

Are you unaware that both Obama and Biden stopped the workplace raids and yet they are Democrats?

Last edited by Oldglory; 05-10-2024 at 09:36 AM..

Old 05-10-2024, 08:15 PM

4,453 posts, read 5,182,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Open Borders...
I think it has a lot to do with insuring there is a constant growth in GDP thereby preventing the appearance of a recession. The appearance of recession is important to whoever is in the White House.

Republicans getting rich; Democrats recruiting future voters - I think those points are off the mark. The point is, people come across the border and generate economic activity. The people making border policy don't really care if illegals barely get by, and don't care if some American loses out on a job.

FWIW: As a population shrinks, it gets older and the work force gets smaller. It can create a real problem for the shrinking country as tax revenue falls and expenses of caring for the elderly rises. Having a smaller population is fine; getting there can be painful.
The world is topping out in 40-50 years. Do you think this planet will inevitably be incapable of getting past this pain? Maybe we’ll need innovation to get past it. But, how can you have innovation without excess and growing labor? Apparently that’s impossible.

One big reason we’re shrinking by the way is because of how expensive everything has become. Something immigrants were supposed remedy. IMO, they made it worse than they helped. They were supposed to help the tax base as well. We’re the richest country with nearly the worst debt. I call BS all the way around.

We need to automate and we have plenty of talent to make that happen. I have no clue, why we’re importing all these people, who will just be a larger population to contend with, as automation is exploding. Idiocy!!

They may be workers on the short term front end, but to the elites, it’s the fact that they enlarge the consumer pool and for the Democrats specifically; the voter pool. This is what’s most important.

Old 05-12-2024, 09:05 PM

6,245 posts, read 3,629,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfoot4 View Post
And where are all these jobs, that what you call "skilled workers" can fill? First of all, if these people are SO skilled, why is their native country going to let them readily leave? Secondly, why aren't the "Native Americans" being trained to fill these jobs, rather than simply given welfare, simply because they don't feel like working? And finally, as we move forward, automation is filling many jobs, now, such that not as many workers, in some areas, are now needed. Look at farming and think of how many workers that one man, named John Deere, has displaced.....

I agree!
Again...huh? I think you misunderstand the point of my post. I am NOT advocating for skilled legal immigrants to take jobs from skilled Americans, like what's happening with H1B visa workers in STEM. (And last time I looked no country except N. Korea has a law against people leaving...India and China have over a billion each each--they probably want people to leave). The OP said they're bringing in illegals to offset the declining birth rate. Since the birth rate is all about numbers of people, I'm asking why do they want illegals to increase our numbers rather than legal immigrants? (By the way farming is not the type of skilled worker I was referring to--think white-collar professional with a bachelors and higher.)

My point is that when they claim we need illegals to increase our birth rate, they're lying. What they want is redistribution of wealth. They figure it's taking too long to develop 3rd world nations into 1st worlds, so the plan is to dump the third world on us and create equality by bringing us down.

Old 05-13-2024, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Again...huh? I think you misunderstand the point of my post. I am NOT advocating for skilled legal immigrants to take jobs from skilled Americans, like what's happening with H1B visa workers in STEM. (And last time I looked no country except N. Korea has a law against people leaving...India and China have over a billion each each--they probably want people to leave). The OP said they're bringing in illegals to offset the declining birth rate. Since the birth rate is all about numbers of people, I'm asking why do they want illegals to increase our numbers rather than legal immigrants? (By the way farming is not the type of skilled worker I was referring to--think white-collar professional with a bachelors and higher.)

My point is that when they claim we need illegals to increase our birth rate, they're lying. What they want is redistribution of wealth. They figure it's taking too long to develop 3rd world nations into 1st worlds, so the plan is to dump the third world on us and create equality by bringing us down.
It's also about cheap blue collared labor to and future votes for the Democrats.

Old 05-14-2024, 06:17 AM

23,294 posts, read 29,151,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post

So why are we being told that our economy "needs" these people? (Sort of a rhetorical question. At this point I'm so accustomed to being lied to by media, politicians, and the far left that I have zero expectation of truth.)
Think about it! Would you hire some very spoiled child, as an only child, like in China, where they're spoiled to death? Not me! And do you think they're going to get their hands dirty in a dirty job?

My nephews and nieces have only had 2 children and they're all spoiled, because they don't need to share with 3 or 4 other children in the family. Parents could afford to send them to college, but are they ever going to get job and get their hands dirty? Would I hire them to paint my house or do landscaping? Heavens no!

Old 05-14-2024, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
Think about it! Would you hire some very spoiled child, as an only child, like in China, where they're spoiled to death? Not me! And do you think they're going to get their hands dirty in a dirty job?

My nephews and nieces have only had 2 children and they're all spoiled, because they don't need to share with 3 or 4 other children in the family. Parents could afford to send them to college, but are they ever going to get job and get their hands dirty? Would I hire them to paint my house or do landscaping? Heavens no!
So your scenario fits all or even most young adults today? Is it justification to hire illegal aliens instead? I think not!

Old 05-14-2024, 08:02 AM

9,473 posts, read 11,231,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
Does anyone believe that illegals, collectively, pay more in taxes than the benefits they receive? Data on this?
(I truly don't know, but I'll admit I've ignorantly assumed they are a net negative).
Considering that we have countless veterans and other homeless on the streets, and alien invaders are being put up in $500 hotel rooms, get debit cars, free restaurant meals, ad nauseum, no, they do NOT pay more. For starters, they pay NOTHING in taxes.

Nor did they pay the price for serving our country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Illegals should never be allowed into our country no matter what someone's opinion is. It is against the law!
Bingo! Short, sweet, and to the point. End of discussion.

Old 05-14-2024, 08:26 AM

6,528 posts, read 3,208,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Again...huh? I think you misunderstand the point of my post.

OK, I see what you're getting at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
HUH????

I'm an only child, and I'm by no means spoiled!! I was encouraged by my parents, to take a full-time, work/college co-op deal when I was 19 years of age. Spent 37 years at it, working 6 days a week, frequently, as well as rotating shifts, at times. Yeah, I was spoiled..........

Old 05-14-2024, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfoot4 View Post
OK, I see what you're getting at.

HUH????

I'm an only child, and I'm by no means spoiled!! I was encouraged by my parents, to take a full-time, work/college co-op deal when I was 19 years of age. Spent 37 years at it, working 6 days a week, frequently, as well as rotating shifts, at times. Yeah, I was spoiled..........
That's the typical excuse of these pro-illegals.....Americans are lazy so we need illegls here to work jobs Americans won't do, ad nauseum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration