Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2024, 04:30 PM

63,096 posts, read 29,284,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Great question. They are not stupid, so it's not that. They have an ulterior motive.

What could those be?

-They could be trying to cash in on this human tidal wave themselves by taking kickbacks from the Cartels.

-Or, they want to destroy America by allowing in prisoners other countries expelled, their sickly, their poorest & most destitute, non-Englih speakers, unskilled, & maybe even Thousands of Iranians and CCP operatives.

-Or, they think this will create more votes for them, and more tax revenues

-Or, they could be bringing in cheap labor for theri Fortune 500 sponsors.

Those are the only possibilities I can think of. Do you have any others?
We shouldn't be importing the immigrants you described legally or illegally anyway as they are a net tax burden. They overcrowd our schools, healthcare facilities, roads and neighborhoods and put added demands on our social and natural resources.

Our country is saturated with too many low paying jobs and they just need to fold up and die. The remaining ones would have to pay a better wage and we would have plenty of Americans that would be willing to take them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2024, 04:16 AM

25,980 posts, read 12,988,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
We shouldn't be importing the immigrants you described legally or illegally anyway as they are a net tax burden. They overcrowd our schools, healthcare facilities, roads and neighborhoods and put added demands on our social and natural resources.

Our country is saturated with too many low paying jobs and they just need to fold up and die. The remaining ones would have to pay a better wage and we would have plenty of Americans that would be willing to take them.
I'm fine with limited legal immigration like we used to do. I'm totally opposed to what Dems in DC are doing now...purposely not enforcing our laws, so anyone can enter.

I don't know how any American can be for that....& I think very few are for open borders.

I'd like to know why a small splinter faction of our government is doing this, & why the rest are unable or unwilling to stop them.

I guess we'll just have to wait until this regime is defeated to stop it, & perhaps get some answers...but I'm not holding my breath on the anwers.

Accountability in DC vanished a long time ago.

Old 05-09-2024, 05:46 AM

6,515 posts, read 3,202,301 times
Quote:
I'm fine with limited legal immigration like we used to do. I'm totally opposed to what Dems in DC are doing now...purposely not enforcing our laws, so anyone can enter.

I don't know how any American can be for that....& I think very few are for open borders.

I'd like to know why a small splinter faction of our government is doing this, & why the rest are unable or unwilling to stop them.

I guess we'll just have to wait until this regime is defeated to stop it, & perhaps get some answers...but I'm not holding my breath on the answers.

Accountability in DC vanished a long time ago.
Well stated!!

Old 05-09-2024, 08:21 AM

998 posts, read 1,068,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfoot4 View Post
Well stated!!

Because BOTH the Republicans AND Democrats benefit from illegal immigration.

Republicans get increased profits due to cheap labor

Democrats get increased votes to implement their policies, and most likely profit.

One side PUBLICLY opposes it but privately supports it and the other supports it openly.

I've been on large construction sites all over the United States, in both Blue and Red States.

I've walked the buildings during construction, while the workers were there working.

You'd be surprised which states had more illegals working on their projects, in my opinion. Hint: it wasn't the Democrat states.

Yes, the Governor of Texas makes a lot of noise about the issue at the BORDER but how many raids has he led at construction sites, farms, restaurants, etc.?

ZERO- he doesn't want to upset his Republican businesses and their profits.

Old 05-09-2024, 08:24 AM

25,980 posts, read 12,988,769 times
from my May 5th OP:

This helps explain what Biden is doing on a national basis...using illegals to offset low American birth rates.

The million dollar question is this...what does the cost benefit analysis of this social engineering look like?

Bringing in Millions of poor, non-English speakers, who may be sick, or may have criminal records, or may have no skills to earn a living wage.

That is the discussion that needed to be had prior to the Biden regime opening up the borders to all.

Fast forward 4 days to today (May 9th) Today, I came across this article which concludes mass immigration does NOT boost GDP:

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/202...finds26876058/

So then, why our open borders then? Since it's not economically based, then its ideologically based...our way of life is under attack.

Old 05-09-2024, 09:46 AM

Quote:
from my May 5th OP:

This helps explain what Biden is doing on a national basis...using illegals to offset low American birth rates.

The million dollar question is this...what does the cost benefit analysis of this social engineering look like?

Bringing in Millions of poor, non-English speakers, who may be sick, or may have criminal records, or may have no skills to earn a living wage.

That is the discussion that needed to be had prior to the Biden regime opening up the borders to all.

Fast forward 4 days to today (May 9th) Today, I came across this article which concludes mass immigration does NOT boost GDP:

https://www.breitbart.com/europe/202...finds26876058/

So then, why our open borders then? Since it's not economically based, then its ideologically based...our way of life is under attack.
If it's to offset a low birthrate then why didn't he encourage congress to bring more immigrants here legally instead of allowing in those we know nothing about illegally or are making bogus asylum claims? We could do with less population anyway.

There is more to this than meets the eye. It's more about bringing in the above to work for low wages to increase the employer's profits and for future voters.

Old 05-09-2024, 09:52 AM

3,189 posts, read 2,080,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by H'ton View Post
Because BOTH the Republicans AND Democrats benefit from illegal immigration.

Republicans get increased profits due to cheap labor

Democrats get increased votes to implement their policies, and most likely profit.

One side PUBLICLY opposes it but privately supports it and the other supports it openly.

I've been on large construction sites all over the United States, in both Blue and Red States.

I've walked the buildings during construction, while the workers were there working.

You'd be surprised which states had more illegals working on their projects, in my opinion. Hint: it wasn't the Democrat states.

Yes, the Governor of Texas makes a lot of noise about the issue at the BORDER but how many raids has he led at construction sites, farms, restaurants, etc.?

ZERO- he doesn't want to upset his Republican businesses and their profits.
Oh I am 100% with you, I've lived in Texas for a long time, and worked with construction workers as well. The times you will see a black or white American on those crews are few and far between.

I'm not and probably never will be that concerned about illegal immigration because the country needs the labor and frankly is nowhere close to full. I would definitely prefer if there was a large increase in the "legal" immigration numbers though - its much cleaner and would result in a lot less death associated with coming to the US. It also would better control the number of truly bad people that manage to get here.

But if the choice is essentially no immigration and a falling population rate vs. illegal immigration, I'm taking the latter every time because its better for the country long term. There's clearly a lot of older people who are retired and don't really care about the economy who would prefer a falling population, but as a working person I prefer actually having economic growth and customers to sell things to.

Old 05-09-2024, 09:57 AM

3,189 posts, read 2,080,335 times
Quote:
If it's to offset a low birthrate then why didn't he encourage congress to bring more immigrants here legally instead of allowing in those we know nothing about illegally or are making bogus asylum claims? We could do with less population anyway.

There is more to this than meets the eye. It's more about bringing in the above to work for low wages to increase the employer's profits and for future voters.
The answer to that is something you and I both know - there is and has been zero appetite from Republicans to increase the number of legal immigrants. What Republican legislator in the last few years has advocated for such a policy or written a bill to increase the numbers? Neither the Republican-written bill coming out of the house or the now-dead bipartisan bill significantly addressed the legal immigration numbers, which are far too low.

Of course, Democrats don't care either because there's enough illegal labor that its not as big of a deal as it would otherwise be, but they are clearly not interested in changing the status quo. But again, the status quo is better than a decreasing population.

Old 05-09-2024, 10:11 AM

6,515 posts, read 3,202,301 times
Quote:

Old 05-09-2024, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Clutch View Post
Oh I am 100% with you, I've lived in Texas for a long time, and worked with construction workers as well. The times you will see a black or white American on those crews are few and far between.

I'm not and probably never will be that concerned about illegal immigration because the country needs the labor and frankly is nowhere close to full. I would definitely prefer if there was a large increase in the "legal" immigration numbers though - its much cleaner and would result in a lot less death associated with coming to the US. It also would better control the number of truly bad people that manage to get here.

But if the choice is essentially no immigration and a falling population rate vs. illegal immigration, I'm taking the latter every time because its better for the country long term. There's clearly a lot of older people who are retired and don't really care about the economy who would prefer a falling population, but as a working person I prefer actually having economic growth and customers to sell things to.
The reason you see less white and black Americans doing construction jobs is that they can't compete with the low wages that the builders are offering illegal aliens to do them but that's ok with you? Americans used to get paid a decent wage for construction work and they could feed their families doing them but illegals taking those jobs from them is ok with you along with the greedy builders increasing their profits? WTH?

We don't need legal or illegal labor for low paying jobs as those worker's social costs have to be subsidized by the taxpayer. Rampant illegal immigration brings a whole host of other problems to.

Every heard of the carrying capacity of a nation? Well we are full right now. It's not just about land space but our natural and social resources to that are being stretched thin.

I couldn't care less if these illegals are dying trying to coming here. When they risk their lives to break the law and to take from others what doesn't belong to them I feel no sympathy for them.

The problem is that we have far too many low paying, duplicate businesses in our country not a real shortage of labor.

No, importing millions of illegal aliens is NOT better for our country in the long term. What about our immigration laws do they mean nothing to you? I am a retired person and I do care about our economy but not one that is so bloated that we have to import millions of foreigners legally or illegally to work low paying jobs that aren't even necessary.

You don't have enough Americans to sell things to? If these illegals were removed from our country Americans in turn would have more money to buy things instead of having to contribute to the over $150 million a year that illegals cost us. They would get their once good paying jobs back to.

Instead of thinking only of your own desire for more profit how about respecting our immigration laws and considering how illegal immigration is hurting most American workers/taxpayers?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration