Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2024, 10:11 AM

136 posts, read 69,699 times

Advertisements

The only sad thing about the whole immigration issues is the majority is stemming from doing it "Illegally" in the current process. It's a flood instead of a trickle. The worst part is plenty of the not good types are also entering (drug dealers, murderers, criminals of all types) which are NOT being vetted. I do agree so many immigrants are great workers and helpful folks. But that's not what's been flooding in over the last few years. Our entire immigration process is so broken it's absurd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2024, 10:16 AM

21,760 posts, read 16,390,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UniversalTraveler View Post
The only sad thing about the whole immigration issues is the majority is stemming from doing it "Illegally" in the current process. It's a flood instead of a trickle. The worst part is plenty of the not good types are also entering (drug dealers, murderers, criminals of all types) which are NOT being vetted. I do agree so many immigrants are great workers and helpful folks.But that's not what's been flooding in over the last few years. Our entire immigration process is so broken it's absurd.
Of course you have actual evidence of this to share from AM Talk Radio sources I presume …

Old 05-01-2024, 02:35 PM

1,258 posts, read 1,060,427 times
I live in the Antelope Valley (Palmdale) and we've had a pretty significant influx of Caribbean Hispanics over the past decade: Cubans, Puerto Ricans, Dominicans. Also, lots of Colombians and Venezuelans, Syrians and Armenians.

This is in addition to the pre-existing majority-Latino population of the area.

Old 05-01-2024, 03:37 PM

4,327 posts, read 6,294,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
IDK if this is off-topic, but....in whose world is Uber/Lyft driving a real job? One that pays much of anything at all, to say nothing of providing a livable income? It was challenging enough for taxi drivers to make a livable income. I can't imagine how Uber/Lyft can be anything but some kind of supplemental income for pocket change or something.
Not sure, but you have to do what you have to do. Many of them that I've met live in Sacramento or elsewhere in the valley. They drive to SFO to pick up fares because they can make a lot of money in the Bay Area. Sounds like a crazy work life balance but you have to do what you can to make ends meet. I've also met some others who have full time corporate jobs but do this on the side (evenings or weekends) to make extra money, given the high cost of living.

Old 05-01-2024, 04:46 PM

136 posts, read 69,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulemutt View Post
Of course you have actual evidence of this to share from AM Talk Radio sources I presume …
I KNOW you are more intelligent than one to be ignoring a number of reports of murders and car theft and prostitution rings the Venezuelans That have entered illegally have been foisting on us? Having nothing to do with radio or tv. If not that must be some rock you're hiding under And don't go requesting proof or links to the plethora of articles about them. Go right ahead and do a simple search. it's easy. Try Google. LOL. Start with Northern Illinois and Chicago. They are getting it full swing being the wonderful sanctuary state they are.

Old 05-01-2024, 05:07 PM

Quote:
I KNOW you are more intelligent than one to be ignoring a number of reports of murders and car theft and prostitution rings the Venezuelans That have entered illegally have been foisting on us? Having nothing to do with radio or tv. If not that must be some rock you're hiding under And don't go requesting proof or links to the plethora of articles about them. Go right ahead and do a simple search. it's easy. Try Google. LOL. Start with Northern Illinois and Chicago. They are getting it full swing being the wonderful sanctuary state they are.
Uh no. You wrote that: “ … plenty of the not-so-good types … [are what’s been *flooding* over the border] …. I suggest you provide the readers with evidence to back that up. Not ‘instances’ you’ve found … provide statistics … you know, of *flooding* over the border. You’re proposing big numbers in terms of percentages. I don’t know if that’s true. Show me. There’s plenty of bad guys everywhere. Show the readers that *floods* of them are coming from Venezuela and Honduras, et al.

Old 05-01-2024, 05:35 PM

42,864 posts, read 26,345,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by As Above So Below... View Post
I have heard sentiments like that from Mexican-Americans/Mexicans who are from the Alhambra, El Monte, Rosemead area. Mostly complaining about the huge increases in price and they feel theyve been driven out.
What does what I said have to do with what I said?

Old 05-01-2024, 10:14 PM

117 posts, read 49,706 times
Quote:
The only sad thing about the whole immigration issues is the majority is stemming from doing it "Illegally" in the current process. It's a flood instead of a trickle. The worst part is plenty of the not good types are also entering (drug dealers, murderers, criminals of all types) which are NOT being vetted. I do agree so many immigrants are great workers and helpful folks. But that's not what's been flooding in over the last few years. Our entire immigration process is so broken it's absurd.
What your describing is not an accident of course….. it’s all planned

Old 05-01-2024, 11:01 PM

1,835 posts, read 816,298 times
Default r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
IDK if this is off-topic, but....in whose world is Uber/Lyft driving a real job? One that pays much of anything at all, to say nothing of providing a livable income? It was challenging enough for taxi drivers to make a livable income. I can't imagine how Uber/Lyft can be anything but some kind of supplemental income for pocket change or something.

I know a single guy in his 40's in San Diego who "stacks" apps, i.e. does Uber but also delivers DoorDash, Instacart, etc. He takes the best-paying requests. It's the only work he does & he owns a condo & nice car for his work. So, it can be done.

Old 05-01-2024, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colobound65 View Post
What your describing is not an accident of course….. it’s all planned
Aha! Now we’re getting down to the nuts and bolts! ‘Specially the former!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration