Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 05:36 AM

59,199 posts, read 27,388,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Exactly, and birthright citizenship (which I don't personally like) is in the constitution and it's unlikely that Trump can wave his magic wand and change it. And despite the enormous cost of catching, imprisoning and transporting 'illegals' out of the US, it would leave in it's wake farms, meat processing plants, hotels, restaurants and long term care health facilities without workers - what will Trump do then, force citizens to do those jobs?
"and it's unlikely that Trump can wave his magic wand and change it."

Why not, biden and other dems do it all the time.

Old Yesterday, 07:53 AM

8,354 posts, read 2,974,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Exactly, and birthright citizenship (which I don't personally like) is in the constitution and it's unlikely that Trump can wave his magic wand and change it. And despite the enormous cost of catching, imprisoning and transporting 'illegals' out of the US, it would leave in it's wake farms, meat processing plants, hotels, restaurants and long term care health facilities without workers - what will Trump do then, force citizens to do those jobs?
Nonsense. I live in the Midwest and farmers here are White as are hotel workers, gardeners, construction workers, etc.

If your hotels, restaurants, etc. are full of illegal invaders and they get deported those facilities will have to hire those that are here legally or shut down.

Hiring illegals is against the law and I have and will gladly report any facility that does it. When I was living in Southern California there was a website called WeHireAliens. Back then (2005) you didn’t want the name of your business in that list.

Enforcing existing immigration laws isn’t “controversial”. We need to start locking up politicians that don’t abide by existing immigration laws. Illegal invaders are being used as pawns. We need to deport but more importantly we need to go after these crooked traitor politicians.

A 10 year minimum prison sentence for these politicians would do wonders for invasion numbers. Also fine those that hire or harbor illegal aliens. I don’t see that happening with this treasonous and highly destructive admin.

I expect the Trump admin to put a stop to the destruction.

Old Yesterday, 12:54 PM

6,480 posts, read 3,170,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"and it's unlikely that Trump can wave his magic wand and change it."

Why not, biden and other dems do it all the time.
Well stated!!

Old Yesterday, 04:23 PM

2,973 posts, read 3,536,967 times
There is nothing controversial about it.

Old Today, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I am aware that sometimes illegal aliens marry U.S. citizens. The plural was used when both parents are illegal aliens. However, yes I would rather that both parents be citizens in order for their newborns to be birthright citizens. It's just my preference.

Americans have always done manual labor jobs out in the hot sun until millions of cheap illegals took those jobs from them by working for less. Where have you been? Why should an American do those jobs for a minimum wage just to increase their greedy employers profits? Are you for real? Construction and many other manual labor jobs deserve more than a minimum wage. Our standard of living is very high in this country and Americans have families to support.

Why in the world would you defend lawbreaking and Americans being put out of work by these illegal aliens? Is it because you come from Hispanic roots and you have a tribal mentality that trumps our immigration law? There are no jobs that Americans won't do for a fair wage!

Illegal workers do not keep costs down for the consumer/taxpayer. They cost us over $100 billion a year! Educate yourself on this issue.
"just to increase their greedy employers profits? Are you for real?""
Are YOU for real?

I am so tired of people making all sorts of allegations.

"ALL business owners are "greedy"

Yet I'd bet not a one ever turned down a raise!

Can we call YOU greedy for accepting that raise?

These people have NEVER taken the huge risk in starting a business, yet seem to know how a business works.

Properly government "workers"!

Old Today, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
How many times are you going to ask this type of question, when you'd already received many responses to it after the first time you'd asked?

Construction generally paid fairly well, until illegals took the jobs and depressed the wages.

It used to be that a citizen would do those jobs and put a roof over their family's heads and food on the table. Not so much now thanks to illegals.
"Construction generally paid fairly well, until illegals took the jobs and depressed the wages."

I know several who started and ran construction business's for years with local labor and went out of business and lost many contracts they were applying for due the cheap labor others were using.

Old Today, 07:35 AM

63,000 posts, read 29,203,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"just to increase their greedy employers profits? Are you for real?""
Are YOU for real?

I am so tired of people making all sorts of allegations.

"ALL business owners are "greedy"

Yet I'd bet not a one ever turned down a raise!

Can we call YOU greedy for accepting that raise?

These people have NEVER taken the huge risk in starting a business, yet seem to know how a business works.

Properly government "workers"!
We are on the same page on this issue so I don't understand your snarky remarks. It's not an allegation to state that the greedy employers hire illegals to increase their profits. Not all employers don't abide by the law though and yes those who hire illegal aliens are making it difficult for the law abiding businesses to compete.

Old Today, 07:58 AM

42,864 posts, read 26,331,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYLIER View Post
Are you saying that all of these businesses have hired illegals to work for them? Isn't that against the law? Are you sure the people working at these places aren't here legally? I know that temporary visas are given to help companies. I know a company that hires Jamaicans for the summer and then they go back home, as they should. There are ways to benefit both the company and people that come over to make money for their families. There is no need for them to trespass and be a financial burden on US citizens.

The massive number of illegals that have come threw our border must be sent back. We don't know who they are and what their purpose for being here is. A group of young Chinese men that were clearly sent here by their communist gov't is dangerous for our country.
Most of those industries hire illegal immigrants,
Quote:
“Somewhere between 30 and 50 percent of the meat-packing workforce is made up of undocumented workers from Mexico, Guatemala, and El Salvador as well as immigrants from East African nations,” Orrell wrote.(5nbcfw)
Part of the problem is that H2a & H2b programs do not provide full time, year round workers - they provide seasonal labor. And not only do those industries that I mentioned hire illegals, they are now hiring children: https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/may/09/nebraska-slaughterhouse-children-working-photos-labor-department

Old Today, 11:55 AM

1,588 posts, read 1,132,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grainraiser View Post
It will work out as well has his wall. Once again he is writing checks his but can't cash. We have been down this road before.
Biden officials gave notice back in October 2023 that it intends to waive 26 laws and regulations in order to “take immediate action” to build 20 miles of new barrier wall in Starr County, Texas. If they don't work, why is Biden building one?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration