Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2024, 09:46 AM

1,056 posts, read 1,279,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by H'ton View Post
I'm sorry, I didn't realize you were a Native American.

Which tribe, may I ask?

Those are the only people who are NOT recent immigrants...everyone else, our families immigrated her from somewhere.
I am a United States Citizen, born and raised in the US. I don't know of any other country but the one I was born in. It isn't my fault that Native Indians lost the battle.

What is the definition of "recent" to you? When my ancestors came to this country, they stepped onto US soil and didn't live off the gov't teat. They didn't do anything illegal by coming here so there was no reason for them to hide. Everyone welcomes legal immigration. Only the people that are using illegals for cheap labor or to benefit a political party agenda want open borders. But you know that already. I'm sure I'm not the only one that has mentioned that to you.

Old 04-30-2024, 09:49 AM

11,583 posts, read 6,052,540 times
It is only "controversial" to the Left and their propaganda media arm. It is sensible to everybody else.

Old 04-30-2024, 10:01 AM

1,056 posts, read 1,279,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Exactly, and birthright citizenship (which I don't personally like) is in the constitution and it's unlikely that Trump can wave his magic wand and change it. And despite the enormous cost of catching, imprisoning and transporting 'illegals' out of the US, it would leave in it's wake farms, meat processing plants, hotels, restaurants and long term care health facilities without workers - what will Trump do then, force citizens to do those jobs?
Are you saying that all of these businesses have hired illegals to work for them? Isn't that against the law? Are you sure the people working at these places aren't here legally? I know that temporary visas are given to help companies. I know a company that hires Jamaicans for the summer and then they go back home, as they should. There are ways to benefit both the company and people that come over to make money for their families. There is no need for them to trespass and be a financial burden on US citizens.

The massive number of illegals that have come threw our border must be sent back. We don't know who they are and what their purpose for being here is. A group of young Chinese men that were clearly sent here by their communist gov't is dangerous for our country.

Old 04-30-2024, 10:37 AM

63,001 posts, read 29,203,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Exactly, and birthright citizenship (which I don't personally like) is in the constitution and it's unlikely that Trump can wave his magic wand and change it. And despite the enormous cost of catching, imprisoning and transporting 'illegals' out of the US, it would leave in it's wake farms, meat processing plants, hotels, restaurants and long term care health facilities without workers - what will Trump do then, force citizens to do those jobs?
You're wrong. The 14th Amendment excludes the offspring of illegals aliens from our birthright citizenship. They have only been deemed so by a PC policy.

Who do you think did all of those jobs before millions of cheap illegals flooded our border and priced them out of them in collusion with their greedy employers?

Illegals cost us over $100 billion a year it's much cheaper to deport them. I abhor anyone who doesn't respect our immigration laws and defends and supports these illegal invaders.

Old 04-30-2024, 12:22 PM

10,242 posts, read 6,333,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
You're wrong. The 14th Amendment excludes the offspring of illegals aliens from our birthright citizenship. They have only been deemed so by a PC policy.

Who do you think did all of those jobs before millions of cheap illegals flooded our border and priced them out of them in collusion with their greedy employers?

Illegals cost us over $100 billion a year it's much cheaper to deport them. I abhor anyone who doesn't respect our immigration laws and defends and supports these illegal invaders.
You use the plural term :alienS". That is not always the case. Only ONE parent needs to be a US CITIZEN.
Change that to BOTH?

My neighbors in Florida. Grandpa was from Mexico and started his own roofing company. Was he an illegal? Become a US Citizen? No idea. He made it well known that when he died he wanted to be buried in Mexico among HIS people. The family flew his body there and all went to Mexico. I have no idea whether non-citizens of Mexico can be buried there.

His son, who was born here with a US Citizen Puerto Rican Mom, inherited the business. When we moved and need roofing done, he said he would do the job himself for us, rather than send out his crew. Very kind of him. How many AMERICANS want to get up on a 150 degree Florida roof and be paid Minimum wage?

Living in Florida I also saw Prisoner Chain Gangs picking up garbage on roadways. Maybe THAT is the solution? NO COST Labor doing jobs Americans don't want to do.

Old 04-30-2024, 01:31 PM

584 posts, read 308,647 times
Don’t let them confuse you with bs, everything dems do is based on more votes for themselves. Business leaders are longer term focused than avg joe’s so for three yrs they adopt policies businesses like then flip flop last yr to keep little avg guy joe voting for them.

Same applies to immigration and crime rates

Old 04-30-2024, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
You use the plural term :alienS". That is not always the case. Only ONE parent needs to be a US CITIZEN.
Change that to BOTH?

My neighbors in Florida. Grandpa was from Mexico and started his own roofing company. Was he an illegal? Become a US Citizen? No idea. He made it well known that when he died he wanted to be buried in Mexico among HIS people. The family flew his body there and all went to Mexico. I have no idea whether non-citizens of Mexico can be buried there.

His son, who was born here with a US Citizen Puerto Rican Mom, inherited the business. When we moved and need roofing done, he said he would do the job himself for us, rather than send out his crew. Very kind of him. How many AMERICANS want to get up on a 150 degree Florida roof and be paid Minimum wage?

Living in Florida I also saw Prisoner Chain Gangs picking up garbage on roadways. Maybe THAT is the solution? NO COST Labor doing jobs Americans don't want to do.
I am aware that sometimes illegal aliens marry U.S. citizens. The plural was used when both parents are illegal aliens. However, yes I would rather that both parents be citizens in order for their newborns to be birthright citizens. It's just my preference.

Americans have always done manual labor jobs out in the hot sun until millions of cheap illegals took those jobs from them by working for less. Where have you been? Why should an American do those jobs for a minimum wage just to increase their greedy employers profits? Are you for real? Construction and many other manual labor jobs deserve more than a minimum wage. Our standard of living is very high in this country and Americans have families to support.

Why in the world would you defend lawbreaking and Americans being put out of work by these illegal aliens? Is it because you come from Hispanic roots and you have a tribal mentality that trumps our immigration law? There are no jobs that Americans won't do for a fair wage!

Illegal workers do not keep costs down for the consumer/taxpayer. They cost us over $100 billion a year! Educate yourself on this issue.

Old 04-30-2024, 03:29 PM

6,479 posts, read 3,170,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
...........Illegal workers do not keep costs down for the consumer/taxpayer. They cost us over $100 billion a year! Educate yourself on this issue.
Bingo!!

Old 04-30-2024, 03:34 PM

23,747 posts, read 12,615,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Change that to BOTH?
How many times are you going to ask this type of question, when you'd already received many responses to it after the first time you'd asked?

Quote:

Construction generally paid fairly well, until illegals took the jobs and depressed the wages.

It used to be that a citizen would do those jobs and put a roof over their family's heads and food on the table. Not so much now thanks to illegals.

Old 04-30-2024, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
How many times are you going to ask this type of question, when you'd already received many responses to it after the first time you'd asked?

Construction generally paid fairly well, until illegals took the jobs and depressed the wages.

It used to be that a citizen would do those jobs and put a roof over their family's heads and food on the table. Not so much now thanks to illegals.

That's what these pro-illegals say all the time. They claim that illegals are only doing jobs that Americans refuse to do and then they expect them to work for low wages to compete with these illegal aliens for jobs. WTH?

As I asked, who do they think did all those manual labor jobs for a fair wage before millions of cheap illegals flooded our border willing to work for less while their greedy employers reap the profits? All you get is crickets from them.

It disgusts me to no end that anyone would defend these lawbreakers who commit felony ID theft or tax evasion to work here and take job opportunities away from Americans when they don't even have a right to be in our country. They and their greedy employers are equally guilty of breaking the law and both need to be held accountable. No one drags these illegals over our border to work here either. They know damned well they are breaking the law by doing so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration