Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2024, 07:11 AM

3,727 posts, read 2,551,518 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
How are unaccompanied children coming here without an adult? Where are their parents?
I talk (and wonder) about this often.. how our country is increasingly accepting the practice of Central American child abandonment. To me, it personifies the concept of the bigotry of low expectations.

To me, the first instinct would/should be to indignantly return these children back to their parents. Americans can't turn our kids loose, and dump them in to a caravan (no matter any supposed justification). We are expected to care for our kids, or follow a legal process for emancipating them, etc. But it's becoming accepted, the increasing number of Central American kids getting dumped in to American foster systems etc.
I've tried deep diving in to this issue, but really is convoluted. But an objective reality is that it is a numerically increasing practice. Kids traveling thru Central America, often in to the hands of coyotes, then in to foster care, and their parents don't seem to face any censure or consequence. I don't get it..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2024, 07:44 AM

62,868 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babe_Ruth View Post
I talk (and wonder) about this often.. how our country is increasingly accepting the practice of Central American child abandonment. To me, it personifies the concept of the bigotry of low expectations.

To me, the first instinct would/should be to indignantly return these children back to their parents. Americans can't turn our kids loose, and dump them in to a caravan (no matter any supposed justification). We are expected to care for our kids, or follow a legal process for emancipating them, etc. But it's becoming accepted, the increasing number of Central American kids getting dumped in to American foster systems etc.
I've tried deep diving in to this issue, but really is convoluted. But an objective reality is that it is a numerically increasing practice. Kids traveling thru Central America, often in to the hands of coyotes, then in to foster care, and their parents don't seem to face any censure or consequence. I don't get it..
I think in some cases that the parents are here already here illegally and these kids are being left in the homeland for family or friends to care for them until the parents get established with jobs, etc. and then they send for their kids and pay a coyote to bring them here. Either way we should not be allowing them into our country to re-join their illegal parents.

I don't know where this practice started whereby we are obligated to take in unaccompanied minors. They can't work and are a burden on our schools, housing, healthcare, etc. They are their parent's responsibility not ours. Even if the parent's are already here illegally they should be forced to join their kids in their own homelands not on our soil.

Old 03-06-2024, 08:18 AM

30,249 posts, read 23,719,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
https://www.theblaze.com/news/an-unh...-is-on-the-lam

EDWARD JOHNSON illegal from the Carribbean has been arested 65 times since arriving here! Now on the lam...law enforcement hunting him down.
Pictures of the perp? WHY do they not show a picture of someone 'on the lam'? Do they want these people caught or not?

Old 03-06-2024, 10:27 AM

19,822 posts, read 12,086,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Pictures of the perp? WHY do they not show a picture of someone 'on the lam'? Do they want these people caught or not?
Here you go.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...am/ar-BB1jfN2M

Old 03-06-2024, 10:32 AM

8,329 posts, read 2,959,252 times
Victim of illegal aliens memorial:

Victims of Illegal Aliens Memorial

Old 03-06-2024, 10:49 AM

10,073 posts, read 7,754,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Let's post all the felonies committed by illegals here, and see how long it takes to get to 10,000...

1) Raping a 14 year old girl, & stabbing man during robbery

https://www.foxnews.com/us/honduran-...epoint-robbery
It's going to be longer than the Biden Lies thread.

Old 03-06-2024, 12:46 PM

25,689 posts, read 12,772,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddlydudette View Post
It's going to be longer than the Biden Lies thread.
cant rep you again, but thx for posting this.

I wish every voter had to read your link prior to voting on Nov 5th 2024...& read this thread.

Old 03-06-2024, 01:03 PM

8,017 posts, read 5,853,160 times
When you fail to stop third world trash from coming into the United States, this is a potential outcome. It's a shame that the victims' families cannot pursue this matter in court against the administration, because clearly, the administration IS to blame in each case.

This blame all rests on Barack Obama and Joe Biden. Let's hope that the '24 election flushes the toilet on those two turds.

Old 03-07-2024, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
When you fail to stop third world trash from coming into the United States, this is a potential outcome. It's a shame that the victims' families cannot pursue this matter in court against the administration, because clearly, the administration IS to blame in each case.

This blame all rests on Barack Obama and Joe Biden. Let's hope that the '24 election flushes the toilet on those two turds.
Aside from all the deaths illegals are guilty of now and in the future, they also carried in enough Fentanyl to kill 250,000 Americans....more than were killed in Vietnam.

We need a new engraved marble "war memorial" to honor all of our fallen American's who died directly or indirectly at the hands of illegal immigrants. By 2030, we'll be up to 1 Million dead...mostly due to Obama and Biden.

Old 03-07-2024, 12:02 PM

Isauro Garcia Cruz

Kidnapping and sexually molesting a 15 year old girl, who was also an illegal.

https://wset.com/news/local/undocume...ice-march-2024

There are an estimated 84,000 children missing, & this is likely how most wind up..human trafficked, & sexually abused.

This is Biden's Border in action.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration