Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2024, 02:28 PM

23,457 posts, read 12,487,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
But the difference is that you didn't invade a country to avoid working, because you heard that everything would be free, right? Can you see the difference? Or, maybe you did exactly that and see nothing wrong with what you did. Either way, they need to go home and take their anchor babies with them!

And, they reproduce like rabbits in order to get more public assistance, and when one doesn't have to hold a job, they have plenty of time to fill making little public assistance dependents!
It's been almost 40 years since Reagan signed that bill. IF they were going to be a net positive in this country then they already would have been a positive. They were a drain then, they are a drain now, and that drain increases each and every year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2024, 03:45 PM

62,866 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
It's been almost 40 years since Reagan signed that bill. IF they were going to be a net positive in this country then they already would have been a positive. They were a drain then, they are a drain now, and that drain increases each and every year.
You're right. They are costing us over $150 billion a year so where's the net positive? Some like to claim that their offspring will be a net positive. In what way and based on what? Opinion? Poverty just breeds more poverty and more welfare dependents. Their culture doesn't value education either. They will be stuck in low waged jobs just like their parents. There are exceptions to every rule but not enough to change that fact.

Old 03-10-2024, 08:26 AM

6,412 posts, read 3,128,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
You're right. They are costing us over $150 billion a year so where's the net positive? Some like to claim that their offspring will be a net positive. In what way and based on what? Opinion? Poverty just breeds more poverty and more welfare dependents. Their culture doesn't value education either. They will be stuck in low waged jobs just like their parents. There are exceptions to every rule but not enough to change that fact.

Old 03-10-2024, 06:54 PM

25,939 posts, read 22,089,429 times
I am sure they are doing what they did in their mother countries, and the mother countries probably pointed them in our direction! It isn't just the taxes that cost us, or even the lives lost because of illegals/fake asylum seeker (same darn thing) either:

https://nypost.com/2023/01/24/migran...yre-convicted/

"The men, who are charged with stealing more than $12,000 in merchandise from Macy’s Roosevelt Field earlier this month, are getting a break because they are asylum seekers, not illegal immigrants who crossed the US border."

Gee, I could use $12,000 in merchandise, but darn it, I am a citizen, and would go to jail! I could also use one of those $5,000 debit cards, or maybe instead of building housing for illegals, they would build them for seniors, and I would benefit from that along with other seniors on waiting lists for housing, or the ones living on the streets, of which we expect more with the continued high prices of everything it takes to survive!

https://wgntv.com/western-suburbs/ve...k-brook-macys/

"OAK BROOK, Ill. —Two Venezuelan migrants now residing in Chicago are charged with stealing more than $2,800 worth of merchandise from a Macy’s store in Oak Brook, according to prosecutors."

https://www.theoaklandpress.com/2023...-us-illegally/

"The four Chileans accused of pepper spraying store employees, smashing display cases and stealing jewelry from Oakland County malls recently are in the United States illegally, as confirmed by a spokesperson from Immigration and Customs Enforcement."

https://dailycaller.com/2024/02/15/i...est-whiteland/

"At least three groups of illegal immigrants have allegedly stolen thousands of dollars of merchandise from businesses in the Pennsylvania town within the past month, WPVI 6 ABC reported."

When I googled, I was shocked at how many stories like above there are from all over the country, so by golly, it is true what I am hearing "Every state is a border state now."

Work? Seriously, work? Do you think they "worked" where they came from? Probably not, which is why they are now here. Keep in mind that millions of people are doing just fine in the countries they are coming from, yet these people show up here.

Old 03-11-2024, 06:19 AM

6,412 posts, read 3,128,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I am sure they are doing what they did in their mother countries, and the mother countries probably pointed them in our direction! It isn't just the taxes that cost us, or even the lives lost because of illegals/fake asylum seeker (same darn thing) either:

https://nypost.com/2023/01/24/migran...yre-convicted/

"The men, who are charged with stealing more than $12,000 in merchandise from Macy’s Roosevelt Field earlier this month, are getting a break because they are asylum seekers, not illegal immigrants who crossed the US border."

Gee, I could use $12,000 in merchandise, but darn it, I am a citizen, and would go to jail! I could also use one of those $5,000 debit cards, or maybe instead of building housing for illegals, they would build them for seniors, and I would benefit from that along with other seniors on waiting lists for housing, or the ones living on the streets, of which we expect more with the continued high prices of everything it takes to survive!

https://wgntv.com/western-suburbs/ve...k-brook-macys/

"OAK BROOK, Ill. —Two Venezuelan migrants now residing in Chicago are charged with stealing more than $2,800 worth of merchandise from a Macy’s store in Oak Brook, according to prosecutors."

https://www.theoaklandpress.com/2023...-us-illegally/

"The four Chileans accused of pepper spraying store employees, smashing display cases and stealing jewelry from Oakland County malls recently are in the United States illegally, as confirmed by a spokesperson from Immigration and Customs Enforcement."

https://dailycaller.com/2024/02/15/i...est-whiteland/

"At least three groups of illegal immigrants have allegedly stolen thousands of dollars of merchandise from businesses in the Pennsylvania town within the past month, WPVI 6 ABC reported."

When I googled, I was shocked at how many stories like above there are from all over the country, so by golly, it is true what I am hearing "Every state is a border state now."

Work? Seriously, work? Do you think they "worked" where they came from? Probably not, which is why they are now here. Keep in mind that millions of people are doing just fine in the countries they are coming from, yet these people show up here.
Well stated!

Old 03-11-2024, 08:56 AM

120 posts, read 130,825 times
Excellent book explains what is really going on at the border. Written by JJ Carrell INVADED
He was a border patrol. Mind blowing account.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration