Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2024, 06:58 AM

62,880 posts, read 29,110,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by txfriend View Post
You have no idea what you are writing about. Here in Texas, I contract with many

local companies for various jobs, including sewer replacement, roofing, fencing, walkway

replacement, tree planting, or swimming pool remodeling. The contractors that come to my house

is always a white guy. I had to pay high prices of $48K two months ago for the new sewer line, but the labor

force is all Latinos. Texas could not survive without them.
This forum is about illegal immigration not Latinos here legally so what's your point? Texas has a high concentration of both but they don't represent the entire nation. There are approximately 60 million Latinos both legally and illegally in our country combined compared to 270 million non-Latinos.

You sound like only Latinos will work labor intensive jobs and that's simply not true. It's just where there is a high concentration of them you will naturally see more of them doing those jobs. Unfortunately, many of them are here illegally.

Many contractors do hire a lot of illegal aliens to increase their profits. Texas nor any other state should survive on illegal labor. They are breaking the law and the business owners are discriminating against American workers by doing so. By the way, no ethnic group or race holds the corner of the market for hard work either. Being exploited by being here illegally doesn't necessarily equate to being a hard worker either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2024, 06:59 AM

1,931 posts, read 818,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txfriend View Post
I see it here all the time for every labor-intensive work, one white guy leaning against his

pickup truck and five Latinos doing all the hard dirty work.
The five laborers might also call the guy leaning against the truck "BOSS".

Old 02-27-2024, 09:09 AM

23,492 posts, read 12,496,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
True. My ancestors were not guilty of committing a misdemeanor. They did the required paperwork.
If your ancestors came here legally and had assimilated to their new country, didn't commit crimes, didn't depress wages and didn't live off of the American taxpayer then there was absolutely no reason for bringing up them up.

Old 03-03-2024, 11:57 AM

6,022 posts, read 7,826,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
We`re having an extended period of low unemployment numbers that haven`t been see since 1969 and we need workers. All 4 of my grandparents, my father and uncle were born in another country. The grandparents had kids who fought for your freedom in WW2 and worked in factories and put their children through college. Problem?
"stolen documents"
different time from now and those folks you are tlking about are the very people who got a leg up over others

Old 03-03-2024, 12:31 PM

20,099 posts, read 9,003,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
And there you have it straight from the horse's mouth, they aren't coming here to work and they don't want to work.

Reporter: Do you want to work?

Phony asylum seeker: No.

Reporter: Asylum?

Phony asylum seeker: Yes. Yes.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...um/vi-BB1iN5ko
Sounds like they'll fit right in.

I don't know what they're getting, but I don't see a mass exodus back to Mexico so it must be something.

Old 03-03-2024, 04:08 PM

6,416 posts, read 3,131,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Sounds like they'll fit right in.

I don't know what they're getting, but I don't see a mass exodus back to Mexico so it must be something.
I agree....

Old 03-09-2024, 09:22 AM

4,379 posts, read 1,694,272 times
Quote:
And there you have it straight from the horse's mouth, they aren't coming here to work and they don't want to work.

Reporter: Do you want to work?

Phony asylum seeker: No.

Reporter: Asylum?

Phony asylum seeker: Yes. Yes.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...um/vi-BB1iN5ko
I dont want to work either!

Old 03-09-2024, 10:02 AM

23,492 posts, read 12,496,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stone26 View Post
Lol. If you are a citizen and you don't work and "pay your taxes", then who is going to pay for all of their freebies? Hop to it, you have many millions of mouths to feed.

Old 03-09-2024, 11:15 AM

6,416 posts, read 3,131,876 times
Quote:
Lol. If you are a citizen and you don't work and "pay your taxes", then who is going to pay for all of their freebies? Hop to it, you have many millions of mouths to feed.
You got THAT right!!!

Old 03-09-2024, 11:51 AM

25,943 posts, read 22,094,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stone26 View Post
But the difference is that you didn't invade a country to avoid working, because you heard that everything would be free, right? Can you see the difference? Or, maybe you did exactly that and see nothing wrong with what you did. Either way, they need to go home and take their anchor babies with them!

Quote:
And, they reproduce like rabbits in order to get more public assistance, and when one doesn't have to hold a job, they have plenty of time to fill making little public assistance dependents!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration