Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2024, 09:47 AM

1,931 posts, read 818,606 times

Advertisements

[quote=xray731;66414497]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncole1 View Post
Why do anti-illegal-alien folks not realize that laws that prohibit issuance of driver's licenses to illegal aliens have effectively forced them to live in public transit rich areas since they cannot drive, and therefore are directly contributing to transit-rich cities being totally overwhelmed with such aliens?[/QUOTE

First what will they drive as they supposedly have no money. Then how can they drive when they obviously can't afford insurance and don't have the education many times to read the material and understand it even if it's given to them in their own language.

Lieberals are giving them the cars.

https://worldrelief.org/chicagoland/car/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2024, 10:13 AM

6,012 posts, read 2,835,083 times
Why do Democrats want to enable illegal aliens and incentivize more of them to come here? All the while, saying "we don't know why they're coming!"

Old 02-12-2024, 01:46 PM

31,897 posts, read 26,938,579 times
Quote:
Why do anti-illegal-alien folks not realize that laws that prohibit issuance of driver's licenses to illegal aliens have effectively forced them to live in public transit rich areas since they cannot drive, and therefore are directly contributing to transit-rich cities being totally overwhelmed with such aliens?
Do you honestly believe illegals who want to drive are bothered by not having a license?

Illegals have been driving without licenses, insurance and rest of it for decades. Only time things hit fan is if they are stopped by LE and or are involved in an accident.

When (not if) these illegals driving without a license and insurance are involved in an accident good luck to those otherwise involved. Unless state has some sort of fund that covers uninsured drivers (regardless of immigration status), and or good to excellent insurance you're SOL.

Old 02-12-2024, 01:48 PM

31,897 posts, read 26,938,579 times
[quote=xray731;66414497]
Quote:
Why do anti-illegal-alien folks not realize that laws that prohibit issuance of driver's licenses to illegal aliens have effectively forced them to live in public transit rich areas since they cannot drive, and therefore are directly contributing to transit-rich cities being totally overwhelmed with such aliens?[/QUOTE

First what will they drive as they supposedly have no money. Then how can they drive when they obviously can't afford insurance and don't have the education many times to read the material and understand it even if it's given to them in their own language.
A. Many of them do have money. In fact good number have more in their back pockets than you realize.

B. These illegals and or "migrants" have and are buying motor vehicles.

https://nypost.com/2024/01/11/news/n...-island-hotel/

Old 02-12-2024, 09:56 PM

6,350 posts, read 11,582,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
I can see you have a valid point.

It takes time to learn a new language and culture before you can safely drive in a foreign nation.

If you can not speak the local language, then you need social workers to arrange housing,
Hmm, I got off the plane in Frankfort Germany and drove through four different countries until I came to France where I know more than a tiny bit of the language. Yes it helped that I spent the first night with a friend of friend who gave me a half hour tutorial on road signs.

Just wanted to mention that your comment made me chuckle.

Old 02-12-2024, 10:57 PM

37,451 posts, read 61,360,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by creeksitter View Post
Hmm, I got off the plane in Frankfort Germany and drove through four different countries until I came to France where I know more than a tiny bit of the language. Yes it helped that I spent the first night with a friend of friend who gave me a half hour tutorial on road signs.

Just wanted to mention that your comment made me chuckle.
The last three years of my career, I served as Military Police in Naples Italia. We share joint-jurisdiction with the Italian authorities in accordance with their treaty of surrender during WWII. The US Navy hosts a cluster of military bases there which provide an airport, office buildings, warehouses, on-base barracks and 50 off-base government-leased apartment complexes for all of the families of those stationed there [roughly 10,000 personnel when I was stationed there]. Our Police department responded to all traffic accidents that involved any NATO personnel within a 100-mile radius. I have driven police cars with lights and siren, on roads older than the USA, I had men who lived in apartments on 'Via Domitia' [a road whose construction began in 116BC].

I do understand that it is possible to drive in a foreign land. It is a hurdle that some of us step right over and see it as excitement. But there are others who would see it as a brick wall.

Old 02-13-2024, 08:02 AM

43,052 posts, read 18,231,767 times
Quote:
Why do anti-illegal-alien folks not realize that laws that prohibit issuance of driver's licenses to illegal aliens have effectively forced them to live in public transit rich areas since they cannot drive, and therefore are directly contributing to transit-rich cities being totally overwhelmed with such aliens?
Not having a driver license is not stopping them from driving.

Lived in Texas for 25 years....and now, under Biden, coming to a city near you soon.

they are all in the cities because that is where DHS is dumping them...sanctuary cities.

Old 02-13-2024, 10:07 AM

1,693 posts, read 609,852 times
Quote:
Why is the left allowing and even encouraging the invasion of the country? Now they want to give people who are not familiar with our laws, many don’t speak our language drivers license? What could go wrong? The left has been revealed as wanting ZERO border controls. This is and will continue to fundamentally change the country for the worse. You cannot allow untold numbers from uncivilized countries who don’t speak the native language and not expect trouble. The left is brain damaged.

Besides all of that, you voted for illegals, YOU deal with the aftermath. You wanted to be a sanctuary city, YOU live with the consequences. Don’t ask anyone else to.

Old 02-13-2024, 10:12 AM

7,810 posts, read 6,387,950 times
We don''t want these parasitic losers in the suburbs. They belong in internment camps. We were told they would be busy picking fruit and cleaning toilets.

Old 02-13-2024, 11:15 AM

37,451 posts, read 61,360,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
We don''t want these parasitic losers in the suburbs. They belong in internment camps. We were told they would be busy picking fruit and cleaning toilets.
Everyone seems to have a different idea of what a 'suburb' is. If a city has an office of social workers to help illegals file for benefits, that is NOT a suburb in my mind, that is a city.

These illegals are not going to wander anywhere without the assistance of Social Workers to connect them to benefits.

Where Social Workers exist that is where these illegals will be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration