Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2024, 12:46 AM

30,616 posts, read 18,198,614 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
^^^^My rep and senators are all worthless democrats. I've written to them all many times. My rep never answers me. He could at least have his staff send out form letters, but no. My senators have answered with lots of word salad that basically says they support illegal immigration and amnesty.
Welcome to the club. My home state (NY) representatives are just as useless and pro illegal immigration as the represents of the state that I live in (HI). I will say that the NY politicians are at least paying lip service to people's concerns as the problem is at their front door. But HI? An isolated group of islands where shipping illegals would be cost prohibitive, the Dems here still tow the radical, party line.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2024, 06:08 AM

19,017 posts, read 14,191,607 times
WRONG MOVE.
Tell CONgress to pass legislation that stymies the Presidential discretion to ignore enforcing the existing law.

Oh, right, we're under a STATE OF EMERGENCY since 1933.
Maybe we should tell CONgress to end THAT, too!

Old 01-24-2024, 02:03 PM

25,943 posts, read 22,094,372 times
We have Sen. Marshall:

https://www.marshall.senate.gov/news...-fox-business/

“They create a crisis. Then they try to solve it. In this case two crises, 10,000 illegal aliens came across the border, wandering the country eating up social programs. And then the other prices they’ve created is decreased recruiting. They’ve gone so woke that our recruiting numbers are down and then they’re going to try to solve it with this. It makes no sense to us. This is hurting our military. This toxic concept hurts our military as long as they’re focused on pronouns rather than lethality.”

https://www.marshall.senate.gov/news...ien-transfers/

Specifically, Senator Marshall’s legislation would require federal agencies to notify the governor and members of the local government when a migrant is being transported to that state and community. The notification must include the following information about the transported alien:

o His or her legal name, country of origin, age, and sex;

o Any crimes for which the alien has been convicted; and

o Any criminal gang with which such alien is or has been affiliated; and

o The types of security screenings that have been performed with respect to such aliens.

I guess I didn't need to mention he is a Republican in Kansas! My bet is that they don't even have that much information on the illegals that they haul all over the country.

Old 01-24-2024, 03:06 PM

2,277 posts, read 2,651,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
Massive protests are planned for NYC, Chicago, Los Angeles as well.

Thousands of Americans from all 50 states is planning protest at U.S-Mexico border part of TAKE OUR BORDER BACK BORDER RALLY.

In opposition to the open border disaster under the Biden administration, a coalition of Americans from all throughout the country announced the organizing of a major Southern Border Convoy and multi-city rally next month.

https://takeourborderback.com/

https://x.com/leadingreport/status/1...QbM1s43DhfrK6w
Actually, I don' understand why Biden is not in jail for opening the border.
Now he's saying it's Trump's fault. He (Biden) should be in jail. Why do we put up with this BS?

Old 01-24-2024, 09:02 PM

62,880 posts, read 29,110,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by inahandbasket View Post
So you’re blaming government officials for people who can’t control their emotions? “Your rights end at the tip of my nose.” Remember that? Maybe the protesters need to employ the much more effective method pioneered by Mahatma Ghandi of passive resistance, instead of blaming the LEOs. That goes for any protest, on any side.

Have you written to your representatives to advocate for fines/jail time for business owners who hire undocumented immigrant workers?
The Democrats refuse to sign a mandated e-verify bill so many times these illegals use fake or stolen ID's to get hired and the employers don't always know. When they are caught "knowingly" having hired illegal aliens though they are held accountable. There are several cases of it.

Biden and the Democrats refuse to secure the border and that also enables them to get into our country and work for cash to.

By the way, there is not such thing as an "undocumented" either.

Old 01-26-2024, 05:51 PM

14,047 posts, read 13,920,856 times
Breaking: Over 700,000 people expect protest at Mexican border next week from all 50 states and Canada protests are expect numerous American and Canadian cities. The numbers could hit 1 million. Protests could spread to European cities like London, Paris, Berlin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXGLk7h2KE4

Old 01-26-2024, 07:29 PM

62,880 posts, read 29,110,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPt111 View Post
Breaking: Over 700,000 people expect protest at Mexican border next week from all 50 states and Canada protests are expect numerous American and Canadian cities. The numbers could hit 1 million. Protests could spread to European cities like London, Paris, Berlin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXGLk7h2KE4
Now that makes a statement and well it should!

Old 03-28-2024, 02:39 PM

2,637 posts, read 1,173,205 times
I do agree protest when voting and take back our border but has anyone ever considered that if people didn't go to Mexico for vacations maybe they would not have had the idea to come to the US in droves. look at movies like Rust being filmed in Mexico so it is ok for the people from the US to go to them but not for them to come here. They had to have seen the money vacationers have to travel to them and spend it. What about tips some, not all but some, dole out on vacation not thinking how it looks to them like we are all rich.

Yes I do realize they stay and take advantage of free everything from our idiot government, they will eventually take jobs away that robotics will not do. They are already taking funds away from Americans on government assistance that will eventually run dry because there are only so many tax payers to be left to fund them.

I am just curious if anyone has thought about that.

Old 03-28-2024, 02:42 PM

2,637 posts, read 1,173,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Now that makes a statement and well it should!
If we ever flooded other countries with the intention to file for funds from their government we would shot dead on sight.

Our forefathers were idiots.

Old 03-29-2024, 02:15 AM

3,698 posts, read 1,361,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticking View Post
Maybe you should go. I read a lot of groaning, so attending an event designed precisely to represent your beliefs seems like a good idea.

Yes, I'd be in the camp of a good portion of the blame on a group of Republicans. This issue could have been rectified long ago with a bipartisan agreement, long before all these surges took place. We needed much larger quotas, and a certain brand of Republican refuses to accept that as true. We have been lucky to have found all these willing workers. If their countries weren't such a mess, they could have retained their workforces and competed more directly with the US, as it stands, we get a lot of their young able bodied/motivated people.
Lets put an end to your dumb gaslighting right now. Go to whitehouse.gov
https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-...tates%20Border

and read Bidens executive order of Feb. 2, 2021

It was a sweeping policy change that opened the floodgates of fake asylum seekers, it didnt just allow this mess it assisted and facilitated it.

Consistent with these principles, my Administration will implement a multi-pronged approach toward managing migration throughout North and Central America that reflects the Nation’s highest values. We will work closely with civil society, international organizations, and the governments in the region to: establish a comprehensive strategy for addressing the causes of migration in the region; build, strengthen, and expand Central and North American countries’ asylum systems and resettlement capacity; and increase opportunities for vulnerable populations to apply for protection closer to home. "

At the same time, the United States will enhance lawful pathways for migration to this country and will restore and strengthen our own asylum system, which has been badly damaged by policies enacted over the last 4 years that contravened our values and caused needless human suffering."

Dont you come around bsing us. We paid attention. Incredibly it seems you are completely ignorant of your own presidents official actions in writing that caused 100% of this problem.

The dishonesty of democrats is insane. You people need to stay home this november.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration