Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2024, 03:49 PM

35,000 posts, read 16,964,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anononcty View Post
Who promised them a rose garden again?
I want to know how largely ignorant and sometimes illiterate migrants decide spontaneously and in large numbers to take the arduous trip to the U.S. I seriously think some news person who speaks Spanish should interview some of the migrants and report on exactly what the migrants were promised and who made the promises. Too bad if it has to be conservative media.

I would not expect people, unless induced, to be able to come in the hundreds of thousands from isolated rural villages.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2024, 04:57 PM

Remember when they were coming in caravans wearing Biden T-shirts?[/quote]I don't like Biden but I doubt he told them to surge the border. He does want to be re-elected, after all.

Last edited by nancy thereader; 01-07-2024 at 09:18 PM..

Old 01-07-2024, 05:20 PM

344 posts, read 444,685 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ubVsfQ6pl0

Old 01-07-2024, 05:50 PM

163 posts, read 101,850 times
Republicans keep screaming at the top of their lungs "the border is open! The border is open!" If you don't want all these immigrants streaming in you don't go on TV all day every day with that message. I really think it's advertising and I don't appreciate it. Our media does reach other parts of the world directly and indirectly. Everyone needs to be repeating the message "do not come here." I have heard that message from the Biden administration but way too faintly. In the past 3 years I never hear republicans say it. They're always advertising the open border.

Old 01-07-2024, 07:15 PM

62,868 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I don't like Biden but I doubt he told them to surge the border. He does want to be re-elected, after all.
Actually he did while campaigning. Here's the video.

https://youtu.be/rYwLYMPLYbo?si=yyNtLD9hcAWFWth4

Old 01-07-2024, 07:19 PM

8,017 posts, read 5,853,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Actually he did while campaigning. Here's the video.

https://youtu.be/rYwLYMPLYbo?si=yyNtLD9hcAWFWth4
And of course, there's the infamous photograph of all of the idiot Democrats raising their hands when asked if they were for open borders.

https://i1.wp.com/caffeinatedthought...04%2C714&ssl=1

Democrats, and the idiots that vote for them, are the root of the problem.

Old 01-07-2024, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilacsnlocks View Post
Republicans keep screaming at the top of their lungs "the border is open! The border is open!" If you don't want all these immigrants streaming in you don't go on TV all day every day with that message. I really think it's advertising and I don't appreciate it. Our media does reach other parts of the world directly and indirectly. Everyone needs to be repeating the message "do not come here." I have heard that message from the Biden administration but way too faintly. In the past 3 years I never hear republicans say it. They're always advertising the open border.
Nope, they are coming here because Biden said for them to surge the border and because of his lenient border and immigration polices. The Republicans are merely reiterating that truth that's not advertising anything. Let's not pass the back here, shall we! We have a "virtual" open border under Biden. Yeah Biden says don't come but the word is out that all they have do is claim asylum to get into our country whether it's bogus or not.

Old 01-07-2024, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Nope, they are coming here because Biden said for them to surge the border and because of his lenient border and immigration polices. The Republicans are merely reiterating that truth that's not advertising anything. Let's not pass the back here, shall we! We have a "virtual" open border under Biden. Yeah Biden says don't come but the word is out that all they have do is claim asylum to get into our country whether it's bogus or not.
In fairness, that was Biden as a candidate on a debate stage, not as President.

Old 01-07-2024, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
In fairness, that was Biden as a candidate on a debate stage, not as President.
What difference does that make? Once he was elected they remembered what he said.

Old 01-07-2024, 07:26 PM

Quote:
What difference does that make? Once he was elected they remembered what he said.
I doubt that people in remote villages in Venezuela are archiving what a candidate says.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration