Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2024, 10:46 AM

11,046 posts, read 6,634,374 times

Advertisements

Now the Chinese are coming in droves, of all people. I was surprised to read this, and shocked they are coming through now established routes through Ecuador, where we retired. A whole system in place in the capital, Quito. A new gateway to the north.

I wonder if they are educated or mostly peasants....it sure costs a great deal to make the trip.

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/01/08/a...s-intl-hnk-dst
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2024, 11:00 AM

8,480 posts, read 6,880,671 times
Yep I read about that. Traveling around the world. From what I’ve read the economic situation is deteriorating for most people. No upward mobility for the lower and middle class unless you have some connection to the Communist Party.

There are thousands of Chinese including married couples who must leave their home towns in the provinces where there is no work for low paying factory jobs in the big cities. They leave their kids with grandparents and send back most of their pay back home.

They live in dormitories and never see their kids except for New Years. China spends most of its money on building up its military. It’s not just Mexico anymore but a worldwide flood of illegals escaping poverty and authoritarian governments.

Old 01-10-2024, 11:40 AM

11,424 posts, read 5,967,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
i think it does make sense when those corrupted governments in some third world banana republic to send their young working age males to the USA for 2 reasons
1) they would send remittance back home
2) nobody to fight the corrupted government
Not only ordinary young males but some countries release violent criminals from their prisons and bus them up to the USA where the pickings are much richer for the criminals. Part of the soaring crime in recent years is from nations south of our border sending their criminal class up here. Imagine if we could dump our worst criminals off on some other continent, instead of just releasing them on parole into our general population.

Old 01-10-2024, 12:07 PM

25,943 posts, read 22,094,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
In fairness, that was Biden as a candidate on a debate stage, not as President.
"Word of mouth"! Also, I heard the governments these people are coming in from encourage them to head to the USA. If they wanted to work, they passed through a few countries before arriving, so maybe those governments don't want them, and push them north. I know Mexico has jobs, but maybe they are looking for more, like free housing once they drop an anchor baby and many other benefits. Also, the ones that get in return to visit relatives, call them, email them.............Tell you what offer food, clothing and shelter for free to million people, and see how the word travels and the numbers swell.

Well, if actions speak louder than words, his actions have done everything they can to keep the border open for them, even in violation of our federal laws, and the obligation of the Biden Administration. How many times has a state tried to get the laws enforced, and Biden has fought it? Many, many times.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/biden-c...s-trump-plans/

"Washington — President Biden's 2024 campaign is staging a public messaging offensive on immigration policy to condemn proposals by former President Donald Trump that it says will trample on the U.S. Constitution, American values and the rights of immigrants, campaign officials told CBS News."

And, we all darn well know the rights of immigrants are not an issue, as they are here legally.

https://www.heritage.org/immigration...-who-came-here

"Instead of solving the problem, President Biden and Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas have found new methods to undermine the intent of Congress, while continually prioritizing and processing those who have entered unlawfully over those who follow the law."

Quote:
I doubt that people in remote villages in Venezuela are archiving what a candidate says.
Have you seen the people arriving and taken a long hard look? They don't look like they come from remote villages with their well groomed hair, nice shoes and clothing, and carrying some nice looking bags - ever seen what our homeless have in possessions and how they look.

Trump promises to enforce the law, and for there to be the biggest deportation effort in the history of our country. Biden is doing everything that he can to allow our laws to be broken, and hopefully, he pays for it when people cast their votes in November.

Old 01-10-2024, 12:28 PM

2,637 posts, read 1,173,205 times
Quote:
I want to know how largely ignorant and sometimes illiterate migrants decide spontaneously and in large numbers to take the arduous trip to the U.S. I seriously think some news person who speaks Spanish should interview some of the migrants and report on exactly what the migrants were promised and who made the promises. Too bad if it has to be conservative media.

I would not expect people, unless induced, to be able to come in the hundreds of thousands from isolated rural villages.
Megyn McCain did interviews years ago showing sick people coming into the US and they said they were told not to say who let them into the US. They were not from Mexico they were from another Country.

Also, I believe they are told by people in the US in websites they all go into to tell them what to think and how to get into the US. I know a lot of Spanish people in the US went into different sites and told complete strangers what it is like here and how to get here. Don't forget the leader or President of Mexico told his people in Mexico to come to America to get the free Covid shot after crossing the border. Notice many of them are dressed like they already live here which makes me think maybe some of it is just BS. I also suspect it started Pelosi along with illegal Spanish people making sure they flood the border in retaliation against Trump just to **** him off. They also didn't understand the "Spanish flu" was not an insult to the spanish it is just that was what it was called and they assumed Trump made it up. Shows how ignorant they are even after growing up in the US and are now in their 60's they still don't understand Trump didn't make that up.

Anyway It's a cross communication on the internet with relatives, strangers going online, the government and people from Mexico, Columbia already growing up in the US retaliating against the US saying no one tells us where to go and we can't have what you have in your Country.

Old 01-10-2024, 12:53 PM

37,451 posts, read 61,360,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staystill View Post
Megyn McCain did interviews years ago showing sick people coming into the US and they said they were told not to say who let them into the US. They were not from Mexico they were from another Country.
I live in a border state. During my cancer treatment, the waiting rooms are usually loaded with aliens who traveled here for free medical treatment not available in their own country.

But there are NOT Spanish speakers.

Old 01-10-2024, 01:37 PM

18,126 posts, read 25,269,498 times
Quote:
I want to know how largely ignorant and sometimes illiterate migrants decide spontaneously and in large numbers to take the arduous trip to the U.S. I seriously think some news person who speaks Spanish should interview some of the migrants and report on exactly what the migrants were promised and who made the promises. Too bad if it has to be conservative media.

I would not expect people, unless induced, to be able to come in the hundreds of thousands from isolated rural villages.
People in America underestimate the cultural influence the US has around the World.
Basically, Hollywood and US TV is what makes people think that everybody in the US lives like people on TV.

There's plenty of stories of people that came to the US and went back saying
"You have to work too much to live in the US"

Old 01-10-2024, 02:45 PM

62,880 posts, read 29,110,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steiconi View Post
My dad (a career marine) used to call this sort of logic "shove off mac, the boat's loaded" or "I've got mine."
Then your dad was wrong if he was referring to illegal aliens. A military man in particular should know how wrong an invasion is.

Old 01-10-2024, 02:51 PM

62,880 posts, read 29,110,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
Yep I read about that. Traveling around the world. From what I’ve read the economic situation is deteriorating for most people. No upward mobility for the lower and middle class unless you have some connection to the Communist Party.

There are thousands of Chinese including married couples who must leave their home towns in the provinces where there is no work for low paying factory jobs in the big cities. They leave their kids with grandparents and send back most of their pay back home.

They live in dormitories and never see their kids except for New Years. China spends most of its money on building up its military. It’s not just Mexico anymore but a worldwide flood of illegals escaping poverty and authoritarian governments.
I would never leave my kids and not be involved in their daily lives. Money is not more important than that. I would also never invade a country illegally just to fulfill my needs or make a bogus asylum claim like I need a job either.

Old 01-10-2024, 02:59 PM

2,637 posts, read 1,173,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Submariner View Post
I live in a border state. During my cancer treatment, the waiting rooms are usually loaded with aliens who traveled here for free medical treatment not available in their own country.

But there are NOT Spanish speakers.
Megyn had people who could and did ask questions but it wasn't the Mexicans she went to ask. I have no doubt in my mind it's the people living in the US going on the internet in every kind of site they can find to tell people flood the Mexican border to show Trump no one can stop us.

But I don't know who originally started this before Trump. My best guess is Pelosi because she insisted that America needs them. When she came right out and said on TV we need cotton pickers I swear my mouth just dropped open. That is her reason If that isn't racist I don't know what it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration