Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2023, 04:34 PM

26,053 posts, read 22,250,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
When the Mayflower arrived, Spanish speaking people were already here and they had been speaking Spanish for 42 years.
Totally different group of people, not people that wanted taxpayers to support them by dropping babies they could not support, not people that were escaping prosecution in their own countries for heinous crimes committed in those countries, not people distributing fentanyl or selling children and women into the sex trade or domestic service of the wealthy.................Spanish isn't the problem, illegal aliens and fake asylum seekers that speak foreign languages and come in as a burden to the taxpayers is the problem!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
Great, there are 6 Republicans that aren't White Christians.

The Democrats of today are not the same as the Democrats of the 1860's, who would all be Republicans now. Times change, as do political beliefs.

The problem with the right and the GOP is, as my Dad used to say(he hasn't said much since he died), they don't give a crap about people, especially people who are different than themselves. If they did actually care about people, they would look at what drives people to undertake a dangerous journey across a couple of thousand miles of unfriendly territory instead of just condemning them as "looking for free stuff". The right's ancestors came to America to find a better life, but since they have theirs, they want to stop anyone else from doing the same thing. It's the same attitude that stopped Chinese immigration, treated the Irish badly, looked down on the Italians, all while also being angry that Blacks were freed from slavery.
Biden, the Clintons, Johnson, just off the top of my head were/are notorious racists, and what party do they belong to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovelyone777 View Post
I agree. America should've stayed as it was (demographic wise) 80 years ago. There's too many ethnicities, languages, religions, and people period. At least there were similarities/commonalities with the main groups who've been in the US before the borders busted open.
Originally people came ready to support themselves and built the country, and they were assets. Legal immigrants learn the language, and generally work to get citizenship. They meet very stringent rules and requirements to be here. The illegals and fake asylum seekers must go, as they are nothing more than a burden at a time we cannot take care of our own.

Detain and deport per the law. So easy to just get it done. Schools, all medical facilities, all governmental offices be made MANDATED reporters. The National Guard on the border until it can be properly secured.

Of course, Step 1 for this is boot Biden and all the other Dems as far from the WH as possible, and hold the line!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2023, 05:16 PM

63,127 posts, read 29,311,495 times
What a load of crap that the Republicans don't give a crap about people of different races/ethnic groups. If they are here legally, have assimilated into our society and are pulling their own weight the Republicans have no problem with them.

It doesn't matter what drives people to come here illegally they have no right to do that as it's a violation of our immigration laws! What part of that don't these bleeding hearts that constantly pull the race card get? This isn't about race it's about our laws! Making a dangerous trip to violate our immigration laws is something admirable? Huh? It doesn't matter if they are looking for free stuff or that they want to work here either? They have no right to come here!!!!!

Most of our ancestors and not just those on the right came here under the immigration laws in place at the time. They didn't sneak in here like thieves in the night! No one has the right to do that just because they want a better life! Geezus!

There is no comparison to the past with the present invasion of illegal aliens and it doesn't matter whether some of these legal immigrants were disliked in the past. That isn't the case today for those described in my second sentence above. It's irrelevant to the discussion of illegal aliens anyway. One needs to stop bringing up the past to justify this "illegal" invasion today!

Old 10-01-2023, 06:29 PM

15,591 posts, read 7,630,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
What a load of crap that the Republicans don't give a crap about people of different races/ethnic groups. If they are here legally, have assimilated into our society and are pulling their own weight the Republicans have no problem with them.

It doesn't matter what drives people to come here illegally they have no right to do that as it's a violation of our immigration laws! What part of that don't these bleeding hearts that constantly pull the race card get? This isn't about race it's about our laws! Making a dangerous trip to violate our immigration laws is something admirable? Huh? It doesn't matter if they are looking for free stuff or that they want to work here either? They have no right to come here!!!!!

Most of our ancestors and not just those on the right came here under the immigration laws in place at the time. They didn't sneak in here like thieves in the night! No one has the right to do that just because they want a better life! Geezus!

There is no comparison to the past with the present invasion of illegal aliens and it doesn't matter whether some of these legal immigrants were disliked in the past. That isn't the case today for those described in my second sentence above. It's irrelevant to the discussion of illegal aliens anyway. One needs to stop bringing up the past to justify this "illegal" invasion today!
Why do you hate brown people who undertake dangerous journeys to try and improve their lives, in exactly the same manner as your ancestors did?

You seem to think that they should
  • Suffer in silence in their home country with no way to make their life better
  • Risk their lives by trying to overthrow their governments
  • Risk their lives trying to fight the cartels

You would do exactly the same in their position - undertake the journey to the US where life might be better.

Old 10-01-2023, 08:17 PM

4,454 posts, read 5,184,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WRM20 View Post
Why do you hate brown people who undertake dangerous journeys to try and improve their lives, in exactly the same manner as your ancestors did?

You seem to think that they should
  • Suffer in silence in their home country with no way to make their life better
  • Risk their lives by trying to overthrow their governments
  • Risk their lives trying to fight the cartels

You would do exactly the same in their position - undertake the journey to the US where life might be better.
Wow, condescending a little bit. They do have paved roads and electricity you know. SMH

If suffering means having two cars instead of one maybe.

If we’re talking about the poorest of the poor from those places wanting an easier(better sounds better) life with government safety nets, this country has no obligation to provide subsidy. In fact, at our level of debt, we can’t.

Americans can’t even fight runaway crime in this country. Not seeing poor Americans from low safety net red states running to blue states, let alone Denmark.

Pro illegals really do lay it on.

Old 10-01-2023, 08:50 PM

6,724 posts, read 5,974,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanQuest View Post
Wow, condescending a little bit. They do have paved roads and electricity you know. SMH

If suffering means having two cars instead of one maybe.

If we’re talking about the poorest of the poor from those places wanting an easier(better sounds better) life with government safety nets, this country has no obligation to provide subsidy. In fact, at our level of debt, we can’t.

Americans can’t even fight runaway crime in this country. Not seeing poor Americans from low safety net red states running to blue states, let alone Denmark.

Pro illegals really do lay it on.
One of the reasons they're coming is because Biden literally invited them. When the President says something, it gets broadcast all over the world. I'm not sure his handlers thought that one through.

Secondly, because instead of being arrested on crossing the border and sent back, as during Trump, they're basically questioned for a few minutes, then handed a bus ticket to the nearest big city and told "okay, you're free to go!" and they look at the BP agent and say "Um, really?" and he says "Yeah, go ahead."

Then they are assigned housing, sometimes a nice hotel, other times some kind of encampment inside a college gym or the like. But not outdoors, at least, and with meals and whatever medical care they may request. And they are given cell phones.

It's bizarro world.

If they were caught and sent back, or else incarcerated in prison camps, instead of treated like honored guests, probably they would stop coming, or at least slow way down.

Old 10-01-2023, 11:04 PM
Status: "I Choose Freedom Over Democracy!" (set 22 days ago)

1,375 posts, read 690,694 times
Now wait a minute! - I was told diversity is our strength...

Old 10-01-2023, 11:05 PM

9,019 posts, read 13,878,471 times
Quote:
No, they don't and where are you getting the notion that the Republicans have said that? Latinos don't even have the same language that we do.
Anti abortion,strong families. Most latinos after two or three generations vote republican anyway

What does language have to do with it?

Old 10-01-2023, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Well their voting records say otherwise. Most Hispanics vote Democrat.
Depends on the ethnicity.

Cubans and Mexican Americans that were here for generations vote republican.

PR,Dominican,and recent Mexican American immigrants vote democrat

Old 10-01-2023, 11:13 PM

Quote:
I grew up in a small town in the northeast. There wasn't much diversity there most were whites racially. Rarely heard foreign languages or different cultural practices and foods. I didn't find it boring at all because you felt at home with people whom you shared common interests, a culture and language. It was the same when I moved to So. Calif. back in the early 60's. It was more diversified but not swamped with it as we are today. Much of this I attribute to the 1965 Immigration Act and illegal immigration. We are losing our identity as a nation. We've become a mutt nation with no commonality or unification. I think that's why we have become so divided politically to.

Skin color/race is irrelevant in all of this it's about a common culture and language.

You say you grew up in the Northeast. Since everyone was racially white,were there Italians and Irish(who have a different culture than English Americans?)

I do not think white people should be grouped together.

The only region of the USA where I saw the same cultural practices was in the south between white and black people. They were one people if you ask me,save the skin color.

Old 10-02-2023, 06:04 AM

63,127 posts, read 29,311,495 times
First off, not all illegal aliens are brown and that isn't the issue anyway. Typical race/skin color card being played here. I wonder what part of most of our ancestors didn't come here illegally that some posters don't get? That is no comparison to the millions coming here illegally! Just wanting a better life is no reason to violate our immigration laws especially when it creates less of a better life for our own citizens by their presence here. As for the claims that I would do the same thing it's nothing but BS as I am a law abiding person and I wouldn't put myself above the rights and needs of the citizens of other countries by violating their immigration laws. I would apply to immigrate legally and accept their decision whether they wanted me or not. If I had no skills and was uneducated I would respect their decision to reject me!

I certainly wouldn't pass through other countries that offered me safety and a job just to reach the U.S. It's not in keeping with our policies for migration or asylum seeking. I guess the rules don't apply to these millions of these selfish, lying cowards though. It's all about them and their needs and to hell with the rights and needs of our own citizens. We can't be the flophouse and employment agency to the whole world that wants to come here! What part of that don't these bleeding hearts and ethnocentrics get?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration