Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2023, 03:42 PM

22,603 posts, read 47,707,443 times

Advertisements

Jealous that you saw Van! We were to see him in Vegas about a year and a half ago, but he backed out.
Saw the Rolling Stones in Pittsburgh on their last two stadium tours. The most recent one, I got club seats (under cover, bar, etc) for $206 each (fees included). It is a shame yours were so much higher.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2023, 07:02 PM

6,575 posts, read 6,746,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
Jealous that you saw Van! We were to see him in Vegas about a year and a half ago, but he backed out.
Saw the Rolling Stones in Pittsburgh on their last two stadium tours. The most recent one, I got club seats (under cover, bar, etc) for $206 each (fees included). It is a shame yours were so much higher.
Van's voice sounded just like his CDs! He's still touring. Good on you for seeing the Stones at a good price.

Van is playing Boston & Rhode Island this fall along with Vegas.

Last edited by Brave Stranger; 05-29-2023 at 07:11 PM..

Old 05-31-2023, 07:53 PM

35,103 posts, read 17,051,842 times
Two of my favorites, Gordon Lightfoot and Ian Tyson have permanently stopped touring. Jackson Brown is playing at the Beacon, from which I am banned. I may go see him in Bridgeport.

Old 05-31-2023, 10:57 PM

18,224 posts, read 25,871,803 times
Last week Jimmy Messina brought in his band into Grand Junction, was a great show. Did quite a bit of stuff from his days with Poco and of course his material with Kenny Loggins.

Will be seeing Dwight Yoakum next week, just learned that Herb Albert and his band will be coming to Mesa County. Sometime in early October. Am really looking forward to that one!

Old 06-01-2023, 05:32 AM

35,103 posts, read 17,051,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
Last week Jimmy Messina brought in his band into Grand Junction, was a great show. Did quite a bit of stuff from his days with Poco and of course his material with Kenny Loggins.

Will be seeing Dwight Yoakum next week, just learned that Herb Albert and his band will be coming to Mesa County. Sometime in early October. Am really looking forward to that one!
Did he do Poco's "Sagebrush Serenade" (I think) where the final words are "Colorado, Colorado"?

Old 06-01-2023, 08:13 AM

5,656 posts, read 3,162,770 times
My favorite concert was Genesis, and I think the year was 1978. It was amazing. To this day, I think it was the best concert I ever went to.

Other bands I've seen:
REO Speedwagon
Doobie Brothers
Peter Frampton
Jethro Tull
Rolling Stones
Carlos Santana
Sammy Hagar
Bob Seger
Little Feat (several times)
Emerson Lake and Palmer

And I'm a big fan of Zydeco music. My favorite Zydeco people are Chubby Carrier and the Bayou Swamp Band, and Dwayne Dopsie and the Zydeco Hellraisers. I've seen both groups several times.

Old 06-01-2023, 08:18 AM

22,603 posts, read 47,707,443 times
REO Speedwagon still sounds great, as do the Stones (both recently seen)

I also love zydeco. My favorite was Buckwheat Zydeco (seen several times), and I really like Jeffery Broussard & The Creole Cowboys.

Old 06-01-2023, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Chick View Post
REO Speedwagon still sounds great, as do the Stones (both recently seen)

I also love zydeco. My favorite was Buckwheat Zydeco (seen several times), and I really like Jeffery Broussard & The Creole Cowboys.
I believe Buckwheat Zydeco played at the Clinton's Innaugration gala, didn't he? I never did get to see him, but I think I HAVE seen Jeffery Broussard at one of the Zydeco Festivals in New Orleans.

I'm also a big fan of Nathan and the Zydeco Cha Cha's, and Boozoo Chavis, and Beau Joque...although I never saw Boozoo or Beau in concert. But I like their Zydeco a lot. Zydeco (for me) is one of the happiest styles of music out there. LOL

Old 06-09-2023, 01:33 PM

3,649 posts, read 4,505,314 times
I am sad because I have Social Distortion tickets for Aug 2 in Raleigh, but it just got postponed. I'm afraid they're going to cancel. Still going to see Sum 41 / The Offspring / Simple Plan with my brother in Charlotte in August though! Queens of the Stone Age just got announced at a venue close to my house, and I'm considering going. I only know their first record, but it's great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnazzyB View Post
My favorite concert was Genesis, and I think the year was 1978. It was amazing. To this day, I think it was the best concert I ever went to.

Other bands I've seen:
REO Speedwagon
Doobie Brothers
Peter Frampton
Jethro Tull
Rolling Stones
Carlos Santana
Sammy Hagar
Bob Seger
Little Feat (several times)
Emerson Lake and Palmer

And I'm a big fan of Zydeco music. My favorite Zydeco people are Chubby Carrier and the Bayou Swamp Band, and Dwayne Dopsie and the Zydeco Hellraisers. I've seen both groups several times.
Nice, I love that the Genesis concert experience stuck with you since 1978 as your fav, it must have been a show to see. I would have loved to see Genesis.

Old 06-09-2023, 01:57 PM

Nice, I love that the Genesis concert experience stuck with you since 1978 as your fav, it must have been a show to see. I would have loved to see Genesis.

I always say it was akin to a religious experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation