Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2016, 12:13 AM

1 posts, read 4,022 times

Advertisements

Now I'm getting bittenaked and it swelled up pretty big I do not know what bit me I think it's a spider as well because I see nothing on my bed and it only hurts when I touch it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2016, 03:13 AM

1 posts, read 3,968 times
Default Its probably gnats

Its probably gnats. They actually do bite and their bites can be dangerous due to infection that they carry. To get rid of them you can make a vinegar trap i.e. put some vinegar in a mason jar with holes in the lid.

Do gnats bite, *how to identify | Cover Images

Old 03-23-2016, 09:27 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,616,786 times
I killed a very strange critter on my bed a while back. It was yellow and black, bi segmented body, it had six legs, so it was an insect, and it had a large proboscus. When I killed it, it squished bright red blood in profusion, so, it had fed on either me or my dog. I was unable to find a bite site on me. As big as it was, 3/4 " or so, and as much blood it had in it, I figure it should have left a welt, so, it probably got my dog. I don't know what it was. Never seen the like. Similar to a sand spider, but it wasn't one, sand spipers are not parasites.

Old 05-14-2016, 01:11 PM

1 posts, read 3,800 times
For the past 2-3 weeks I have woken up to very itchy spots on various parts of my body which within hours swell and become warm. I've had a bite on my wrist, over my eye which swelled a lot and traveled from over the brow one day to my brow the next and my inner lid almost closing my eye the next. Someone mentioned that they could be spider bites but I haven't seen any. Last night I laid in my bed paranoid and thought I felt something crawl on my neck but when I grabbed the spot nothing was there so i assumed it was just my hair. When I woke up I was itchy in the spot on my neck and it was swollen as well as a spot on my arm that was swollen, became itchy and is warm. I have stripped my bed several times, even completely throwing away all bedding but I see nothing on my mattress, in the seams of my mattress, blankets, pillows, etc. I have looked under and through my furniture for spider nests or mysterious bugs. I do have two windows over my bed that I rarely put up but I've sat there with a magnifying glass and saw nothing. Please help cause I'm searching the internet and almost diagnosed myself with kidney disease.

Old 05-20-2016, 07:18 AM

922 posts, read 790,574 times
I have been having a similar issue. Something is biting me on my left elbow. No other bites anywhere, just my left elbow. I know it's not bedbugs because I have had them before and these bites are totally different. I suppose it could just be an allergic reaction to something I've touched, but I can't think of anything that only comes into contact with my left elbow.

Old 05-23-2016, 11:48 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,517,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoundedSpirit View Post
I have been having a similar issue. Something is biting me on my left elbow. No other bites anywhere, just my left elbow. I know it's not bedbugs because I have had them before and these bites are totally different. I suppose it could just be an allergic reaction to something I've touched, but I can't think of anything that only comes into contact with my left elbow.
How about driving your car? Do you rest it on something? I recently bought a wristband insect repellent bracelet. It worked well for me. I found mine at Kmart and ordered more from Amazon.

Old 08-01-2016, 10:45 AM

1 posts, read 3,475 times
I am having the problem of being bit only* on my arms at night, it's been happening for about a week or 2 now, and it seems to strictly only be happening in my room alone. Nobody else in my house is having this problem, my boyfriend spent the night last night & he got bit twice. This has been a big problem for me & I can't seem to figure out what it is. One morning I woke up & I had 8 bites on my fore arm kind've in a cluster, they're just red. They're very itchy! We looked ALL in my room and my bed for bed bugs, fleas , anything and we found absolutely nothing. We searched all in the seams with flashlights and everything and still nothing. We did a flea test in my room & nothing. I don't know what this is but please, someone help me. The bites have to stop, my arms look horrible! If anyone could help or give me advice that'd be wonderful

Old 09-07-2016, 02:45 PM

1 posts, read 3,387 times
No, and sorry me. These are not mosquitos, but small(very) like them. I prefer to wash the body with a sulty water. Or take shower with sulty water. Just minutes ago I've killed one of them. For sure it was not mosquito. It was very small.

Old 03-22-2017, 02:41 PM

1 posts, read 2,932 times
I currently have a situation on going for about two months it started with three bites on my stomach I assumed it was bed bugs since a patient at my work has them. How ever I have not found fecal stains or blood or seen any bed bugs I only have my matresss in my room and my dresser and tv everything else is in bags I have serched under the spring and mattress I even went as far as to having an exterminator come and look he said no bugs. Assumed it was mosquitos but these bites don't itch. After the first time of the three bites I was getting singular bites every other night. Then finally they stopped for about a week and a half. This past weekend I left on vacation came back and woke up with three bites on my back. And one on my stomach The bites are also only happening on my stomach and back never On hands or legs or my face everyone in my family thinks I'm going crazy and my boyfriend sleeps with me he has no bites what so ever. This morning I found a small dead spider on my carpet could that be what it is? Please help!!

Old 03-23-2017, 08:02 AM

4,901 posts, read 8,747,912 times
Have you been working in the yard lately? I always get at least one bite, usually more, from chiggers when I get out in the yard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness