Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 03:34 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,785,743 times

Advertisements

Do you have any live plants in the bedroom? An old friend was having problems and turned out there were mosquitoes living in the plant water.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2011, 08:58 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,457,116 times
If it is bedbugs you want to vacuum your mattress and the seams; wash the sheets, night clothes and make sure to dry it in hot hot heat or put it in a plastic bag in your car and let your car bake in the sun for some hours to kill any that might be lingering. Treat your mattress with an anti-bed bug spray or powder and the area around your bed.

Old 05-14-2011, 09:24 AM

2,358 posts, read 5,982,634 times
Do you have any bird nest near/on your house. I did a few years ago and got a horrible case of bird mites. In the nest, they chose one nestling to attack. In a house, they chose one host (and that was me - lovely!) THey are more active at night and I'd wake up itching like crazy. It lasted several weeks. Here's a website to look at regarding these tiny creatures:Bird Mite Infestation

Hope you find your answer!

Old 05-15-2011, 04:57 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,018,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wbenford1629 View Post
I am being bit during the night. I have inspected my bed for any signs of bed bugs and don't see anything. I have used bed bug sprays all through the box springs and the mattress. I am continuing to be bit. I am at my whit end. I saw one morning a very very tiny red bug underneath my pillow. Had it not moved I wouldn't have realized it was alive. I am being bit about 3-4 times per night but not in the same area. Can someone please tell me what I am dealing with? I am sleeping on a air mattress and I am still being bit. I have dark circles under my eyes because I don't want to close them for fear of being bitten.

that sounds like a bed bug

Old 05-16-2011, 09:07 AM

8,568 posts, read 18,110,026 times
If it's bedbugs, and it may well be, then the only solution is a professional. Toss out the mattress, remove outlet covers, remove any carpeting or rugs, everything out of the closet, ceiling light cover, crevices of drawers, behind moldings, etc. Bedbugs live everywhere and even removal of mattress/box spring can leave them hiding elsewhere.

Old 01-15-2012, 07:26 AM

8 posts, read 333,969 times
Well well well guess what?

It was Bed Bugs!

I have forgotten all about this thread LOL...Thanks for all the responses.

Yup it was bed bugs.
I was sleeping with the net over my bed and I felt this hot steamy itch, it felt hot and exremely itchy, I jumped up and searched my bed and crawling on the net was a bug! a red bug! I took a closer look and it was a bed bug YUCK!!!!! I was freaked out!

I checked all the sheets, behind the headboards and everywhere I can think of and I still dont see any signs of them.

Old 03-22-2013, 12:55 PM

1 posts, read 10,456 times
i have been having tha same problem getting bit at night while asleep if i am fully covered up i don`t get bit been happening on and off for a while now i have looked everywhere cleaned bombed the room with differant sprays seems like nothing works so guess ur not the only one who has the problem i am out of ideas just want whatever is biting me at night to DIE!!

Old 04-15-2013, 06:15 PM

1 posts, read 10,372 times
I am having the same syptoms my arm is swollen like an orange in three different places its itchy my arm is so tight it is very swollen i been thinking its bed bugs too but my husband has no syptoms its only when i sleep i can fell my arm literally swollen i went to the er and they dont know what it is the just give me 2 shots but that dont work please somebody give me answers

Old 04-15-2013, 06:39 PM

6,617 posts, read 6,544,435 times
I was getting bites and kept checking, but I never did see one, but think we had at least one bedbug in our bed/bedroom. I went online and read that sometimes they select one person (me) and don't bite the other one (my hubby) for some reason. I guess the little b*stards are selective lol. I went online to see what the bites looked like and it described my bites (in a row on the abdomen, thighs, back, and upper legs. Every morning I was waking up to another few bites/clusters. It was a sickening feeling after reading about the horrors of people trying to get rid of bedbugs and not having any success.

Anyways, I decided to try my own tactics before hiring an exterminator to fumigate, etc. First, I bought two cans of household Raid and two boxes of Mule train Borax. (Borax works for killing fleas, so I figured why not bedbugs too?)

I removed all the bedding and washed it in hot water and dried it in a hot dryer. Then I vaccumed every square inch of my carpet, taking extra care to get right to the baseboards and around the legs of all my bedroom furniture. I also vaccumed, then lifted my mattresses and box springs and vaccumed in and around all the edges, wheels, railings, etc.

After that, I wound a scarf over my mouth, wore goggles on my eyes and sprayed every square inch of my carpets and used up both cans of Raid. Yes the smell was horrible and probably not too healthy, but I just kept going until I was done.

I shut the door and left the room undisturbed for about 3-4 hours. Then I shook the Borax carefully out on the entire carpet, between the mattress/boxspring, on the bed rails, around and on the wheels, layed it on THICK along every baseboard, and ESPECIALLY thick on the carpet around the perimeter of our bed to make a barrier between them and our bed. I spread it between my box spring and mattress. Also layed it on thick near any crack or crevass that a bedbug might hide in. I even put it along the top of our baseboards.
I then got a broom and swept the Borax well into the carpet just where my husband and I walk so that we kept it to the minimum of being tracked around. We also both wore slippers to keep it from sticking to our socks or bare feet.

I waited about a week before vaccuming everything all over again, but I never did get another bite, so I think I fixed the dirty little critter from multiplying. (touch wood)

That was two years ago, and I've never had another bite on me. This might not work for a house infested with them, but I truly think I killed the one (or howerver many) that were in our bedroom. I think if this is to work, you've got to do what I've described as SOON as you can to contain them in one room.
Good luck! Please reply if this helped (or didn't) help you. I might have just gotten lucky by using the Raid alone?

Old 04-16-2013, 09:51 AM

917 posts, read 2,005,198 times
I'm having a similar issus. I had bed bugs before and it seemed like I would stopped getting bit and then 6 months to a year later I'd wake up with bites again. An exterminator came last weekend and inspected the mattress and he said that he does not think I have bed bugs because he doesn't see any signs of them. He said I havent gotten it treated in over 2 years and by that time they would multiple quickly and they would be all over the place. Which makes sense I guess.

He said I may have carpet beetles which may be biting me and told me to vaccum anything.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness