Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 12:14 PM

4,250 posts, read 10,458,820 times

Advertisements

I think it's because I laid on the sofa and watched TV at an odd angle for hours. I've had this pain for a couple of days now and it's making it hard to sleep. I've taken Ibuprofen to no avail. Anyone have any ideas as to what this could be and how to take care of the pain? Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2009, 12:17 PM

7,079 posts, read 37,965,072 times
It could be lots of things...anything from muscular to gall bladder...

Old 12-09-2009, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viralmd View Post
It could be lots of things...anything from muscular to gall bladder...
Well, maybe I should make an appointment to see my Dr. then, thanks.

Old 12-09-2009, 12:38 PM

1,194 posts, read 4,130,804 times
It sounds muscular. Sometimes joint pain such as arthritus disguises itself as muscular pain too especially in the shoulder area. Cordizone orked for my wife but I am alergic to cordizone so I use a radio wave treatment....The same treatment I was given when I was playing football/basketball as a kid.

Old 12-09-2009, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synergy1 View Post
It sounds muscular. Sometimes joint pain such as arthritus disguises itself as muscular pain too especially in the shoulder area. Cordizone orked for my wife but I am alergic to cordizone so I use a radio wave treatment....The same treatment I was given when I was playing football/basketball as a kid.
I hope it's muscular. I went to the store and bought some of that Icy-Hot stuff. Put in on my shoulder and it helped for maybe 45 minutes. I am only supposed to do this four times a day maximum.

So, considering it hurts more each time I take a breath I called my Dr. I can get in tomorrow at 10:30. I hate to run to the Dr. for every little thing, but I DO have insurance and the co-pay is minimal. I guess I figure better safe than sorry. It IS making it hard to function and sleep. I would like him to give me a prescription for muscle relaxers but I know he won't do it. Thanks for your help.

Old 12-10-2009, 08:32 PM

14 posts, read 62,928 times
Try Deep Blue essential oil blend. It works great for me on muscle aches.

Old 12-10-2009, 09:25 PM

6,896 posts, read 22,554,696 times
Try a thermacare patch if he won't give you muscle relaxers. If its cold where you live it will warm you up nicely too. Beats trying to keep a heating pad on your shoulder since it sticks to your skin.

Old 12-11-2009, 04:31 AM

6,972 posts, read 6,901,297 times
Find out what the other symptoms are for gallbladder problems. Mine was a pain under the right rib cage, but shoulder pain is often another sign too. Your doctor will be able to run tests and find out. If it is gb, then Curezone.com is good resource for gallbladder and liver flushing if you are into that kind of thing.

Old 12-11-2009, 04:40 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,802,305 times
Have you thought about massage?

I used to have a lot of pain in my shoulder due to my days working as a cashier (repetitive motion) and I noticed as I exercised more, my pain went away.

I am pretty much pain-free. Every now and then it will hurt when my purse is on my shoulder for too long but I expect that.

I hope you find some relief. Muscle relaxers help but most days you have to take them before bed or when you expect to be at home for a while and don't plan to drive.

Old 12-11-2009, 07:31 PM

6,972 posts, read 6,901,297 times
The other thing to think about is that if we always carry a bag (handbag, laptop case, whatever) on one shoulder, our body will automatically compensate for this by raising this shoulder against the weight of it. Over time you will find that your shoulders become uneven and you can see this in a mirror.

Coupled with this, it may make your posture incorrect so that you are walking around with a twisted spine or with a lot of tension in one area. It may be a good idea to consider these physical points as well as more disease-type thoughts.

A good physio or chiropractic/osteopath can help in these circumstances. A spinal nerve may be trapped or pinched which may be causing the pain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness