Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 03:44 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,438,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisdol View Post

Oh yeah, after the tech blew out my vein, she came back with a butterfly. I can actually handle something a bit larger than a butterfly, but the first needle was enormous - I remember thinking that when she came at me with it.
The Red Cross won't even bother to try taking blood from me because my veins are so tiny and the needles they have to use are so big. When I was first diagnosed, I had to get blood drawn every 6-8 weeks for over a year until the proper dosage of thyroid meds could be determined. Still, it's a small price to pay in exchange for relieving my worst symptoms (the joint pain, migraines, anomia and chronic fatigue were the worst).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2010, 12:47 PM

1 posts, read 835 times
Default I am worried...what was the outcome?

I realise this post is a little old, but I would really like to make sure that the thyroid problem is going to be fixed safely. I am a true believer in natural
treatment Moderator cut: no ads
BUT if it is at a point where natural treatment will not be enough, then you could die. I realise you have been told this, but please can you let us know what you have decided to do and what the outcome is?

Thanks
Mia

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 08-27-2010 at 02:19 PM..

Old 08-27-2010, 03:24 PM

3,430 posts, read 4,335,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
I have had more than one person suggest that I might need to have my thyroid checked to see if it is functioning properly.

I have never had this done before and I would like to know what it entails before going to the expense of seeing a doctor. I am not interested in any testing that involves needles.

Can anyone who has had this done, please tell me what the procedure is?

Thanks

20yrsinBranson

You're going to need a blood test. How else could your thyroid function be tested. Its just a needle it will hurt for a split second and then its over and done with.

Old 08-27-2010, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Do you have to fast for this test?

No you don't. Normally you just have to fast for cholesterol and glucose.

Old 08-27-2010, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
No, I do not. I do not allow anything invasive to be done to my body. It looks like I am just going to try a kelp supplement and see if that is helpful.

Thanks to all for your replies.

20yrsinBranson
How is a blood test invasive. They are not cutting you open or injecting you with anything they are taking a little blood that is all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness