Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 07:49 AM

20,932 posts, read 28,414,875 times

Advertisements

I am 41 and when I was your age and younger my period would last 5-6 days and be real heavy the first 3 days. Now it's medium flow the first day and light for the next 3 days. My periods now run 3 to 4 days. I know my mom went through menopuase at age 46. Are you overweight? I ask because last year before I started to loose weight my peridos were so heavy I thought I was hemorrhaging. I had a D&C lost 52 lbs so far and my periods got back to normal just after a couple of months of loosing weight last year. Sometimes being overweight can make your periods irregular.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2013, 06:37 PM

1 posts, read 4,233 times
I am 28 year. My menses cycle is 28 days and nw is 25 what to kwn why and I ve having unpreotected sex with my husband

Old 08-05-2013, 07:47 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,250,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adebowaleoluwabunmi View Post
I am 28 year. My menses cycle is 28 days and nw is 25 what to kwn why and I ve having unpreotected sex with my husband
You are normal. A difference of only three days is not significant. Having unprotected sex would not change your cycle.

If you were on birth control pills before, that would make your periods 28 days apart. Then what you have now is your natural cycle.

Old 11-03-2014, 10:23 PM

1 posts, read 3,282 times
I am 27. My periods keep getting shorter. About four months ago I was having my periods last 4 good days, but each month that has passed I have lost a day so last month I only had it 1 good day and the 2nd day was a spot or 2 and that's it.. Does anyone know why this may happen? Please let me know thank you.

Old 06-29-2015, 07:19 AM

1 posts, read 2,865 times
I am 24 and my periods usually last about 7 days nut they have now shortened to 4 days. I am so worried. Could this mean I am pregnant?

Old 06-29-2015, 08:23 AM

2,827 posts, read 4,340,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by P08379 View Post
I am 24 and my periods usually last about 7 days nut they have now shortened to 4 days. I am so worried. Could this mean I am pregnant?

Google...... How to Use a Home Pregnancy Test

Old 11-26-2015, 10:11 PM

1 posts, read 2,639 times
I'm 35 and finishing my period now. I got it on Nov 24, today is Nov 26th and it's just about over. This is not my normal cycle. Why is this happening? Is it because of my age? And should I contact my gyn?

Old 11-26-2015, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole68147 View Post
I'm 35 and finishing my period now. I got it on Nov 24, today is Nov 26th and it's just about over. This is not my normal cycle. Why is this happening? Is it because of my age? And should I contact my gyn?
Every woman is likely to have some cycles when the flow varies in amount or duration. At 35, it would not be unusual to start having some cycles in which ovulation does not happen. Those cycles may be shorter or longer (counting from day 1 of one cycle to day 1 of the next), of shorter duration, and of lighter flow.

For now, you could just keep a calendar of your cycles for the next three months or so and see what happens. Record when each period starts and the amount of flow for each day. Write it down.

Old 12-08-2015, 02:19 PM

1 posts, read 2,581 times
Hi, I am 32 years old. I am married for around 3.5 years and so we thought of planning for a baby around 4-5 months back. Due to the age, we thought of consulting a gynae. I met her on the 10th day of my MC. She told me to have folic acid tablets and couple of others. I took the medicines for around a week but then while searching over the internet, I found on a web page that one of the other tablets she suggested must be avoided if you are trying to conceive.So I stopped taking them. Later that month, I had my MC on a regular cycle of 25 days with normal flow.
But after that normal MC, I had my AF twice and both started on 21st day of cycle. Moreover, the flow is not normal like before and only lasts for 2-3 days max with dark red/Brown light spotting and then little bit of small clots on day 2 and day 3 again very light. I am very confused since I want to conceive ASAP but not succeeding.

Thanks for reading all through this.

Old 12-08-2015, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarainsan View Post
Hi, I am 32 years old. I am married for around 3.5 years and so we thought of planning for a baby around 4-5 months back. Due to the age, we thought of consulting a gynae. I met her on the 10th day of my MC. She told me to have folic acid tablets and couple of others. I took the medicines for around a week but then while searching over the internet, I found on a web page that one of the other tablets she suggested must be avoided if you are trying to conceive.So I stopped taking them. Later that month, I had my MC on a regular cycle of 25 days with normal flow.
But after that normal MC, I had my AF twice and both started on 21st day of cycle. Moreover, the flow is not normal like before and only lasts for 2-3 days max with dark red/Brown light spotting and then little bit of small clots on day 2 and day 3 again very light. I am very confused since I want to conceive ASAP but not succeeding.

Thanks for reading all through this.
What is the name of the "other tablet"?

It may take a healthy couple a year to conceive, although some fertility evaluation may be in order if you are over 30 and do not get pregnant within 6 months of trying.

Are you counting your cycle length from the first day of flow to the first day of flow? Not the end of one bleeding episode to the beginning of another.

What do you mean by "AF"?

What did you use for contraception before you started trying to conceive?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness